Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:21 AM   #81
hariton
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Haitians were given seeds after the catastrophy, they found out it was gmo and burned it all.
Science and reliable facts about healthy diet: " Forks over knives " at Netflix.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:33 AM   #82
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Old 02-23-2018, 01:13 AM   #83
Cuz
First Line Centre

Exp:

On to the 5th page and no one has said Johnny is just eating the typical American's diet. I'll show myself out...
Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #84
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
Amen. One of the most 'evil' corporations on earth. We're their scientific experiments. Heck my friend fed half of his pigs organic non-gmo corn and the other half standard gmo corn. When they were butchered their stomachs were completely different. The GMO corn fed pigs had signs of massive stomach inflammation and the non-gmo pigs looked normal. GMO's have never been thoroughly and properly tested and are regarded as blindly safe. The question of whether or not humans should eat food from genetically modified organisms is clearly not amenable to a simple “yes” or “no”. Indeed, a wise answer comprehends a diverse array of scientific expertise, not only in files of molecular biology, but also in agricultural economics, animal and microbial ecology, food technology, and immunology – a breadth of expertise unlikely to be found in one person or any of the basic tests that have been performed.
You know what had never been proven safe? Everything. If anyone anti GMO can please identify the standard they would like in place for testing all food let's evaluate it and require it for both GMO and non GMO food. Let's all get on board and make our food system safe.

What kind of testing would it take to make you change your mind?

Also why do you differentiate between genetic modification and genetic selection which had been practice for 4000 years.

Last edited by GGG; 02-23-2018 at 06:28 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:39 AM   #85
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogged View Post
Ya who doesn’t love their fruits and veggies soaked in round up? Lol
If they can use glyphosate on them then it means they don't have to even more, nastier chemicals for weed control to get the same yields. It's a pretty safe pesticide compared to most, including a lot of naturally derived, organically certified ones.

Non-GMO require more pesticides, organic doesn't mean they aren't using pesticides, wash your fruits and vegetables.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:12 AM   #86
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
On to the 5th page and no one has said Johnny is just eating the typical American's diet. I'll show myself out...
Old 02-23-2018, 08:14 AM   #87
colbym72
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread is stupid
Old 02-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #88
Heavy Jack
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol busting out silverware? A butter knife and fork for KFC Chicken in a luxury plane... DT is tough to take honestly.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:20 AM   #89
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is his headrest embossed?

Or is that a nasty head grease stain?
Old 02-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #90
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
lol busting out silverware?
How do you eat it? With your hands?!

Old 02-23-2018, 09:42 AM   #91
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Jack View Post
lol busting out silverware? A butter knife and fork for KFC Chicken in a luxury plane... DT is tough to take honestly.
I like how he has a bucket, the gravy and no fries. Too close to being a vegetable, I guess.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 AM   #92
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
If they can use glyphosate on them then it means they don't have to even more, nastier chemicals for weed control to get the same yields. It's a pretty safe pesticide compared to most, including a lot of naturally derived, organically certified ones.

Non-GMO require more pesticides, organic doesn't mean they aren't using pesticides, wash your fruits and vegetables.
Wow... this has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on any topic in any forum.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Put the google machine down. You don’t know how to use it properly.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #93
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
Wow... this has to be one of the most ignorant posts I have ever read on any topic in any forum.
Tell me again what kind of corn you think was used to provide the oil that rats who refuse to eat GMO corn loved?

Quote:
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. Put the google machine down. You don’t know how to use it properly.
You seem awfully irritable for somebody who's claimed to find zen with their paleo diet.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:03 AM   #94
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Tell me again what kind of corn you think was used to provide the oil that rats who refuse to eat GMO corn loved?

You seem awfully irritable for somebody who's claimed to find zen with their paleo diet.
IDK.. What I do know is that Rats will eat car wiring made from vegetable oil but wont eat GMO Corn. If that vegetable oil is GMO, I can only infer that the oil is not as concentrated to scare the Rats off but yet keep them interested, quite the adverse when it comes to fresh whole GMO Corn, which anyone with a rational thought would think that they would certainly go after a fresh vegetable.. and...

I'm not irritable at all. Just calling you on your BS seeing as you feel the need to try and dilute my position and discredit or "take shots" at me when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

EDIT: Im going to leave this here - check it out... its pretty eye-opening, if you arent on the extreme right of the isle..

Last edited by IgiTang; 02-23-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #95
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
IDK.. What I do know is that Rats will eat car wiring made from vegetable oil but wont eat GMO Corn. If that vegetable oil is GMO, I can only infer that the oil is not as concentrated to scare the Rats off but yet keep them interested, quite the adverse when it comes to fresh whole GMO Corn, which anyone with a rational thought would think that they would certainly go after a fresh vegetable.. and...
So you must reject any study that claims rats were fed GMO corn, since you know that rats just refuse to eat it.

Makes you wonder how they're gathering any data at all?

Or maybe the video you saw is just the anecdotal stories that pop up on all the websites that are basically like any anti-vaxxer website that pops up. Throw in a bunch of studies whether they're relevant or not, some anecdotal data, and pass it off like verified scientific fact.

Quote:
I'm not irritable at all. Just calling you on your BS seeing as you feel the need to try and dilute my position and discredit or "take shots" at me when you clearly have no clue what you're talking about.
Europe allows the use of naturally derived insecticides that kill bees in addition to target pests, because otherwise they'd see massive crop yield declines to to pest damage. Them allowing or not allowing something isn't the be-all, end-all of what makes something good or bad. 'You must be smarter than these countries' isn't what makes for evidence based decisions. Those countries are also responsible for producing much of the chemicals we use in food production as well.

If you can use glyphosate for weed control, it means you don't have to use other herbicides that are more toxic, less effective, have more negative residual effects in the environment, and last longer in the environment to achieve the same crop yield. These are the facts. Doesn't mean I'd go drinking Roundup, but I also wouldn't eat manure even though I don't have a problem with it being used in farming either.

I was also responding to a post that made it seem like you can spray roundup on fruits and vegetables in general, and not just a few, select varieties. But yeah, I'm the ignorant one.

EDIT: Jeffrey M. Smith?! Okay, you got me hook, line and sinker. Good troll.

Last edited by Roughneck; 02-23-2018 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 11:50 AM   #96
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
So you must reject any study that claims rats were fed GMO corn, since you know that rats just refuse to eat it.

Makes you wonder how they're gathering any data at all?

Or maybe the video you saw is just the anecdotal stories that pop up on all the websites that are basically like any anti-vaxxer website that pops up. Throw in a bunch of studies whether they're relevant or not, some anecdotal data, and pass it off like verified scientific fact.

Europe allows the use of naturally derived insecticides that kill bees in addition to target pests, because otherwise they'd see massive crop yield declines to to pest damage. Them allowing or not allowing something isn't the be-all, end-all of what makes something good or bad. 'You must be smarter than these countries' isn't what makes for evidence based decisions. Those countries are also responsible for producing much of the chemicals we use in food production as well.

If you can use glyphosate for weed control, it means you don't have to use other herbicides that are more toxic, less effective, have more negative residual effects in the environment, and last longer in the environment to achieve the same crop yield. These are the facts. Doesn't mean I'd go drinking Roundup, but I also wouldn't eat manure even though I don't have a problem with it being used in farming either.

I was also responding to a post that made it seem like you can spray roundup on fruits and vegetables in general, and not just a few, select varieties. But yeah, I'm the ignorant one.
Yawn.... first of all, if you create a proper microbiology within the turf, ornamental or producing plant then "weeds" become limited. You do this by compost tea's of different varieties. Not by roundup... which is, in many circles, the one product on earth that will be the end of us all.. (pretty extreme thought, but not all that unreal).

Weeds aren't an issue as well.. vanity is. Weeds actually provide many nitrogen fixing organisms and also resource share with many plants. The reason weeds grow is because an imbalance exists within the plant or turfs ecosystem such as not enough humus growing in the soil to increase water holding capacity that creates more cations within the clay, that are nutrient storing nodes. Round-up and all other herbicides, pesticides or simply chemicals kills the microbiology within the soil and reducing the cation exchange capacity (CEC) as well as the water holding capacity which in turn simply rinses all the pesticides away and into the drainage system and into rivers, lakes etc.. which forces you to put MORE chemicals on them, which.. rinse and repeat (no pun intended).. which in turn costs the producer twice as much if not more... when all they have to do is create a proper microbiology that nature intended and the plants will protect themselves.

Do some research bud.

EDIT: good troll? I provide you information from a renowned 3rd party and thats called a troll? Youre the one trolling now pal. Provide some evidence to your theory or go away.. This discussion was over before it even began. Ive provided you the tools to learn. Now its up to you.

Last edited by IgiTang; 02-23-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:15 PM   #97
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
Amen. One of the most 'evil' corporations on earth. We're their scientific experiments. Heck my friend fed half of his pigs organic non-gmo corn and the other half standard gmo corn. When they were butchered their stomachs were completely different. The GMO corn fed pigs had signs of massive stomach inflammation and the non-gmo pigs looked normal. GMO's have never been thoroughly and properly tested and are regarded as blindly safe. The question of whether or not humans should eat food from genetically modified organisms is clearly not amenable to a simple “yes” or “no”. Indeed, a wise answer comprehends a diverse array of scientific expertise, not only in files of molecular biology, but also in agricultural economics, animal and microbial ecology, food technology, and immunology – a breadth of expertise unlikely to be found in one person or any of the basic tests that have been performed.
I'm calling bull#### on this story. You're saying 'your friend' divided his farm in half, bought corn from two different suppliers, one who only sold GMO corn and one that only sold non-GMO corn, stored the corn completely separately, sterilized his equipment between grinding one kind of corn and the other, stored the ground corn separately and fed the two sides of his farm separately for the entire life cycle of his pigs. Then butchered his own animals so he could examine the stomachs for 'stomach inflammation'.

Yeah, this didn't happen.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:22 PM   #98
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

How many goals could Gaudreau score if his stomach wasn't inflamed?

I'd say 3 more.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:29 PM   #99
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Wow might be time to take a break from reading CP. No wonder players don’t want to play in a Canadian market, my goodness.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2018, 12:30 PM   #100
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Now, if Gaudreauvertime could weigh in we could truly have the worst thread on CP.
The Following User Says Thank You to VilleN For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread