Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2018, 08:30 PM   #21
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFetish View Post
I can't believe people called the cops on this. I'm like...you want me to transfer 20k to bitcoin? I'll take my chances with the bomb!

Also, I love the disclaimer at the end.
People call the cops because their bagel landed upside down and Starbucks won't give them another one. People will call for ANYTHING.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:10 PM   #22
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I wish they could track down these people and remove their eyeballs with a pair of pliers.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #23
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
People call the cops because their bagel landed upside down and Starbucks won't give them another one. People will call for ANYTHING.
I thought you weren’t supposed to talk about the calls you take?? I’m calling HR.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #24
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I thought you weren’t supposed to talk about the calls you take?? I’m calling HR.
Heh. In the most basic of general terms, I can. And honestly, I doubt that I am the only calltaker who's ever taken a call like that. I could find a couple co-workers who have, and likely multiple calltakers from other agencies.

As long as it's not specific enough to identify the caller, I have decent ground to stand on. Even more so if I'm speaking in general terms about 'typical' types of calls we get.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:33 AM   #25
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
I thought you weren’t supposed to talk about the calls you take?? I’m calling the Cops.
Fixed.
#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #26
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Heh. In the most basic of general terms, I can. And honestly, I doubt that I am the only calltaker who's ever taken a call like that. I could find a couple co-workers who have, and likely multiple calltakers from other agencies.

As long as it's not specific enough to identify the caller, I have decent ground to stand on. Even more so if I'm speaking in general terms about 'typical' types of calls we get.

When somebody calls with something like that, do you need to figure out first if "bagel" and "cream cheese" or "Starbucks" are being used as code words for being kidnapped, or do you have to take it seriously and help them down from their bagel rage?

And why wouldn't Starbucks just give them another bagel?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:56 AM   #27
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
When somebody calls with something like that, do you need to figure out first if "bagel" and "cream cheese" or "Starbucks" are being used as code words for being kidnapped, or do you have to take it seriously and help them down from their bagel rage?

And why wouldn't Starbucks just give them another bagel?
We're pretty good at figuring out if it's an actual call or a 'coded' call. Coded calls are vanishingly rare, too. After a year or so at this job, you get a pretty good BS detector. More often than not, we're talking folks down from their bagel rage.

As to why didn't Starbucks just give them another bagel? If I had to guess, it's likely because the customer was being a typical entitled bagel-rager, and the staff was 'sticking it to them' a bit. I imagine that if the customer had turned around nicely and asked them nicely, it likely wouldn't have been an issue.

But if the customer turns around in a bagel-rage...the staff aren't going to go out of their way to help out.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #28
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well if I dropped MY bagel its my fataing fault and I will buy myself another one.