Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-03-2019, 09:09 PM   #1681
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Well with the Browns season now done, the fun of watching that locker room come unglued begins.
Jermaine Whitehead already got suspended from twitter literally immediately after the game ended for threatening and racist comments towards analyst's and fans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wky...6-df47b8936328
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 09:35 PM   #1682
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Jermaine Whitehead already got suspended from twitter literally immediately after the game ended for threatening and racist comments towards analyst's and fans

*SNAP*

He lost his mind and likely his job because of it.

Twitter stays undefeated.
Old 11-03-2019, 09:58 PM   #1683
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished.. what a game by Lamar Jackson. Agreed about the Vickesque moves.

And somehow I've watched both of Justin Tucker's 2 ever regular season EPA misses (other was that meme-inducing game ender vs Saints). I'm in his head
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:38 AM   #1684
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Well that didnt take long.

Quote:
The Cleveland Browns waived safety Jermaine Whitehead on Monday morning, just hours after he posted profanity-laced and threatening comments on social media following Sunday's loss at Denver.

"Jermaine Whitehead's social media posts following today's game were totally unacceptable and highly inappropriate," a Browns spokesperson said in a statement Sunday night.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:56 AM   #1685
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
New England winning 37-20 isn't entertaining.
Got the score right.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 09:16 AM   #1686
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post

Kind of surprised, to be honest. I think this might be the first time I have ever seen anti white racism being punished on twitter. Its usually open season to hate whites but no one else on the platform.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #1687
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
Kind of surprised, to be honest. I think this might be the first time I have ever seen anti white racism being punished on twitter. Its usually open season to hate whites but no one else on the platform.
I think the punishment was probably more to do with him making threats and I think it was the team that shut down his twitter account.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-04-2019 at 11:22 AM.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:28 PM   #1688
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

I cant believe how bad Trubisky looks right now. every QB drafted in front of him looks significantly better. not a bears fan but that defence looks like it is going to get wasted much like it did in the Urlacher era.
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:29 PM   #1689
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Just saw a stat on NFL Live

The last 5 times the Cleveland Browns have faced a QB making his first career start, they have lost. Including yesterday against Brandon Allen.

A microcosm of that franchise.

Pure futility.
Old 11-04-2019, 12:56 PM   #1690
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
I cant believe how bad Trubisky looks right now. every QB drafted in front of him looks significantly better. not a bears fan but that defence looks like it is going to get wasted much like it did in the Urlacher era.
I take it you mean behind as opposed to in front since he's the first one drafted. We can also remind Bears fans that they paid something to move from pick 3 to pick 2 to grab him....when I don't think anyone else was.

I was reading some 2017 Draft stuff and how that QB class had no elite talent in it at the position. Sort of remarkable how the process could not see that players like Jackson, Watson, and Mahomes could be developed into something more than just game Managers. Maybe it speaks to how NFL coaching has evolved and that teams can figure out how to take less traditional types and work an offence to suit the players strenghts....than again these reports I was reading was questioning athleticism on all three of these guys. Which today seems silly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 01:01 PM   #1691
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Just saw a stat on NFL Live

The last 5 times the Cleveland Browns have faced a QB making his first career start, they have lost. Including yesterday against Brandon Allen.

A microcosm of that franchise.

Pure futility.
You could say it would be so Browns to fire their head coach after one season but Kitchens is so over his head that bringing him back and expecting things to be better would likely lead to a rerun of keeping Hue Jackson after a 1-15 season only to watch him go 0-16. When it's obvious you made a bad hire it's best to make a clean break rather than double down on a bad decision.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:06 PM   #1692
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
You could say it would be so Browns to fire their head coach after one season but Kitchens is so over his head that bringing him back and expecting things to be better would likely lead to a rerun of keeping Hue Jackson after a 1-15 season only to watch him go 0-16. When it's obvious you made a bad hire it's best to make a clean break rather than double down on a bad decision.
If they do go down that road....my guess is Mike McCarthy is the replacement.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #1693
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe should have just kept Gregg Williams. But that's peak Browns, don't keep the coach who led a winning record in his time and instead promote a guy who might be the most inexperience head coach ever just because Baker likes him.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #1694
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I take it you mean behind as opposed to in front since he's the first one drafted. We can also remind Bears fans that they paid something to move from pick 3 to pick 2 to grab him....when I don't think anyone else was.

I was reading some 2017 Draft stuff and how that QB class had no elite talent in it at the position. Sort of remarkable how the process could not see that players like Jackson, Watson, and Mahomes could be developed into something more than just game Managers. Maybe it speaks to how NFL coaching has evolved and that teams can figure out how to take less traditional types and work an offence to suit the players strenghts....than again these reports I was reading was questioning athleticism on all three of these guys. Which today seems silly.
Even with the aid of advanced stats and more resources placed in scouting, the draft will always be an imperfect science. Mahomes had the arm and athletic talent but his mechanics and decision making were questioned making him more of a boom/bust guy. I think he would have flashed on most teams but there's little doubt he ended up in the very best landing spot for a young QB with the best offensive game planner in the history of the NFL and a roster full of elite talent at receiver, TE, and RB.

I never understood why Watson dropped out of the top 5 as IMO he was clearly the best college QB and was more a victim of being in the spotlight too long where the more film out there the more scouts start picking away at small things making mountains out of mole holes. Trubisky was a one year starter in a spread offense and it goes to show that there's a fine line between having too much college film and not enough film. Kind of why I wasn't overly high on Haskins in the recent draft as I don't know how anyone could make a conclusion of a franchise QB based off of one season of football. The Bears gambled on Trubisky's upside and it cost them dearly.

Little doubt that the 2017 QB class was much better than the more heralded 2018 QB class as it unearthed two elite QB's while the top 3 QB's taken in 2018 look to have low ceilings. I'm not sold on Jackson yet as an elite QB but he's been by far the best of the bunch and has a unique skill set that makes him hard to defend. Time will tell if the league catches on to that offense and if he develops into a better passer but you can't argue with his play overall which has him in the conversation as MVP.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-04-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-04-2019, 01:29 PM   #1695
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

at least his beard game was on point ^^

https://twitter.com/user/status/1191161787858608128
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #1696
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol the last one is amazing because he looks like Randy Marsh

Old 11-04-2019, 07:19 PM   #1697
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Make the Cowboys wear blue and they will lose.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:21 PM   #1698
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

They might come back now that the cat left.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #1699
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The cat was the best part of the game
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:07 PM   #1700
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Is this ref new? I like him.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote