Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #581
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
The Stamps and the CFL are ####ing delusional. They want $359 per ticket for my seats at the Grey Cup and that is inclusive of the discount I got for renewing for two seasons. I think I’m done with the CFL after my renewal runs out. Wish I hadn’t renewed. I paid less to go to the NFC Championship game.
That seems pretty steep... where are your seats? And was this from your STH rep or have they already published the prices somewhere?

Top prices in Edmonton were $325 (with a low of $99), but Commonwealth has like 50,000 seats to fill. Ottawa (new stadium) had 35,000 seats and prices ranged from $100 to $540.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 01:43 PM   #582
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Latest on Manziel: https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/j...e-cfl-sources/

Sounds like it wasn't an accident that he got released and that we'll see him in a AAF or XFL uniform soon...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:56 PM   #583
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
That seems pretty steep... where are your seats? And was this from your STH rep or have they already published the prices somewhere?

Top prices in Edmonton were $325 (with a low of $99), but Commonwealth has like 50,000 seats to fill. Ottawa (new stadium) had 35,000 seats and prices ranged from $100 to $540.
The Stamps sent an email to season ticket holders earlier today for advanced Grey Cup ticket purchases.

My seats in Section O (corner off the goal line for those unfamiliar) are $249/each for the Grey Cup with my season ticket discount. They’ll be $309/ticket for general sale. That seems really steep for those tickets. There are four tiers higher than mine too
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to M*A*S*H 4077 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2019, 03:16 PM   #584
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm pretty sure you guys all get a Kraft package along with your seats!
Old 02-28-2019, 03:42 PM   #585
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

$ 249.00 for mine with the 2 year renewal I signed up for.

I'll have to check but it seems in line with what I paid the last time we hosted the cup...

Fom the map they included I don't think there will be temp seating in the endzone above the red / White Club.

Should be easy enough to recoup your cost if you need to sell.

Last edited by Nufy; 02-28-2019 at 03:45 PM.
Nufy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 03:52 PM   #586
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Latest on Manziel: https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/j...e-cfl-sources/

Sounds like it wasn't an accident that he got released and that we'll see him in a AAF or XFL uniform soon...
Has his CFL salary ever been released? If it was inline with what Bo was and is making, I find it hard to beleive the XFL or AAF could offer more even with the exchange rate?
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 04:46 PM   #587
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Has his CFL salary ever been released? If it was inline with what Bo was and is making, I find it hard to beleive the XFL or AAF could offer more even with the exchange rate?
I doubt it was anything close to what Bo is making.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #588
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Section I (blue seats). Grey Cup pricing also has no differentiation between the red and the blues either.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 10:19 PM   #589
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I know about ten other people with Stamps season tickets and there isn’t one of them buying Grey Cup tickets. Stamps are going to look pretty stupid when they have to reoffer tickets at half-price.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:16 AM   #590
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy ****!!! They want $500 a ******* ticket for my seats?! Section R. Are they crazy. I look forward to my phone call with my season ticket rep.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #591
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yep, after 38 years of owning the same seats my dad did not renew his tickets this year. Partially because I've moved to Kelowna, partially because his work schedule forces him to miss most games, but mostly because they expected people to pledge for 2 years to guarantee their seats, and the Prices in S are atrocious, just insane
Scornfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #592
The Familia
First Line Centre

Exp:

This is really too bad. I'm a huge CFL fan but I gave up my season tickets 2 years ago. I get that prices have to increase to keep up with inflation, but this is becoming absurd. The Grey Cup is not the Super Bowl. I get stadiums are smaller so they need to make up for it somehow, but tickets should not be $500 unless they are in a luxury box or something. The highest price should be no more than $350 for dead center reds. I can live with the cheapest seats being $100 for the Grey Cup. Average should be around $200ish.
William Jennings Trophy - 2006
The Familia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:35 PM   #593
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

What until we see what prices the CSEC comes up with for the Stanley Cup finals this year!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 12:42 PM   #594
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I understand the reluctance to buy Cup tickets but atrocious regular-season prices? I just renewed my seats in Commonwealth and they run me about $33 a game, 20-yard-line upper deck. I don’t know McMahon prices but the CFL is good value.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #595
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys are being dramatic. As someone who goes to the grey cup nearly every year this is definitely in line with the pricing, the exception was Edmonton last year but they also had a gigantic stadium so could afford to sell a bunch of tickets to hit the "overall revenue" spot.

Trust me, there won't be a problem selling the game out.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:04 PM   #596
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
You guys are being dramatic. As someone who goes to the grey cup nearly every year this is definitely in line with the pricing, the exception was Edmonton last year but they also had a gigantic stadium so could afford to sell a bunch of tickets to hit the "overall revenue" spot.

I’ve been to 4 of the past 6 Grey Cups

Vacouver- Paid 70 bucks on game day to sit in Lower bowl. They were almost giving away the upper bowl seats on game day to ensure the place looked full.

Toronto - Paid $150 a ticket through the normal ticket sales channel.

Ottawa - Brother in-law has Red Black season tickets so he bought us two additional seats as he was given the option at the time he purchased his own. Think we paid about $450 for the pair. Not great seats, in the end zone in temporary seating.

Edmonton - Same as other have said, around $500 for the pair. Good seats though.

So to say people are overreacting and this is par for the course for the cost of Grey Cup tickets is pretty bold. They are exceptionally expensive and they will have a hard time selling them at that price. May have to reduce price like Toronto did to save face a few years ago.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 03-01-2019 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:27 PM   #597
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I doubt it was anything close to what Bo is making.
Pretty sure it was rumored to be in the $450-500k range. Not Bo money, but at the time it was around tops in the CFL.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #598
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post

Are you joking? The last grey cup in Calgary didn't sell out at way less than these prices. If it's Calgary in the Grey Cup then it will sell out, if not I don't think there's a chance.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:48 PM   #599
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Are you joking? The last grey cup in Calgary didn't sell out at way less than these prices. If it's Calgary in the Grey Cup then it will sell out, if not I don't think there's a chance.
Pretty sure I paid 130 for my same Blue seats in Section I the last time the Grey Cup was here.
Old 03-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #600
jayswin

Exp:

Also, didn't they release a big article last year on how Edmonton was the first year of a new directive to get back to reasonable prices so actual fans can get back into the grey cup games and they'd sell out? They bragged about how the new pricing structure would allow fans from all economic backgrounds to get in and it worked well.

Now it looks like they're abandoning that and going right back to the gouging that led to empty seats and an overflooded and cheap secondary market in the prior years?
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: