Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #41
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Fool View Post
Should be drafted by the Flames based on his name alone. Sounds like a luxury sedan.
Crus? not sure I spelled the first part of his last name properly.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:01 AM   #42
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
Earlier today i wrote that Compher elevates his game in key moments. Guess who got the SO winner?
JT Compher is a Feaster/Weisbrod pick if there ever was one. I like that he's a right-shooting, responsible 2-way centre with great vision and hockey IQ. I hope he's still on the board for the St Louis pick. I think his stock is rising u fortunately. I could see him going in the 13-21 range.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #43
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Canada looks terrible against the US. No shots in the second period half way through (21-5 overall)

Edit: And Canada scores a lucky one on their first shot of the period.

2-2
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #44
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lucky? That was hard work

3-2 now after a nice shot from Gauthier
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #45
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch Root View Post
Lucky? That was hard work

3-2 now after a nice shot from Gauthier
Ok, but lucky break to get that Chace is what I mean. As in 10 full minutes in Canada's zone and first time the puck leaves it goes in their net. We definitely have more finish though
Old 04-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #46
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always fun beating the Americans.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 01:15 PM   #47
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
Ok, but lucky break to get that Chace is what I mean. As in 10 full minutes in Canada's zone and first time the puck leaves it goes in their net. We definitely have more finish though
The thing with the US team is that to my understanding they have played together all year and in years previous so they will have their system play down to second nature along with being familiar with their line mates. They take the team program to another level, even more so than the Euro teams whereas the Canadian team is a hastily put together team from across Canada playing divergent styles.

It showed in this game but it also showed who has the best overall talent although what we iced was not our best team as many of our players are still in the playoffs. Also our goalie was the best.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #48
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
The thing with the US team is that to my understanding they have played together all year and in years previous so they will have their system play down to second nature along with being familiar with their line mates. They take the team program to another level, even more so than the Euro teams whereas the Canadian team is a hastily put together team from across Canada playing divergent styles.

It showed in this game but it also showed who has the best overall talent although what we iced was not our best team as many of our players are still in the playoffs. Also our goalie was the best.
And the finish our players had as they finished on fewer chances. Americans have the second lowest shooting percentage in the tournament. They have the team structure, but no finish
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #49
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Compher, Morrissey, Bowey, Desrosiers, Lehkonen & Klimchuck are 2013 picks whose stock will be raised from this tourney. Gauthier with some clutch play late in the tournament. All of the above could be available with our late 1st rounders. Odd that McDavid was so quiet in this semi-finals & finals, registering no points after shredding the competition to bits in the first 6 games...
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #50
Commandant
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post

Thats also true. Consider as well that US gets most of their top U18 talent to play US NTDP, and then when they are no longer eligible they go Major Junior or NCAA after they finish in this program. Canada has their talent spread out and many still in the CHL playoffs.

Note that MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale, Domi, Horvat, Lazar and others would all be eligible for the tournament as 1995 Birthdates and can't play for Canada. In the US, there is Adam Erne and not really a whole lot else that is eligible for the tourney. (Note: Seth Jones as a 1994 birthdate is too old to play, must be born Jan 1, 1995 or later to play in this tourney).

New article every day.
Commandant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #51
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, to Canada the world tourneys are an after thought and we are lucky if we can send our B team while the Americans whole program is geared to win this tourney. If they could the Yanks would do the same for the juniors as well. That's probably next on their agenda, an under 20 national team playing year round, maybe associated with some College program.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
connor mcdavid , jt compher , nichushkin , sam reinhart