Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #1
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default 10 Question with Goffie

MJK: Hello CPHL, today we are graced with the presence of Goffie who has agreed to sit down with us to do 10 questions, let's get started with the first question: Where are you from?

Goffie: Corner Brook NL born and raised.

MJK: What do you do for a living?

I play proline. I also find time manage the Pittsburgh Penguins in the CPHL as well as run several profitable yahoo pools in various sports.

In the time that is left I am the executive director for a Gymnastics club.

MJK: You married or what?

Goffie: I was married to the Montreal Canadiens for many years. We fell in love when I was in grade 3 and they were more number one passion. I then fell in love with the CPHL almost 14 years ago . During these love affairs I was still able to court a young lady and convince her to marry me 7 years ago. Somehow she continues to put up with me and my love of fantasy hockey.

MJK: How did you get into the CPHL?

Goffie: Some red headed jerk convinced me to join.

MJK: He sounds like a real handsome gentleman. Why is it that your team is always so good but you usually suck?

Goffie: If I knew that answer I would have more than 1 championship banner on my wall. I really like building teams consisting of players I like. I also like seeing prospects I drafted personally make my team. I guess when you factor in these things it limits the players I bring in and makes it harder to find the right mix that the stupid random sim likes.

MJK: Can you please define/explain the following special Newfoundland words/terms for all the mainlanders?
a. Lard
b. Farce
c. Blowfish
d. Tag Team Tuesday
e. Sizzle Chest
f. OPL

Goffie:

Lard - is a response you give someone when what they say is so stupid or impressive that you can’t formulate a response.

Example A: MJK says my trade offers are the best in the league.
Response: Lard ( meaning come on don’t BS me we all know the difference in that but don’t need to argue.)

Example B: Crosby just scored 5 points in the first period.
Response: Lard (in this case it means I’m both impressed and surprised but don’t like Crosby and don’t want to justify it with a response)

Example C: I can’t come over and drink beer and watch hockey.
Response: Lard ( meaning grow up and tell the wife you are going to have a few beer)

Farce - anything or anyone that does not live up to expectations. Most common use: you’re a farce or what a farce.

Blowfish - the face you get stuck making as an adult when your parents tell you to stop making a face like Michael Jordan and get your tongue back in your mouth when you are a kid. I may or may not have many action shots in the local paper making the blowfish face.

Tag team Tuesday - the sharks GMs favourite day of the week during the university years. It took place at a local strip joint. I don’t think any further elaboration is needed.

Sizzle Chest - the result of using oil instead of sun screen in the Dominican sun. Combined with a hairy chest It is a unique look that drive the women crazy.

OPL - I am not at liberty to discuss what this stands for. However a group of guys wearing shirts with these letters on it and a nick name on back usually leads to an event filled night.

MJK: What sports did you play/participate in growing up?

Goffie: Played pretty much every sport at one point in time in one form or another. The two sports that I competed in competitively the most were soccer and wrestling.

MJK: Once upon a time I made my wrestling debut and destroyed you becoming the champ on your front lawn. Have you ever recovered from that devastating loss?

Goffie: Didn’t I drink a flask of 151 proof rum that night? I don’t comment on fictional events.

MJK: What is your favorite part of being in the CPHL?

Goffie: Winning the cup was the best for sure. But I love the draft and trading. These two things are what really make the league fun for me.

MJK: What advice would you give to all the new GM’s?

Goffie: If I could give any advice it is trade, trade, trade. Anyone can turn any team around if they make enough moves. This is difficult if you are limited on time, but if you have time to put the effort in trading is by far the quickest method to make a bad team better. That and to have fun. Focus on playing the game in the way that you personally enjoy. Put your own twist on your experience.

MJK: Thank you Goffie for sitting down with me today to do the 10 questions.

Goffie: Lard, that was a farce.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 08:18 PM   #2
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

MJK is a red head?

Everything makes sense now.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2018, 09:14 PM   #3