Torts, is that you?
The Swedish Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:52 PM   #2982
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFetish View Post
Well, I made it to the sale. By the time I got in the door the game worn jerseys were pretty much picked over by the season ticker holders who got in early. Of players that may make the Flames one day there were jerseys for Klimchuk, Kulak, Ferland and Sieloff, the rest were of players on AHL contracts. I bought the Klimchuk road jersey and considered myself lucky, and added a nice Heat polo shirt and custom fit hat.

Surprising how busy it was, considering the attendance over the years. Ryan Walter was there talking to people - I wonder what his future holds? I thought of myself as a piranha, helping to pick the Heat bones clean with a hundred other piranhas - bit of a morbid thought but at least I made a good effort to get out to some games and support the team. I wonder how many of my fellow fish did that?

And so I guess for all intents and purposes thus endeth the Abbotsford Heat. Long live the Adirondack Flames!
Hahaha the imagery. That's totally how I felt when I drove by and saw that enormous lineup. You just described it well.

It's really good to hear that Ryan Walter made an appearance and chatted with people. He didn't have to do that. There's really no reason for him to shake hands with people anymore, but he did. Daps to him for doing that. I hope the failures of the Heat don't hurt his prospects at getting another job. Really, he did everything he could and more to make it a successful business.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2014, 12:55 PM   #2983
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate to talk about a banned poster who can't respond, but I haven't the faintest clue as to what RFP was even talking about. I'd like to know what this 'big bang' thing is that he was talking about. Sounds interesting.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2014, 01:35 PM   #2984
Racki
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
I hate to talk about a banned poster who can't respond, but I haven't the faintest clue as to what RFP was even talking about. I'd like to know what this 'big bang' thing is that he was talking about. Sounds interesting.
I thought I was on the outside of an inside joke. None of it really made sense at all.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:09 PM   #2985
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotta send out a huge shout out to BloodFetish for this. Finally have a Heat jersey! And an authentic one to boot. Didn't see those on sale anywhere.

Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post: