Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2010, 09:59 AM   #61
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well clearly we both live down here so it's really not much effort for me to continually add troops! This is a very entertaining game though!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #62
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Push notifications would need to be handled carefully. You'd need to be able to set up options so people can chose to see notifications for some things but not others. I would like to see when I lose a territory. That being said, if you drive to Montana and one day somebody does the same drive you're going to get a notification every 30 seconds for several hours.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #63
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a dream about this app last night. I dreamt that I walked all the way around the great wall of China, just to gain the territory.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:56 PM   #64
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
I had a dream about this app last night. I dreamt that I walked all the way around the great wall of China, just to gain the territory.
We might have to borrow that quote for some promotional material.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #65
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
We might have to borrow that quote for some promotional material.
LOL, and it wasn't just the great wall of China, I went somewhere else just for the territory, but I couldn't remember where when I woke up!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:02 PM   #66
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm upset that whoever Percy is overtook my territory "Heavy Petting Zoo" and renamed it "Unknown Territory".
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #67
JerzeeGirl
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm becoming terribly jealous that I can't play this game and give the people in the SW a run for their money....when's the iPod Touch update coming?!?!?
JerzeeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:45 AM   #68
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

KTrain and I got into something of a battle over the dome Saturday night. In what will be remembered as "Bloody Saturday", we attacked each other to the point we lost all of our troops by the end of the night. It was pretty much WW1 ... There was no strategy or reason, we just aimed to murder each other in the most inefficient way possible.

Slava are you Ghengis? My god ... I'm locked in a battle that involves my old iPhone brought out of retirement. It'd plugged into a wall doing nothing but accumulating troops. He must be doing the same. After a weekend the current tally is 9000 to 5400 in my favour.

If anybody wondering, you can use two iPhones with success. You can double your point production if both phones are in the same territory or you can leave one at home and accumulate troops elsewhere in the city at the same time.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:51 AM   #69
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
KTrain and I got into something of a battle over the dome Saturday night. In what will be remembered as "Bloody Saturday", we attacked each other to the point we lost all of our troops by the end of the night. It was pretty much WW1 ... There was no strategy or reason, we just aimed to murder each other in the most inefficient way possible.

Slava are you Ghengis? My god ... I'm locked in a battle that involves my old iPhone brought out of retirement. It'd plugged into a wall doing nothing but accumulating troops. He must be doing the same. After a weekend the current tally is 9000 to 5400 in my favour.

If anybody wondering, you can use two iPhones with success. You can double your point production if both phones are in the same territory or you can leave one at home and accumulate troops elsewhere in the city at the same time.

Yes sir, I am Genghis. I just picked that name as it was the first guy I could think of who was fittingly trying to take over the world!

If you would just play fair and shut down that other iPhone of yours we could actually have a battle!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #70
MacFlame
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

hilarious! Now I own the dome again. I was wondering how I ended up owning that territory even though I wasn't at the game.
MacFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:51 AM   #71
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
My only regret is that I was knocked out of 1st before I could change the territory name again.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:18 PM   #72
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Yes sir, I am Genghis. I just picked that name as it was the first guy I could think of who was fittingly trying to take over the world!

If you would just play fair and shut down that other iPhone of yours we could actually have a battle!
There's no way I could compete without it. You were playing all damn weekend! I use my phone for way too much stuff. Perhaps I'll shut it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
My only regret is that I was knocked out of 1st before I could change the territory name again.
It was actually kind of funny. I looked down and said "hey he attacked me" and then my phone refreshed with less troops, and then it refreshed again. I spent the next 5 minutes just frantically sending kamikaze attacks.

Speaking of kamikaze ... wouldn't it make sense if that attack killed one of your troops? Pretty sure by definition a kamikaze attack needs to kill the attacker or it's just a bomb.

Back in the beta days I owned the ctrain line, it was epic. I notice today that may prove a little more difficult as 80% of the territories have somebody living nearby. There were some available on the south end, but beyond that most is occupied quite strongly.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #73
Captain Chuckles
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Digg the game if you don't mind folks!

http://digg.com/d31EcJX

P.S. We will be trying to get it changed to an iPod/iPhone game. I do play on my iPod, but its the beta build
Captain Chuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:12 PM   #74
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Push notifications would need to be handled carefully. You'd need to be able to set up options so people can chose to see notifications for some things but not others. I would like to see when I lose a territory. That being said, if you drive to Montana and one day somebody does the same drive you're going to get a notification every 30 seconds for several hours.
I took a couple off you this weekend. If you like I could just update here everytime I take one of your territories.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:25 PM   #75
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I took a couple off you this weekend. If you like I could just update here everytime I take one of your territories.
I noticed that actually on my way into work this morning. Not entirely cool with it. I'll hit you were it hurts.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:17 PM   #76
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Any idea what the average data use is of this? How much per 30 secs?

Very original idea by the way! Great game.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #77
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearFart View Post
Any idea what the average data use is of this? How much per 30 secs?

Very original idea by the way! Great game.
I'm not too sure. I've been using it for the past few months and haven't noticed any significant change in my data usage.

Captain Chuckles will have a better idea of the particulars than I will.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #78
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Thats awesome! I was thinking of posting something similar to help the poor guy out, but figured I would just wait until he noticed.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #79
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I noticed that actually on my way into work this morning. Not entirely cool with it. I'll hit you were it hurts.
Mission accomplished. *twists moustache deviously while adjusting monocle*
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:49 PM   #80
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Thats awesome! I was thinking of posting something similar to help the poor guy out, but figured I would just wait until he noticed.
Swifty and I had a conversation tonight on which one was going to take your fish creek station. I decided to be a gentleman and let her ravage you.