Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2019, 07:24 PM   #3041
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Breaking news out of the CSA offices: 2 crossbars in a Finals game is now equivalent to an extra goal, 3 and that goal is considered an away goal so it’s now 2-0 Forge with an away goal.

An absolute farce.

I don’t think my thoughts on the corruption and political motivation and overall favouritism behind the CSA need to be again repeated.

But if this isn’t exhibit 1a of that in action, don’t know what is.

On and on Wheeler went during the game on about the Forge’s coach day job running of powerhouse of a club and academy, as if it was Bayern Munich’s program in pumping out international talent. With Ontario centric CSA, most cutting their political backstabbing teeth coming up through the Ontario Soccer Association in the first place, and being supported by the power brokers in the OSA, there is no way they want to risk any bad vibes by pissing off a supposed pipeline academy’s leader by sending off his best Pro player, nevermind the defacto governor of the league and that usual narrative.

CSA bullied the CPL here, and as I maintain from above, they will continue to do so when it serves their best interests, and then they step out when it doesn’t (see the Ottawa situation where they stayed quiet, and the racial issue which they drug out as long as possible).

And, take out and keep out arguably the Cavs most consistent and dynamic center back...The CPL,CSA and Forge have to assume that it will help the Forge get 1 away goal for Forge is going to be enough to win it all, as the Cavs getting 3 will be tough and 3 goals can be also managed by the game officials.

Saturday, the screw job continues, I predict a dubious Forge penalty at some point, Cavs get two, and at least one more called back off via offside. Potentially a late Forge goal as the Cavs press everyone up.
Is this is a joke?
Old 10-31-2019, 07:27 PM   #3042
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Is this is a joke?
First paragraph is..probably.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:49 PM   #3043
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
First paragraph is..probably.
Ha. I’ve been into the edibles so my sarcasm detector wasn’t on.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:18 AM   #3044
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

There's some guy on Twitter whining that Cavalry FC ticket prices don't start at $8.

I am tempted to call him an idiot, but I refuse to feed the troll.

Also, I am surprised as many tickets still are available for tomorrow as there are.

Last edited by Kipper is King; 11-01-2019 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 08:30 AM   #3045
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

So here we are - finals eve. This feels quite different to be honest. For the entire season, Canadian Championship, etc. Cavalry have really had nothing to lose. The team's form ensured a quick spring season win and a finals berth, the fall season didn't really matter other than for pride (and they won it anyway), and the Canadian Championship run was all a nice little bonus with low expectations vs. MLS opposition.

But this second leg is the only time I have felt a bit uneasy and nervous. I suppose that's what sports is all about and as Flames fans, we are collectively used to having something to lose.

I suppose I don't really have a point, other than in this club's short but interesting life thus far, this is the first true "must win" with a real painful downside. Quite frankly, we aren't used to this and it feels strange. But it will make a win tomorrow that much sweeter.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 09:08 AM   #3046
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I, for one, am ready for the 2 day party that is coming up. Let's end the season with a bang...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 09:34 AM   #3047
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I, for one, am ready for whatever happens. The way I see it, the Cavs, win or lose tomorrow, are the real champs anyways. Winning the top of the table for both Spring and Fall seasons is much more difficult to accomplish than a two-game series where anything can happen. I also see their advancement in the Canadian Championship as something incredibly special... moreso than perhaps this final tomorrow. That was SO. MUCH. FUN.

Plus, this team has enriched the sporting experience in this city so much, that I just love love love this team and everything they've done for Calgary and for us as footy fans in this city. This has been an exhilarating last six months and I've now got a new #1 sports team to cheer for in Calgary (if I'm being honest, I follow them more than the Flames now). Can't wait to buy season tickets.

This weekend will definitely be a party. I'm getting my drinking ready starting today at 5PM...
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 10:28 AM   #3048
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Me Tomorrow Afternoon

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 12:19 PM   #3049
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Plus, this team has enriched the sporting experience in this city so much, that I just love love love this team and everything they've done for Calgary and for us as footy fans in this city. This has been an exhilarating last six months and I've now got a new #1 sports team to cheer for in Calgary (if I'm being honest, I follow them more than the Flames now). Can't wait to buy season tickets.
Couldn't agree more, I think the club has been a great addition to the local sports scene. In the 5 years I've been following Tommy Wheeldon led teams, I've gone from die-hard Flames fan to not being able to care less about the Flames. The experience watching a game live is no comparison, IMO.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #3050
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

At this rate, I expect I'll be eaten alive by my own nervousness tomorrow!
Old 11-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #3051
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
I've gone from die-hard Flames fan to not being able to care less about the Flames. The experience watching a game live is no comparison, IMO.
For me, I wouldn't go that far, but Cavalry FC has certainly reshaped my perspective on Calgary sports. There's no doubt that a Cavalry regular-season game is usually way more fun to attend than a Flames regular-season game.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:03 PM   #3052
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone wanna split a family 4 pack?

$50/pair!

I’m a fair-weather fan, and by fair weather, I mean I need fair weather to sit outside. I waited to make sure it wasn’t going to be -12 degrees before purchasing and the cheaper seats are gone.

PM me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2019, 09:05 PM   #3053
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Meeting so many fans and others from across the CPL tonight at the Rose and Crown was wonderful.
Old 11-02-2019, 08:24 AM   #3054
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nice little clip on Global about what we're doing in Section 200.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6116438/c...-championship/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 09:30 AM   #3055
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Think last night was a success. Packed house with a tonne of people from around the league. Supporters from Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, Mississauga, Hamilton and Halifax. The panel was ignored by a lot of people which was a little unfortunate. Andi Petrillo was super nice when I met her and Wheeler was a prick.

Met the commissioner, the president, multiple owners and a bunch of people from around the league. They all spoke highly of what we were doing in Calgary. And in a genuine way, not just blowing smoke.

Now on to the more important matters, winning the title. Let's get it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 09:33 AM   #3056
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

After eating nothing but asparagus yesterday and drinking 4L of water before bed last night my piss bags are all ready to go!

That’s allowed here right? I seem to recall reading about piss bags multiple times on CP, although not in this thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 09:43 AM   #3057
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Are you guaranteed a spot on the bus at Rose and Crown? I should be there around 11:30.
Old 11-02-2019, 09:47 AM   #3058
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
That’s allowed here right? I seem to recall reading about piss bags multiple times on CP, although not in this thread.
I think urine trouble once you get to the game!
Old 11-02-2019, 11:06 AM   #3059
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife bought us tickets to this, so I'll take in my first Cavalry match.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 12:04 PM   #3060
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Came to Calgary just for the game!! Can't wait to cheer the boys on, a win here will be a galvanizing force for football in this province. Up the Cavs!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge