Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #21
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

ive had it happen to me plenty. its a server problem i think
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #22
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
Wouldn't the problem be with Ro's Xbox though? I mean, I have played this game thousands of times and never seen this happen. The game itself is identical, so the only difference is the hardware.

I'm not sticking up for EA or anything. Just saying if a million people buy the game and only a few hundred have this problem, how could it be the game's fault?
You are the first person I have heard of that is not having a problem with this game. It is not a hardware issue, it is bugs in the game programming.
You are seriously lucky if you have never had a problem with this title.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:43 PM   #23
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
You are the first person I have heard of that is not having a problem with this game. It is not a hardware issue, it is bugs in the game programming.
You are seriously lucky if you have never had a problem with this title.
Noooooo. I am talking since the last time my 360 was repaired (actually, I am pretty sure I just got a new one with my hdd). Before that, I would be able to play for 30 minutes or so tops before getting the "can't read disc" error. It would drive me bananas. I would only experience this problem with NHL 08 and FIFA 07.

All I am saying is that the game *should* act exactly the same way on every console because both the hardware and software are identical. Please don't think I am trying to defend EA here though, as they will let any pile of crap out of the door as long as they make a buck.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:12 AM   #24
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Get the same problem all the time. I tried using a lens cleaning disc in my xbox but it didn't seem to help.

I actually threw out my 1st copy of NHL 08 in a fit of rage after it happened during a close game in the playoffs in my dynasty.

Now i always start a game then promptly turn off the machine restart and it is fine. It usually only does the disc dirty message the first time so if i restart im usually ok.
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:20 AM   #25
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

i have the connection problems but what i hate is i have never seen a goalie interference call in just regular dynasty mode....

Im playing on the highest level and i cant tell you how many times an opposing player is behind kipper or right beside him and not allowing him to move side to side ( and the opposing team scores) and there is no call!!! i hate it lol............

of course i also thought this sucks , a guy from the point fires a slapper at kipper, whho has no traffic in front of him, and it goes in .... then i realized WAIT that really is how it happens to kipper HAHAHa
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #26
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone experience this problem; everytime I go to xbox live to play an online game, the game makes me check for online roster updates, and then makes me download rosters. I do save them, but when I turn on the game next time, it repeats the same process. It is a huge time waster and the rosters are already on my hard drive..no idea why it keeps doing this now, it never did it before.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #27
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Alright I'm getting pissed. I already have NHL08 for ps3 but got the 360 version so I can get into teamplay faster(larger userbase) and now I'm getting dirty disc read errors and my DNF is climbing. Now I'm actually hoping it red rings sooner than later.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:30 AM   #28
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

I've had the same freezing problems/glitches with EA NHL games for the past few years, seems the freezing glitch only affects my game when I'm in dynasty mode.

I found that starting the 360 up by opening the tray, logging out, and then loading the 08 disk stopped the freezing issues, until now. I'm at about game 72 of a 82 game season in year two of dynasty, and I can't get past a game against the top team in the east. Doesn't matter what I do, sim, try to play it, whatever, It freezes every time. EA's NHL series has had this problem for years. I won't be wasting my money on another NHL title from EA.
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #29
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro View Post
I just recently started playing this game online again, and have been experiencing some frustrating freezing/glitch/resetting issues in-game when playing someone over Xbox Live. Like this:

Anyone else experiencing this? Any solutions?
That's actually an age old glitch. Since NHL 2004 on PS2. It's the faceoff glitch, and I have no idea how they cannot find the issue and fix it yet. It's outrageous.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #30
nickerjones
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
That's actually an age old glitch. Since NHL 2004 on PS2. It's the faceoff glitch, and I have no idea how they cannot find the issue and fix it yet. It's outrageous.

this happens alot on live, when im kicking the out of someone ..... but usually if they lose connection i will get the win.... i have found one way to defeat this is if you get the face off is just to keep going off sides until they get pissed and stop doing it .....
nickerjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:32 PM   #31
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickerjones View Post
i have found one way to defeat this is if you get the face off is just to keep going off sides until they get pissed and stop doing it .....
Yup this is what I do.

Also, just saw your online ranking Joborule....holy smokes!
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote