Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #41
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
I would have ignored your post and moved on.. but this seems like a bit of a cheap shot on your part... "Basement Bloggers"?

Well, sorry EE, I myself may not agree with that list, but since you have openly admitted to not following the prospects or watching the Heat, I would say you are about the very last person on this forum that should be making posts like these when someone comes up with prospect ranking. If you disagree with this list to the point where you are making a personal attack, how about you make your own list and let the rest of the community give their thoughts on it. Oh right.. once again.. you don't follow the prospects... At least Freeway follows the prospects regularly.
Personal attack? What a joke accusation as I didn't even know that a poster here was a "Hockey Writer". You are right I don't follow the prospects and am the very last person that should be making posts like this. Who are the Flames prospects again again? When did I ever say I don't follow the prospects? I said once that I don't watch the heat because I'm obviously in Calgary duh. I don't agree with the list. Can I not have an opinion? I guess personal attacks are in the eye of the beholder since you did just that to me.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 05-23-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #42
schmaaadm
Draft Pick

Im really excited to see Reinhart's play/development in the next 3 or so years. This guy didn't look a step out of place his first NHL games. You can just see his work ethic out there. Would surprise me if he doesn't turn into a future fan fav.
Cundari also impressed me quite a bit. Sturdy, stalky, hell of a shot. Although it has been a small sample size of NHL games, Im starting to like what I see from some of these prospects!
schmaaadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #43
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Personal attack? What a joke accusation as I didn't even know that a poster here was a "Hockey Writer". You are right I don't follow the prospects and am the very last person that should be making posts like this. Who are the Flames prospects again again? When did I ever say I don't follow the prospects? I said once that I don't watch the heat because I'm obviously in Calgary duh. I don't agree with the list. Can I not have an opinion? I guess personal attacks are in the eye of the beholder since you did just that to me.
Read your post again. It seemed designed to elicit a reaction.. 'basement bloggers' - this guy is a professional, and you equate him to a 'basement blogger'. Can't see the derogatory nature of your post?

And yes, if you don't watch the Heat (as you admitted previously) then how exactly do you follow the prospects? Stat lines? So, it is fine for you to come in with that kind of a critical post citing this guy is nothing more than a 'basement blogger', even though he does indeed do much more than follow simple stat lines.

You can for SURE have an opinion - as everyone else here. That wasn't the point, and you know it. Give your opinion, and maybe even follow it up with what you think is a better list. Don't just make a drive-by saying someone is a basement blogger (who is not) and say his list is crap, especially when you have already come out and said you do not watch the Heat... Makes it kind of look how you are just looking for a reaction, no?
Calgary4LIfe is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post: