Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2011, 08:53 AM   #81
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just catching up on P&R, midway through season 3 now. Considering its on 2 different networks, I'm suprised how many people from The League I've seen make appearances on P&R. First they had Andre in season 2 as the Kaboom guy, and now in season 3 I saw my boy Ruxin as Dou*che from the Pawnee radio show, followed up by Rafi the next ep as Tom's fav cologne guy. I wonder what the connection is there. Does Universal own FX?

On a side note, on P&R I just saw the ep where Swanson goes on a bender with Tammy & gets his hair corn-rowed. Could be my favourite P&R ep of all-time. Classic!
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #82
flames_1987
#1 Springs1 Fan

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
I'm just catching up on P&R, midway through season 3 now. Considering its on 2 different networks, I'm suprised how many people from The League I've seen make appearances on P&R. First they had Andre in season 2 as the Kaboom guy, and now in season 3 I saw my boy Ruxin as Dou*che from the Pawnee radio show, followed up by Rafi the next ep as Tom's fav cologne guy. I wonder what the connection is there. Does Universal own FX?

On a side note, on P&R I just saw the ep where Swanson goes on a bender with Tammy & gets his hair corn-rowed. Could be my favourite P&R ep of all-time. Classic!
The guy that plays Andre and Aziz Ansari started out together doing a sketch show for MTV called "Human Giant". Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see an Aziz cameo on the league.
flames_1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM   #83
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

The second season of The League has been pretty bad.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #84
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
I wouldn't say bad, but 'meh' is more like it. Season 1's 6 episodes totally triumph Season 2.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 05:53 PM   #85
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames_1987 View Post
The guy that plays Andre and Aziz Ansari started out together doing a sketch show for MTV called "Human Giant". Wouldn't be surprised if we eventually see an Aziz cameo on the league.
One can only hope. Everything needs more Tom Haverford. I actually kinda want to see 30 Minutes or Less now, even though I know its crappy, just because he's in it and I hear he kinda steals the show. Man that guy makes me laugh. Love his buddy Jean-Ralfio too, that's the all-time greatest Dbag name.

They should somehow do a crossover just so Jean-Ralfio and Rafi can hang out at the club. That'd be deadly.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #86
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Season 2 isn't quite as good as the first season, but it did include my new favourite insult "Ride my suck stick", so it can't be considered bad.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM   #87
ballin
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post

naginta please
ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #88
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whatever...I think it's a bad sign when my eyes continuously wander to what I'm studying. Haven't laughed out loud since episode 2 of season 2.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #89
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
One can only hope. Everything needs more Tom Haverford. I actually kinda want to see 30 Minutes or Less now, even though I know its crappy, just because he's in it and I hear he kinda steals the show. Man that guy makes me laugh. Love his buddy Jean-Ralfio too, that's the all-time greatest Dbag name.

They should somehow do a crossover just so Jean-Ralfio and Rafi can hang out at the club. That'd be deadly.
The actor who plays Raffi was in Parks and Rec. He played the ######bag cologne creator who was launching his new scent at Tom's club.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 AM   #90
Brewmaster
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I thought the first few episodes of season 2 were weak, but the last few were great. Thought the christmas episode was hilarious
Brewmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brewmaster For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2011, 01:41 PM   #91
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just thought I'd bump this seeing as the season premiere is tonight. Just got into the show over the summer and am now completely caught up, pretty pumped for it. Especially Dirty Mike aka Seth Rogan making his first appearance tonight. What's not to love?

http://www.cinemablend.com/televisio...ies-35756.html

Last edited by Sainters7; 10-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #92
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

So did anyone watch the premiere last night? I thought it was a great start to the season, I'd say their best premiere to this point in the show's abbreviated life. Ruxin getting the ring was pretty classic, and while the Shuffle thing was a little forced, it was still pretty funny. MJD was a surprise. So many good one-liners too, I laughed pretty hard when they were chirping Andre about his creepy outfit:

"So do you consider yourself more of a rapist who likes to do magic tricks, or a magician who rapes people?"
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 PM   #93
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The fisting with Ruxins ring was historical.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:10 PM   #94
fatso
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

"So do you consider yourself more of a rapist who likes to do magic tricks, or a magician who rapes people?"
Well, with me, magic always comes first.

ha ha... good premiere. Rafi is amazing.

The great CP is in dire need of prunes!
"That's because the productive part of society is adverse to giving up all their wealth so you libs can conduct your social experiments. Experience tells us your a bunch of snake oil salesman...Sucks to be you.
" ~Calgaryborn 12/06/09 keeping it really stupid!
fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:02 PM   #95
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso View Post
Well, with me, magic always comes first.

ha ha... good premiere. Rafi is amazing.
That guy makes me laugh so hard. Love when he just whips his beer can at the library wall. Need to get him in as many episodes as possible. Him & Ruxin are definitely my 2 favs on that show.

Oh yeah another good quote from last night, bang bang what the hang!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #96
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Episode wasn't anything special last night, but I loved Andre's one line about vulturing: "You're the Tolbert of my life!"

As a Ryan Mathews owner, I LOL'd
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 AM   #97
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just saw last night that CTV has picked up "The League" and showing it Monday nights at 11:30pm for those of us without FX.

Last night was the Seasons 3 Premier so they are a couple of weeks behind still.

And that Shiva Bowl music video was hilarious. Nice to see Jon Lajoie with a bigger part. He's most of the reason I started watching the series.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:54 AM   #98
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury18 View Post
Just saw last night that CTV has picked up "The League" and showing it Monday nights at 11:30pm for those of us without FX.

Last night was the Seasons 3 Premier so they are a couple of weeks behind still.

And that Shiva Bowl music video was hilarious. Nice to see Jon Lajoie with a bigger part. He's most of the reason I started watching the series.
CTV is just previewing FX shows before it hits Canada at the end of the month.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #99
Vansmack
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
CTV is just previewing FX shows before it hits Canada at the end of the month.
They will probably butcher the fx shows through censorship. Can you imagine sons of anarchy (my favorite show and an fx show) censored?
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:21 PM   #100
Vansmack
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The creators and executive producers of the league are doing an AMA on reddit for anyone interested.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...ducers_of_the/
Vansmack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
did i mention p&r sucks , parks and rec sucks , parks&rec sucks , the league