Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 09-10-2019, 09:28 PM   #201
old-fart
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pronger 2.0 with multiple giveaways and a -3 (I think) over 2 games... but he got a fluke goal on the PP that bounced off 14 different things before finding the back of the net.

Definitely the best D man not in the NHL and a fit for the Oil top pair. Sign him quick to the 8x8 Oil.
old-fart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:29 PM   #202
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhitbox View Post
Sean Pronger 2.0 isn’t ready for the pro league. He’s ready for the oiler though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fix your post
Old 09-10-2019, 09:31 PM   #203
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old-fart View Post
Pronger 2.0 with multiple giveaways and a -3 (I think) over 2 games... but he got a fluke goal on the PP that bounced off 14 different things before finding the back of the net.

Definitely the best D man not in the NHL and a fit for the Oil top pair. Sign him quick to the 8x8 Oil.
Production trumps everything in Edmonton.

That's why McDavid and Draisaitl are immune from criticism despite being a perennial losing team.

By Edmonton standards, he is Pronger through and through.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #204
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eskimos? No problem, SWEPT!

Baby Oilers? No problem, SWEPT!

E == NO GOOD!!
Old 09-10-2019, 09:40 PM   #205
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Yelesin was good. Showed some physicality and made some good offensive plays. Looks comfortable with the NA game (so far).
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #206
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 09-10-2019, 09:53 PM   #207
Redrum
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ruzicka looked really good. He's always teased a bit with his talent but now it looks like there's more structure and 2-way play behind it. Both nights but especially tonight.
Redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 09:56 PM   #208
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

I really like Ruzicka. Needs to work on some things, but that's what the AHL is for.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:14 PM   #209
Jore
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah Ruzicka had a whale of a game. Strong on the puck, showed poise and skill and dictated play. He’s a very strong skater for his size and found ways to buy himself time with his turns and stickhandling. Im seeing what the scouts saw now. He seems to be taking a step.

Pelletier: I can’t believe how young this kid is given his intelligence and work ethic. Great vision and anticipation coupled with nice edgework and good hands is quite a combo. Excited to see what he does at main camp.

Pospisil: really think there’s something there in terms of his skill and processing speed. I loled at him hitting hard with 5 seconds left. the ahl will teach him discipline and hopefully lets him build more speed and get some offensive reps. Really intriguing package of skill, size, grit, and intelligence. Very young too.

Phillips: every year he’s come to camp he’s improved and found ways to impact the game more. Really nice 2 games from him. I was very impressed by how many board battles he won on the wall while breaking out of his own zone. No matter how outmatched he was physically he nearly always found a way to keep the puck moving the right way.

Wolf looked really sound. Philp really does play like ryan.

Overall a strong showing from our 31st ranked prospect pool (missing 2 top prospects and not dressing our best player) against the 8th ranked prospect pool. Flames amateur scouting were the biggest winners.
Jore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #210
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
I really like Ruzicka. Needs to work on some things, but that's what the AHL is for.
Ruzicka was my number one star tonight .man the Oilers prospect just plain suck.i was joking with my buddy that they were playing like they dont wanna go to Edmonton for main camp lol
Krynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:06 AM   #211
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
Ruzicka was my number one star tonight .man the Oilers prospect just plain suck.i was joking with my buddy that they were playing like they dont wanna go to Edmonton for main camp lol
The whole "you get to play with Connor" pitch is wearing out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 12:23 AM   #212
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yes it is . Honestly there wasn't a single player that made and impression on me on the Oilers at all but with typical Oilers fashion they will promote these guys when they don't deserve it
Krynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:26 AM   #213
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Much better in person rather than the close-up/low camera angle from Red Deer. Thought the pace was a bit quicker too but hard to say with certainty.

Pelletier
Another game I noticed him everywhere doing all the right little things that typically go unnoticed or unappreciated, and displaying his non-stop motor. Is able to competently and confidently assume C when first F back. Excellent IQ.

Yelesin
Looked more comfortable this game than last, and I thought he was easily the best defenceman in the game. Excited for a few more looks over the next three weeks against better competition.

Ruzicka
Had one of his "on" games - engaged and moving his feet in all three zones. He looks so good when he comes to work. Just needs that consistency.

Pospisil
Such an #######, but an ####### with skill and skating ability. Always screwing around with little ####, like Tkachuk, but with far less discipline when it comes to the obvious stuff.

Gawdin
I thought Gawdin was terrific tonight as well, even aside from his goal. Noticeable directing traffic and dictating which faceoff sets they were running.

I can't believe how poor the Oilers are, especially considering the state of the Flames' defense aside from Yelesin (all other D looked poor IMO - what a fall Nielsen has had). You would think a guy like Marody would light it up but he was terrible, and I didn't even know Lavoie played until reading about the game afterward.

I also think I finally figured out the answer to something that had been bugging me for a while...who Bouchard stylistically reminds me of: fellow ex-Knight, (prime) Dennis Wideman.
Awesome vision and exceptional ability to hit tape in transition whether a slip pass, bank, mid-range, sauce, or multi-zone bomb, and is good at getting pucks through traffic. But, like Wideman, those attributes are coupled with below average skating and a laconic demeanor.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to united For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 07:18 AM   #214
Wolfman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oilers goalie kept them in it and kept it a respectable score. Without him it would have been ugly.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #215
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can there please be an ATL?
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:48 AM   #216
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Eskimos? No problem, SWEPT!

Baby Oilers? No problem, SWEPT!

E == NO GOOD!!
FC Edmonton en route to getting swept.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:22 AM   #217
Yrebmi
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Can there please be an ATL?
Way to much gold to attempt to pull a Gaskal from my phone but here is a great ATL quote from that other site.

Quote:
Meaningless game or not, it would be nice if the Oilers didn't get owned again by Calgary's "lesser" prospects. This is the only thing the Oilers have on the Flames so it would be nice to see a goal, give me one goal. Not too much to ask.
Yrebmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 10:32 AM   #218
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The Athletic Five Flames prospects evaluate their own games

C Adam Ruzicka | Age 20, 6-foot-4, 210 lbs, shoots left

Quote:
What area still needs the most work?

Consistency. Go out there every shift and do the same work that I do. Do the same work that I did the shift before. Just the consistency of my play. Bring it every shift, every game, that’s the biggest part for me. Mostly, it’s the mental part. You’ve got to put your head down and do it. I just need to do it on every battle. Every loose puck there is, I’ve got to get it. That’s what I’ve worked on and I’m going to work on every day and every practice.

It’s definitely a European thing. You have a lot more space on the ice. It’s the playing style we do in Europe, but I’ve been here for three years now so I’m all set for North American hockey.

This is a little snippet from a much larger article. Matthew Phillips, Glenn Gawdin, Adam Ruzicka,Eetu Tuulola and Dmitry Zavgorodniy were all interviewed. Articles like this are worth the subscription.

https://theathletic.com/1195980/2019...from-the-pack/
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 09-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #219
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

So when do we reckon the first cut is? Tomorrow, the start of main camp?
Old 09-11-2019, 11:55 AM   #220
sempuki
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
C Adam Ruzicka | Age 20, 6-foot-4, 210 lbs, shoots left

This is a little snippet from a much larger article. Matthew Phillips, Glenn Gawdin, Adam Ruzicka,Eetu Tuulola and Dmitry Zavgorodniy were all interviewed. Articles like this are worth the subscription.

https://theathletic.com/1195980/2019...from-the-pack/
Very self aware. Playing at this level must be very hard. If he manages to ever put it all together ...
sempuki is offline   Reply With Quote