Exp:

He's like the Oiler cicada
Old 03-29-2017, 11:10 PM   #4782
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatflame View Post
He comes out every year the Oilers make the playoffs.
SAD. Honestly if you're an Oiler fan and continue to read this thread, you've got some issues. It's like Oiler fans want to be validated. It really makes no sense why guys like moneyguy and stang continue to read this thread and thank oiler fan butt hurt posts.

And don't give me the crap about rivalry, you're not thanking other oiler fan posts for rivalry it's because you all are truly butt hurt this thread exists.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to calgaryblood For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 02:21 AM   #4783
Jay Random
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer View Post
I thought we already agreed that hfboards is terrible and biased worse than here
It is certainly not biased in the Flames' favour, which is what you were accusing the ATL reports of being.

Do try to keep up.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:45 AM   #4784
Sutter_in_law
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You do realize the first "Oilers Rule" was getting rid of 4-4 power plays for offsetting penalties in the late 80s because edmonton was Too good right?

Again another what if... doesn't sound like that draft rule was seriously considered just a bunch of whiney GMS doing their best Brian Burke impression.
roughly the same time that you last posted here prior to yesterday
Old 03-30-2017, 08:05 AM   #4785
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
SAD. Honestly if you're an Oiler fan and continue to read this thread, you've got some issues. It's like Oiler fans want to be validated. It really makes no sense why guys like moneyguy and stang continue to read this thread and thank oiler fan butt hurt posts.

And don't give me the crap about rivalry, you're not thanking other oiler fan posts for rivalry it's because you all are truly butt hurt this thread exists.
Relax... it's just a game.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 08:18 AM   #4786
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
We don't care that much when Oiler fans don't talk about the Flames. It's that when they do, they're usually spewing ignorant garbage.
To wit: /r/hockey right now. Edmonton's inferiority complex is being coupled with the fact that the Oilers have made the playoffs for the first time in most of their fans' living memory, and the result is a lot of Elmers running around.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #4787
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Elmer, you can't honestly say that you aren't aware of why the draft lottery exists and why modifications to it were made. It just backfired, the Oilers won McDavid, pissing off every GM in the league once again.

If you can't admit that, you're one stubborn individual.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:39 AM   #4788
LIP MAN
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
You do realize the first "Oilers Rule" was getting rid of 4-4 power plays for offsetting penalties in the late 80s because edmonton was Too good right?

Again another what if... doesn't sound like that draft rule was seriously considered just a bunch of whiney GMS doing their best Brian Burke impression.
My God, Oilers fans sure sound like the Gary Coleman of the NHL. As in they're always talking about the good old 80's. Ridiculous.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:52 AM   #4789
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:53 AM   #4790
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang View Post
Relax... it's just a game.
Relax... it's just a shtick.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:12 AM   #4791
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Every day that the Oilers have an x by their name and Calgary doesn't is a travesty and the Flames should be ashamed.

This team is the first team in 14 years to allow this to happen. Honestly, it might be time to cut the cord with this core.

^This text is green^

Last edited by polak; 03-30-2017 at 10:11 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:13 AM   #4792
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
Every day that the Oilers have an x by their name and Calgary doesn't is a travesty and the Flames should be ashamed.

This team is the first team in 14 years to allow this to happen. Honestly, it might be time cut the cord with this core.

Quote:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 AM   #4793
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

This team is the first team in 14 years to allow this to happen. Honestly, it might be time to cut the cord with this core.
Hey Polak remember when I said I'd kill you last?

I lied

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 09:46 AM   #4794
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Surely you meant to use green text (no, I'm not calling you Shirley).
We need to keep our eye on the ball here, people. The thread is "Edmonton is no good" - that includes, but is not restricted to, the Oilers. The decade of Oilers' suck is ample evidence of the truth of the thread title, and even if the Oilers happen to appear to be doing better than the Flames, something still smells special bad up there. Comparisons of Oilers' performance with Flames' success or failure are largely irrelevant.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #4795
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
Elmer, you can't honestly say that you aren't aware of why the draft lottery exists and why modifications to it were made. It just backfired, the Oilers won McDavid, pissing off every GM in the league once again.

If you can't admit that, you're one stubborn individual.
I am well aware of why the lotto exists... my statement was that it existed before the oilers started their Multi Year Tank. As in they weren't the first team to do it and it happens in every sport. The Oilers just didn't try and hide it similar to the 76ers... Is it good or bad, is it shaddy or is it part of the game and within the rules, I don't think there will every be a concensus agreement. What I do know is we now have a perennial Hart trophy candidate for at minimum his RFA years. And we are in the best postion we have been in to win a Cup since I was old enough to remember watching hockey (2006 was a Cinderella run) which is depressing as hell to look back on.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:10 AM   #4796
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:
Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post

I read this thread because one it's fun to see the dynamic of how people try and keep spinning that the Flames have been better than the Oilers this year even though they won the season series and have had a better record the entire season.

But more importantly there is the odd time a valid criticism pops up that I would never be informed of if I only read spector, Gregor or the rest of edmonton media or hfboards. And it's a good thing to open your horizon to other peoples view points that aren't in your bubble.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #4797
kevman
First Line Centre

Exp:

My favourite part is that after years of the Oilers being down right no good compared to the Flames. (Which isn't saying much because the Flames have been far from a model franchise over the last decade) That now that the Oilers are a whopping 3 points ahead they're somehow in a different league? 3 pts!? Congrats, you guys gone and done good this year!

BTW, since game 3 the Flames have a better record this year than the Oilers.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:18 AM   #4798
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I read this thread because one it's fun to see the dynamic of how people try and keep spinning that the Flames have been better than the Oilers this year even though they won the season series and have had a better record the entire season.
Hang on, I don't think you can say they have a better record the entire season.

Flames: 43 wins
Mulletville: 42 wins

The points difference is due to OT losses.

If anything I would suggest to you that their records are damn near the same.

Quote:
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2017, 10:19 AM   #4799
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman View Post
My favourite part is that after years of the Oilers being down right no good compared to the Flames. (Which isn't saying much because the Flames have been far from a model franchise over the last decade) That now that the Oilers are a whopping 3 points ahead they're somehow in a different league? 3 pts!? Congrats, you guys gone and done good this year!

BTW, since game 3 the Flames have a better record this year than the Oilers.
This is the spin I enjoy... because those first 2 games didn't count?
Old 03-30-2017, 10:20 AM   #4800
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hell of a poster.
Closed Thread