Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #41
gamesaver
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeoff View Post
Better to have dead cap than ice a player that is just not fitting in with the Flames. You can't make decisions based on optics. Just ice the lineup that gives the Flames the best chance to win.
I am not sure how Troy Brouwer is increasing our chances to win wether he is on ice or not... But the salary we spend on him could have been used to sign someone who actually would.
gamesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:11 AM   #42
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesaver View Post
I am not sure how Troy Brouwer is increasing our chances to win wether he is on ice or not... But the salary we spend on him could have been used to sign someone who actually would.
Only if they didn’t have that cap space, could have made a deal and couldn’t because of him. Unlikely.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 08:27 PM   #43
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Since the money is spent, the only real question is whether the team has a better chance to win with him on the ice or off it.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:33 PM   #44
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

15 goals in almost 250 NHL games.

Somehow I don't see Shore breaking out like Marchessault did, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:19 AM   #45
gamesaver
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
Since the money is spent, the only real question is whether the team has a better chance to win with him on the ice or off it.

Well buyout is always an option. We would loose the money, but we will have to pay him sooner or later anyway. It would free some cap space and if that money allow us to sign a real scorer, I would do it without hasitation.
gamesaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #46
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well buyout is always an option. We would loose the money, but we will have to pay him sooner or later anyway. It would free some cap space and if that money allow us to sign a real scorer, I would do it without hasitation.
Again, what could the Flames do without Brouwer's salary that they can't do with it, given the new cap, and their present contracts? The Flames have the money to sign any UFA short of Tavares without any buyout. Not that there are any real UFA scorers to be had. If there's a trade, getting a real scorer will involve significant assets going the other way, including their salary.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote