Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #11301
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
People were quick to anoint Jarmo as a genius for his moves of Anderson for Domi and Dubois for Laine and Roslivic. On paper both of those looked like clear wins for the Jackets but they certainly have not worked out. Getting the 1sts for Foligno and Savard were nice pickups but his 2 big hockey deals that looked like sure wins are not aging well in the early returns
Roslovic has 29 points in 39 games...Laine still has value he just isn't a fit. I still do that deal.
Old 04-20-2021, 10:59 AM   #11302
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan View Post
Domi would be a nice addition, especially if we sell high on Tkachuk and also receiving some of the physicality we’ve lost from Bennett. Though, someone is gonna need to tell me if they’ve watched Domi and if he still plays that gritty game. If Domi doesn’t work out then it was a one year trial and he continues hopping teams. I do think he’d play much better on a line with Gaudreau and Lindholm. Could even take draws if Lindholm isn’t.
I really don't see how people are continuing to have Gaudreau on the team in the future. Adding Domi to this team would be like saying "ok, this team is garbage, let's add another player who can't crack the lineup of another bad team"

This team needs changes. Major changes. They really need to look at getting rid of most guys on this team because they're clearly not good enough.

Adding Domi to this team is the equivalent of adding a spoiler to an '86 Chevette. Sounds like you're adding something good but overall, it's still terrible.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:01 AM   #11303
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Roslovic has 29 points in 39 games...Laine still has value he just isn't a fit. I still do that deal.
‘Still has value’ is even underselling it. They’re going to come out of this with Roslovic and a good return for an inevitable Laine trade. Which will be substantial when compared directly to Dubois.

Guys like this are always valuable:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 11:07 AM   #11304
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
I really don't see how people are continuing to have Gaudreau on the team in the future. Adding Domi to this team would be like saying "ok, this team is garbage, let's add another player who can't crack the lineup of another bad team"

This team needs changes. Major changes. They really need to look at getting rid of most guys on this team because they're clearly not good enough.

Adding Domi to this team is the equivalent of adding a spoiler to an '86 Chevette. Sounds like you're adding something good but overall, it's still terrible.
Even if Domi is a “cap dump”, we have to take salary back if we deal with any team. Cap space has become the best form of currency nowadays, especially in times like these.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:09 AM   #11305
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Laine is the key piece and I am sure Roslivic could have been had for a lesser return than Dubois. I don’t make that trade again as Columbus as they went from one disgruntled young player to another.

My point is that both deals were viewed as big wins for the Jackets. Things could still turn in their favor but both deals look like losses today.

Last summer if you told me that they would turn Dubois (trade request), Anderson (RFA wanting a 1 or 7 year deal who scoredk 1 goal last year), Folgino and Savard into Laine, Domi, Roslivic 2 1st rounders, a 3rd and a 4th I would say that is unreal GM work. The 2 biggest pieces for the Jackets in Domi and Laine both looking horrible is sure taking the shine off those deals right now
Old 04-20-2021, 11:10 AM   #11306
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Domi for Monahan might not be the worst deal out there for the Flames to try and shake things up?
Old 04-20-2021, 11:13 AM   #11307
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Try and trade guys like Monahan and Gaudreau for young players and picks, Domi would be more of an "included" part of a deal. This team isn't going to be a contender for a while, get future value for players. If Domi is the best return you can get for Monahan then you'd be better off to put Monahan on waivers or not protect him in the expansion draft. Domi has some value but as bad as Monahan as been playing, he has more.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:18 AM   #11308
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Try and trade guys like Monahan and Gaudreau for young players and picks, Domi would be more of an "included" part of a deal. This team isn't going to be a contender for a while, get future value for players. If Domi is the best return you can get for Monahan then you'd be better off to put Monahan on waivers or not protect him in the expansion draft. Domi has some value but as bad as Monahan as been playing, he has more.
Yeah, I don't see the point of a trade like that. It's what keeps the team mediocre. Domi isn't going to transform into a 1C. Monahan is just as likely to turn it around and be what he was. And by "just as likely" I mean "not very".

Same goes for Gaudreau. You can trade him but if you are trying to get an equal or better player, the answer is "nope". So get picks and prospects and start over.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:59 AM   #11309
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeez Louise, you think Monahan sucks....
Wait till you get a load 9f Domi in a Flames jersey. He regressed far worse from a much lower production rate to begin with. Yall are smokin some good stuff.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 12:32 PM   #11310
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

If I'm Columbus I'd still do Anderson for Domi & a thrid just based on contract alone.

Anderson got off to a great start with an inflated shooting percentage but he hasn't been very good his last 20.

Anderson has 4 goals and 9 points in his last 20 games at 5v5.
Domi has 3 goals and 10 points in his last 20 games at 5v5.

But Anderson has 6 years at $5.5M left and Domi has 1 year at $5.8M...I know what contract I'd rather have.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-20-2021 at 12:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 12:33 PM   #11311
davidus_49
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Jeez Louise, you think Monahan sucks....
Wait till you get a load 9f Domi in a Flames jersey. He regressed far worse from a much lower production rate to begin with. Yall are smokin some good stuff.
Well it is 420
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davidus_49 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2021, 12:41 PM   #11312
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I'd still do Anderson for Domi too just based on contract alone.

Anderson got off to a great start with an inflated shooting percentage but he hasn't been very good his last 20.

Anderson has 4 goals and 9 points in his last 20 games at 5v5.
Domi has 3 goals and 10 points in his last 20 games at 5v5.

But Anderson has 6 years at $5.5M left and Domi has 1 year at $5.8M...I know what contract I'd rather have.
woops - wrong Anderson

Last edited by GioforPM; 04-20-2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #11313
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
One is a defenceman. A 24 year old one, in his 3rd season. The other is a 26 year old forward in his 6th season, and who's supposed to be a decent scorer.

Andersson is going to be good value especially if the cap rises after COVID. His salary is pretty on par with similar aged and similar producing guys like Zaitsev, DeHaan, Murray, Matheson, Severson, Brodin, etc.
Ummm we are talking about Josh Anderson and Max Domi

Edited my original post to make that a little more clear.

No chance I would trade Rasmus for Max Domi though.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 04-20-2021 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:52 PM   #11314
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Ummm we are talking about Josh Anderson and Max Domi

Edited my original post to make that a little more clear.

No chance I would trade Rasmus for Max Domi though.
oops, my bad. People were talking about Rasmus' "bad contract" before.
Old 04-20-2021, 01:42 PM   #11315
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
‘Still has value’ is even underselling it. They’re going to come out of this with Roslovic and a good return for an inevitable Laine trade. Which will be substantial when compared directly to Dubois.

The floor for Laine seems to be Vanek. Interestingly, Vanek didn't crack the league until age 22 (due to lockout season), whereas Laine has more/less matched Vanek's first 5 years:

TV: 389gp 172g 313P (318-144-260 first 4 years)
PL: 343 - 150-267 (305-138-247 first 4 years)
Old 04-20-2021, 01:57 PM   #11316
Backstop
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Domi for Monahan might not be the worst deal out there for the Flames to try and shake things up?
To the amateur eye test, Domi is looking less and less talented and more and more unstable. Almost like he decided to go both feet first on trying to be a tough guy and forego working on being a talented player.
Old 04-20-2021, 02:09 PM   #11317
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post

That escape speed is a thing that's missing from our top players.
Old 04-20-2021, 03:43 PM   #11318
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

My Proposals for major roster shakeups this year (a bit different than some others and my past self; I suggest moving on from Tkachuk and Monahan while keeping Gaudreau.)

Old 04-20-2021, 03:59 PM   #11319
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Monahan for Domi? That’s pathetic, Monahan will get a lot more then that. You mean similar to the posters that said we would be lucky to get a 5th for Bennett?
Old 04-20-2021, 04:25 PM   #11320
alan21
Don't click that link!

Exp:

Signing Hall at this age with his stats being so volatile recently has too much James Neal written all over it. Granted Hall is faster now than Neal 10 years ago but as much as I was on that sign Hall bandwagon, I think we should look else hwere.
Closed Thread