Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2018, 12:09 PM   #261
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I've listened to a few HDTGM without having seen the movie and they hold up. Mantzoukas makes the podcast, skip any episodes without him.

My comedy podcast of choice is Your Mom's House, a husband/wife comedy duo, which sounds like a horrible premise for a podcast. Some highlights to get one started:

NSFW!
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 12:41 PM   #262
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

CBC had highlighted this podcast about a week ago and it has been pretty amusing. "Everything is Alive". Host interviews inanimate objects.

https://www.everythingisalive.com/
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:49 PM   #263
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

ChooseFI is my main podcast that I listen to. Lots of interesting financial independence discussion.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:09 PM   #264
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
How do you listen to the podcast? Do you have the movie going at the same time? Do you watch it beforehand? I can't imagine it'd be funny if you don't know what they're talking about.
They're not watching the movie live. They all watch it beforehand, make notes, and then when they go live or record the podcast, they discuss the film and make fun of it.

Honestly, you don't even have to have seen the movie to enjoy the show, as they're pretty funny people, especially Jason Mantzoukas. If you have seen the movie before, it just adds to the fun.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #265
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Nm

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 09:22 PM   #266
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I've been looking forward to mindscape by sean carroll, one on one interview format.

about 1/3 are the out there cosmology stuff you might expect. But he's branched out into just about any field that his guest is engaged in.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 10:04 PM   #267
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

dp with a weird time lag
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 12:43 PM   #268
Cortez
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgroen View Post
Hey guys just wanted to mention that some friends and I released our tragically hip podcast.
It's called 'The Cast of the Unplucked Gems' and the show breaks down hip songs album by album, beginning with the self titled EP.
The first 3 Episodes are up with the latest being Road Apples. Give us a listen on ITunes, Stitcher, or at www.hipcast.meterroom.ca
Hey John thanks for posting this, wouldn’t have found it otherwise. Just listened the the first 2 episodes. Love your guys insight on it! When’s the next episode coming out?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on some of the later albums like “we are the same”. Very underrated in my opinion
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cortez For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 10:13 AM   #269
handgroen
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez View Post
Hey John thanks for posting this, wouldn’t have found it otherwise. Just listened the the first 2 episodes. Love your guys insight on it! When’s the next episode coming out?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on some of the later albums like “we are the same”. Very underrated in my opinion
thanks man! proud to say the fourth episode "Fully Completely" is available now. glad you're enjoying the show, and don't be afraid to let me know what you think. The Cast of the Unplucked Gems listen on ITunes, Stitcher, or at www.hipcast.meterroom.ca

is your cat doing singing?
handgroen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to handgroen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2018, 10:16 AM   #270
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm sure its been brought up before, but, the waking up podcast by sam harris is just tremendous

Last edited by White Out 403; 12-01-2018 at 10:36 AM.
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #271
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I listened to the whole Podcast from the CBC yesterday called "Escaping NXIVM". Pretty interesting insight into the whole cult type organization. Have some mixed feelings about the people involved and the resulted criminal investigation though.

I would recommend the 8 episode series though.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:52 PM   #272
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bunk,

Great job on the developer round table. Disappointed you didn’t use the word yop-gobbler

One question I have is around the idea of lowering the cost of development in the inner city. Wouldn’t any cost decrease in the city just increase the value of the land pre-development? If costs go down more projects are required so more people want land so land value just goes up.

I’m assuming that the demand for inner city at the current price still has capacity. If that demand is already met then decreasing cost might work to create a new equilibrium.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:23 PM   #273
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

NSFW!

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 09:56 AM   #274
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
NSFW!

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #275
Savvy27
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hey CP,

I don't want to be obnoxious but I figure that if there is any thread that it would be acceptable to promote my podcast then this is the one. I co-host a weekly podcast about the Flames and the NHL where we review the recent games, discuss issues around the league, talk some hockey trivia, and so forth. Please check us out here or on itunes or podcast addict.

As for the thread generally, I really like More Perfect. It is an American podcast focused on really big moments in US Supreme Court history including some of the most famous cases, but also some cases that are much less known but have had lasting ramifications. The podcast is hosted by an investigative journalist, not a lawyer so it is consciously accessible and not too heavy on legalese.
Savvy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Savvy27 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 09:05 AM   #276
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

My latest podcast - with City of Calgary Transportation GM Michael Thompson. Lots of topics covered:

https://livewirecalgary.com/2019/01/...hael-thompson/

Subscribe through the usual channels
Old 01-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #277
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post
My latest podcast - with City of Calgary Transportation GM Michael Thompson. Lots of topics covered:

I assume both transportation and Calgary?
afc wimbledon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:12 PM   #278
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does he comment on why Calgary can't seem to figure out that when a train is crossing a road every other light doesn't need to be red? See: 17th ave passed sarcee.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:07 PM   #279
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk View Post

I’m a big fan of these podcasts

You are knocking off my list of topics pretty quickly.

I saw you had an article on livewire about the former city manager changing the philosophy of how projects get approved. It would be pretty interesting now that he is leaving the role to have him on to discuss the challenges and balance of operating the public sector like the private one.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2019, 06:09 PM   #280
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

I just started listening to the Spittin’ Chicklets podcast. I have no idea why it took me so long. I started with the “Best of 2018” episode that they posted a couple of weeks back. Holy #### is it funny.

I highly recommend.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post: