Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2018, 02:34 PM   #61
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

I listed very specific SKU codes for each equipment piece. They got back to me the next day after I called. Picked up a team issue helmet, Ferland's skates, and Gio's gloves. Said they'd ship for free as well.

There's still likely a lot of gloves, helmets and skates left for anyone wanting gently used, top of the line equipment.
Old 06-15-2018, 03:29 PM   #62
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
I listed very specific SKU codes for each equipment piece. They got back to me the next day after I called. Picked up a team issue helmet, Ferland's skates, and Gio's gloves. Said they'd ship for free as well.

There's still likely a lot of gloves, helmets and skates left for anyone wanting gently used, top of the line equipment.
Can you tell us how the skates look when you get them? I'm interested in how worn out they are.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #63
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Can you tell us how the skates look when you get them? I'm interested in how worn out they are.
A lot of them at the day of the sale was in great condition but they're so insanely customized for the intended player, it's always hard to find a good fit I find. For something like skates I'd rather get brand new when there's a sale.

Last edited by alan21; 06-16-2018 at 02:20 PM.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:35 PM   #64
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
A lot of them at the day of the sale was in great condition but they're so insanely costumed for the intended player, it's always ahrd to find a good fit I find. For something like skates I'd rather get brand new when there's a sale.
customed? Or did you man they are dressed up with wings or something.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #65
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

haha oops, customized. Damn auto-correct.
alan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #66
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

i got a call back today from them and my stuff will ship out first thing next week! so pumped. i currently have a set of flames goalie pants that i've worn for the past few years that are starting to show their age. got a brand new set for $125. i was talking to a customer of mine who owns a local sports shop and he said that was a great price. the pants are a few years old, but that's fine - they are brand new and will be a step up from my current goalie pants.
also grabbed a couple of jerseys. got a #22 drew shore that will become a langkow and a carter bancks #46... hoping i might be able to take the numbers off so i can put something else on... we'll see.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:46 AM   #67
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Yeah for sure. I am the same skate size as Ferland (9.5E, size 11 US) but as you and alan pointed out, any custom heat molding could be an issue.

But they were only like $50 so I figured that if they do somehow happen to fit alright, I'd have myself a pair of really good skates ($600 original retail). If not, oh well - not too expensive of a gamble.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:16 PM   #68
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

so i got my call back on friday and my box showed up this morning! that's awesome!

my daughter really wanted to try on my goalie pants. she asked me how they fit - i told her i thought they were just a little too big! ha! ha!

IMG_8929 by bc-chris, on Flickr
Old 06-18-2018, 05:50 PM   #69
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

She looks like Luongo when he's only wearing part of his gear.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #70
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

My items arrived today.

The helmet felt a touch tight, but also it's brand new. Gio's gloves were fairly close but with some looseness. And Ferland's skates fit like Cinderella slippers! Passed the pencil / finger test and everything. I couldn't be more pleased. Will be shopping more next year, but I should have enough to participate in beer league this winter.
Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #71
Kolbe31
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Did anyone happen to grab a yellow practice jersey they might be willing to part with?
Kolbe31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 02:08 PM   #72
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan21 View Post
A lot of them at the day of the sale was in great condition but they're so insanely customized for the intended player, it's always hard to find a good fit I find. For something like skates I'd rather get brand new when there's a sale.
I got a pair of team issued skates this year. they are regular $1000 off the rack, got them for $175

they were customized by whoever had tried them with a longer tongue, but after taking them to professional skate and getting them heat-fit to my feet they have fit perfectly.

I didnt find that most skates were overly customized, and i also found they were mostly in great condition. I picked between about 5 pairs and the skates are easily the best bang for your buck at the sale.
The Boy Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote