Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2020, 11:56 PM   #1
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Alex Zanardi is in an artificial coma

While competing in the 'Obiettivo tricolore' relay race in Tuscany, Italy on Friday, he crossed the white line into the path of an oncoming truck, which was unable to avoid him.

I had the pleasure of meeting Alex at a party after a Vancouver Indy in the late 90's and believe me he was the friendliest superstar one could ever meet, when he noticed my glass of wine was down to one sip he said "hold on a minute,I'll be right back" and back he came with a new glass...just amazing

For those who don't know Mr. Zanardi he is a former Formula One and CART racer who lost his legs in a horrific crash in a 2001 CART race in Germany.

Since loosing his legs not only has he continued to race cars he took up handbike cycling and has won 4 gold medals in the Paralympics and numorious other awards and medals.

If you can say a prayer for this man please do, he's truly one of the good guys and an inspiration to many.

Edit: Good times with Letterman

Last edited by Snuffleupagus; 06-21-2020 at 02:14 AM.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Snuffleupagus For This Useful Post: