Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2020, 03:57 PM   #3481
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
I've uninstalled CP2077 - the latest update doesn't even install (PS5)

Done with this turd.
The stories I'm hearing about that game are crazy and sounds like the developers are absolutely pissed with how rushed it was by management
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:01 PM   #3482
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Yeah, it's all good for me on PS5 (my 1.05 update installed just fine) but my friend on the PS4 says it's completely unplayable. Not just messed up and janky, but serious game breaking stuff to the point where he couldn't progress if he wanted to.

Absolutely nuts.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #3483
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan! View Post
I've uninstalled CP2077 - the latest update doesn't even install (PS5)

Done with this turd.
Wonder if it doesn't install because Sony took it off PSN
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #3484
Captain Hair
Backup Goalie

Exp:

For Epic, I missed the other days and thought the Skylines game was their weekly game giveaway, not the daily one...oops.

No luck on Ubisoft's free games, those are past now.
Captain Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 04:28 PM   #3485
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
The stories I'm hearing about that game are crazy and sounds like the developers are absolutely pissed with how rushed it was by management
Yeah sounds like CDPR is the latest dev to get too big for their own good
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2020, 02:53 AM   #3486
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Yeah, it's all good for me on PS5 (my 1.05 update installed just fine) but my friend on the PS4 says it's completely unplayable. Not just messed up and janky, but serious game breaking stuff to the point where he couldn't progress if he wanted to.

Absolutely nuts.
I lasted all of 10 minutes on my Xbox One before putting it back on my shelf. I know it was unrealistic to expect the same experience as the new consoles. But it's pure trash at this point, even with the update last week. Not going to waste time potentially losing a save or any of the other bugs that ruin it.

I finally got in the flow of AC Valhalla and it's pretty awesome. Took a bit to get settled in, but I can see why it got such great reviews. Awesome game that doesn't disappoint. If a game like AC:V can be pulled off on the old consoles, no reason CP2077 couldn't have done the same.

I'm not going to return CB2077, as it was a gift for my friend (we both console share and he gets it on the Series X so it's fine for him). I'll be playing other games in my queue and waiting until spring until it's hopefully all fixed. Until then, F that game.

At the same time, it's hilarious seeing all the drama unfold. Good to see a company be held accountable finally. My only qualm is that CDRP had such a great reputation for the support they did with Witcher 3 (my all-time favorite game) that I feel bad for them as they deserve the benefit of a doubt to right the ship. I wish this happened to a crappier company like EA.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:07 AM   #3487
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Like every year the Winter Sale broke Steam.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:28 AM   #3488
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's working. Hollow Knight is 8 bucks. Can't go wrong there.

Also Octopath Traveler is 50% off and I still can't justify it. How is that an $80+ game??
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:49 AM   #3489
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post

Absolutely nuts.
My buddy is playing on the PS4. He said the latest update causes the back button (circle) to stop working in the options menu... and he wishes that he didn't install the last update which broke the game worse. How the heck do you release even worse junk like that???

I feel bad for him, but Cyberjunk is so bad, it's freaking hilarious now. He also agrees that the game is so game breakingly bad that he's having lots of issues progressing even if he's willing to be patient and try to play through. He's going to give up as well and IIRC, he's poured like over 20 hours on the game already.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:01 PM   #3490
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Like every year the Winter Sale broke Steam.
Yup half the store still broken right now. They even put some of the wrong things on sale while forgetting to put other things on sale that were supposed to be.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:10 PM   #3491
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Check out that beautiful hair:

Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:36 PM   #3492
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Yup half the store still broken right now. They even put some of the wrong things on sale while forgetting to put other things on sale that were supposed to be.
When I first logged on there was pretty much nothing. You would have never known there was a sale if not for the header. Then the site crashed for about 15 minutes and after that it was pretty spotty.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:38 PM   #3493
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Check out that beautiful hair:
Can't wait for that to come to the NHL series in 2027!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #3494
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Just started playing Jedi: Fallen Order on the XSX. Man...if you have an HDR TV and you enjoy Star Wars you should play this. Seeing lightsabers light up on your screen is a thing of beauty. The game seems neat but I'm just 20-30 minutes in.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2020, 05:56 PM   #3495
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
Just started playing Jedi: Fallen Order on the XSX. Man...if you have an HDR TV and you enjoy Star Wars you should play this. Seeing lightsabers light up on your screen is a thing of beauty. The game seems neat but I'm just 20-30 minutes in.
OTOH I'd say if you don't like the Soulsborne games then stay away. Combat is very similar, and if you die then you respawn at a checkpoint with all the enemies respawning. I love Star Wars games, but I hated this one
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #3496
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

Epics free game today is my time at Portia, I enjoyed it kinda like a havest moon game
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 01:05 PM   #3497
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

After deciding to refund Cyberpunk I picked up Jedi Fallen Order. Having never played a Souls-like game I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Up to this point the closest game I could say I've played would be Darksiders 3 but even that I had set to classic Darksiders combat. Jedi Fallen Order certainly isn't a perfect game but I quite enjoyed it. I am under the assumption, and someone can feel free to correct me, that it lacks the sort of fluidity and polish of a Dark Souls game. That being said I enjoyed the combat and the story.

Having completed it I now feel like giving Sekiro a shot. Even though I've stayed away from Dark Souls I've played my fair share of difficult games over the years and Sekiro seems to be more up my alley.

I also just wrapped up my first run through Nier Automata and I am supremely disappointed in the game. I understand that the game requires multiple play throughs for the full story/ending but I can't say I am actually invested in the story after 16 hours. Normally that wouldn't be a big sticking point with great gameplay and Platinum games has a pedigree for creating excellent spectacle fighters. The combat in Nier is so boring though. I am actually surprised at how mediocre both the combat and enemy designs are in the game. I am willing to admit that this game is probably not for me but I found it super easy and not overly compelling. I am not sure I'll bother running through the remaining routes.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #3498
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
After deciding to refund Cyberpunk I picked up Jedi Fallen Order. Having never played a Souls-like game I wasn't entirely sure what to expect. Up to this point the closest game I could say I've played would be Darksiders 3 but even that I had set to classic Darksiders combat. Jedi Fallen Order certainly isn't a perfect game but I quite enjoyed it. I am under the assumption, and someone can feel free to correct me, that it lacks the sort of fluidity and polish of a Dark Souls game. That being said I enjoyed the combat and the story.

Having completed it I now feel like giving Sekiro a shot. Even though I've stayed away from Dark Souls I've played my fair share of difficult games over the years and Sekiro seems to be more up my alley.

I also just wrapped up my first run through Nier Automata and I am supremely disappointed in the game. I understand that the game requires multiple play throughs for the full story/ending but I can't say I am actually invested in the story after 16 hours. Normally that wouldn't be a big sticking point with great gameplay and Platinum games has a pedigree for creating excellent spectacle fighters. The combat in Nier is so boring though. I am actually surprised at how mediocre both the combat and enemy designs are in the game. I am willing to admit that this game is probably not for me but I found it super easy and not overly compelling. I am not sure I'll bother running through the remaining routes.
You should definitely continue with Nier. The subsequent run throughs aren't like a normal 'replaying' of the game. The story doesn't even really begin until the 2nd 'play through'.
mikephoen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 04:12 PM   #3499
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, if you just finished Ending "A", you have not finished Nier Automata. Not close.

That said, if you really don't like it after Ending A, there's a non-zero chance you'll continue not liking it. The tone doesn't change. It just hasn't said any of the stuff it intends to say yet, thematically, and the story is only about halfway over.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #3500
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post

I've heard that Sekiro is more on the difficult side so if that's your bag then you should have fun. There's also Bloodborne is you have a PS4/PS5. But I don't know about the difficulty of that game just because I actually managed to beat it and I am absolutely, positively horrible at these patient/watch the moves/play defense type of games.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote