Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2021, 07:17 PM   #421
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

phhhhttt COVID protocols

https://twitter.com/user/status/1396153402648846345

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 09:13 AM   #422
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why doesn't the league/Lebron just say that he's been vaccinated? Wouldn't that go a long way to get other vaccine skeptics to take the jab?
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:19 PM   #423
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
Why doesn't the league/Lebron just say that he's been vaccinated? Wouldn't that go a long way to get other vaccine skeptics to take the jab?

I'm thinking he hasn't got it. There are people who are anti-vaxers and there are people who probably just want to see how the vaccines want to play out. The AZ rollout has been controversial to say the least and that is probably leading to some contention for those on the boarder line, and he could be one of those. He's always been a guy to get credit for anything he can get credit for, so this leads me to believe he's holding off on the vaccine for now.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #424
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I'm thinking he hasn't got it. There are people who are anti-vaxers and there are people who probably just want to see how the vaccines want to play out. The AZ rollout has been controversial to say the least and that is probably leading to some contention for those on the boarder line, and he could be one of those. He's always been a guy to get credit for anything he can get credit for, so this leads me to believe he's holding off on the vaccine for now.

Schroeder said he's the only one who hasn't gotten it. Take that for what it is worth.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...omments-lakers
Old 05-26-2021, 09:35 AM   #425
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
Schroeder said he's the only one who hasn't gotten it. Take that for what it is worth.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/...omments-lakers
Then it’s a privacy issue Lebron has. So silly if that’s the case when it makes no difference to his job status if he’s vaccinated or not.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 06:54 PM   #426
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Trae and Luka torching their series right now. The Clippers and Knicks have no answers for them.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:38 PM   #427
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well Hawks lost tonight when Knicks woke up. Clippers are yes sucking but it’s not entirely Luka. The Mavs are shooting over 50% on 3s as a team which is the big reason why they’re up. Not that I really think LAC can come back from 2-0 down but I don’t think the Clippers have played that badly, they just got scorched by hot shooting.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:23 AM   #428
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are NBA fans going to have the league wishing that they were back to playing infront of empty seats? Ugly incidents between fans and players (or players' families) in 3 series, and Kyrie's return to Boston tonight could be a powder-keg as well.

As far as the basketball, IMO all of the interesting series are in the West. The east has 3 blowout series, and one close series with a low overall level of basketball, and low stakes with the winner having little chance in the next round. The East will have only two series that matter: the Bucks/Nets next round, and then Philly vs. the winner of that in the conference finals.
The west has a potential title contender in every series, with an opponent good enough to make that contender work.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 03:22 PM   #429
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Heat are the first team eliminated, getting pretty thoroughly curb-stomped after taking the Bucks to overtime in game 1.

Tough call on where to go from here for them. They can clear a lot of cap space with Lowry being the frequently-mentioned target, but Lowry/Butler and their young players probably doesn't get it done. Butler needs another player on the team who's better than him, and there's no obvious path to how they acquire such a guy.
Old 05-29-2021, 04:04 PM   #430
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Man, Did the Heat even try?
Old 05-30-2021, 03:59 PM   #431
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

The Lakers better hope AD’s injury isn’t too serious
Old 05-30-2021, 04:42 PM   #432
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don’t understand why AD is made of glass. Just incredibly brittle player.

Knicks do look done but LAC I think can still beat Dallas.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 10:56 PM   #433
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

It’s been a fun series as a Jazz fan. But man, Morant is something special. Grizzlies got a good one in him.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2021, 09:51 AM   #434
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lillard's performance last night was as ridiculous as it gets, too bad he got so badly let down by his teammates, McCollum in particular. Nuggets and Blazers should be forced to play every playoffs, always seem to produce great series.
Old 06-02-2021, 09:54 AM   #435
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Lillard's performance last night was as ridiculous as it gets, too bad he got so badly let down by his teammates, McCollum in particular. Nuggets and Blazers should be forced to play every playoffs, always seem to produce great series.
It was amazing, probably a top 10 playoff performance in any sport, and they didn't win. From McCollum being ice cold, Covington missing 2 dunks, and Melo passing up open shots, Dame's whole team let him down.
cheevers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 12:07 PM   #436
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, it's going to be such a waste if Lillard doesn't get to the finals in his prime. I think they need to find a way to trade McCollum for someone who can slow the game down and get reliable points in the paint. Haven't thought about who that would be.

Big transition in Boston with Ainge stepping down and Stevens taking over as president of basketball operations. I think Stevens has been in the top tier of coaches since joining the league, and he's going to be hard to replace, even if he's the one doing the replacing.

Curious also to see what happens with Zarren, who has been highly sought-after by other orgs and had been thought to be a shoe-in as Ainge's replacement. He maybe still gets promoted to GM, but he can now no longer rise higher than that in Boston, while other teams would likely be willing to offer him a PoBO role as well.
Old 06-02-2021, 05:55 PM   #437
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Dame’s performance last night was a lot like Lebron’s performance in game 1 of the 2018 finals. Incredible showing ruined by his teammate’s incompetence.
Old 06-02-2021, 10:32 PM   #438
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of great players being let down by their teammates, the Mavericks are about to waste another great Doncic performance by choking away a 16 point fourth quarter lead. Can't hit a shot to save their lives. Hardaway and Porzingis just vanish in the big moments.

EDIT: There, I reverse-jiinxed it as they hit back to back 3s to extend the lead to 10.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 06-02-2021 at 10:37 PM.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 11:10 PM   #439
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Luka works so hard to get his teammates wide open shots, and so often instead of shooting they just dribble pointlessly a couple times, and then pass it back to him so he's got to create all over again but with the shot clock winding down. I think Mavs had only 6 field goals that weren't scored by or assisted by Luka.
Old 06-02-2021, 11:23 PM   #440
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even when they take the open shots, they seem incapable of bearing down and making baskets. And this is what the Mavs are supposed to do well. At the start of the fourth Luka takes a break, and they miss an open foul line jumper, an open 3, and Brunson even missed a layup. And then Luka comes back in immediately. He himself missed a few in the 4th, but it's because apparently no one else is a threat to score even when they're wide open, so he has to put up some iffy shots.

That said, they have really stepped it up on the defensive end, and made the free throws when it mattered most, so they go home up 3-2.

Luka's so great to watch though. It's remarkable how obviously he's been the best player in the series given the star power on the other side. In 4 of the 5 games it hasn't even been close.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#crapforcade , #suckforsuggs , jurassic bay