Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2023, 04:24 PM   #1401
Ferarri
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Wanting to check out a Raider's game this season (probably end of Nov). Anyone know how to get reasonably priced tickets? I assume Raiders site or a place like Stubhub? Tickets seem very pricy so wonder if they had a CP like ticket exchange forum.
Ferarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 04:28 PM   #1402
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
Wanting to check out a Raider's game this season (probably end of Nov). Anyone know how to get reasonably priced tickets? I assume Raiders site or a place like Stubhub? Tickets seem very pricy so wonder if they had a CP like ticket exchange forum.
Try and find something local here before you go. That’s what I did and got for season ticket cost.

Otherwise game time or other resale is going to be your best bet. It’s not cheap to go to a raiders game.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2023, 05:20 PM   #1403
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Anything events or anything special to visit in Vegas around mid-end of Sept this year?
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:27 PM   #1404
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Anything events or anything special to visit in Vegas around mid-end of Sept this year?
U2 opening up the Sphere.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 09:51 PM   #1405
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferarri View Post
I did the stadium tour when I was there and if you’re a football fan you may wanna check it out, very neat and access to the Raiders locker room
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary14 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2023, 08:02 PM   #1406
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

The Triple Down Bar Opens at The Punk Rock Museum in Las Vegas

https://fabulousnevada.com/food-drin...-in-las-vegas/

Quote:
The Punk Rock Museum in Las Vegas is the ultimate destination for punk enthusiasts, housing a collection of artifacts and memorabilia that showcase the history and culture of rock ‘n’ roll. The museum offers an immersive experience filled with handwritten lyrics, instruments, clothing, photos, flyers, artwork and more. Within the museum, visitors can now have a drink at The Triple Down Bar.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2023, 11:15 AM   #1407
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

A new Vegas destination officially opened last night.

Awesome.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1708091362459975982
Old 10-27-2023, 10:29 AM   #1408
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Anyone with experience flying Lynx/Flair? I'm striking out finding a reasonably priced direct morning flight outside of them but the reviews aren't exactly glowing and seems like if they delay or cancel your flight (which odds are higher in December due to weather) you're screwed.

I know it's probably a get what you pay for scenario but not sure if the gamble with them is worth it.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2023, 10:31 AM   #1409
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Anyone with experience flying Lynx/Flair? I'm striking out finding a reasonably priced direct morning flight outside of them but the reviews aren't exactly glowing and seems like if they delay or cancel your flight (which odds are higher in December due to weather) you're screwed.

I know it's probably a get what you pay for scenario but not sure if the gamble with them is worth it.
I'll let you know next month after I do my trip. From looking at YYC outbound website lynx seems to have a decent track record for departing on time but I am no expert at this.
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fundmark19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2023, 10:34 AM   #1410
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I flew lynx from Vegas to Calgary. No issues and we actually left early. Would fly again.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2023, 08:11 PM   #1411
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I flew lynx from Vegas to Calgary. No issues and we actually left early. Would fly again.
I flew Lynx to Vancouver and back.

I really like that they police the sizing of carry-on bags. Makes the boarding/deplaning process much easier.

Definitely would fly again.
Old 10-28-2023, 01:49 PM   #1412
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Lynx has only 9 planes in their fleet. Flair has 20.

Just some context, if you are thinking about taking a chance.

These small airlines struggle to cover for delays and mechanical issues because of their fleet size.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 02:17 PM   #1413
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

I'm wanting to do a family trip to Toronto next summer. It's $3200 return from YQY, but if I fly out of Halifax I can fly Lynx for $800.

I'd rather fly Air Canada, and would rather fly from YQY, but my God... $800 vs $3,200 is insanity.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 02:51 PM   #1414
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
I'm wanting to do a family trip to Toronto next summer. It's $3200 return from YQY, but if I fly out of Halifax I can fly Lynx for $800.

I'd rather fly Air Canada, and would rather fly from YQY, but my God... $800 vs $3,200 is insanity.
Can you afford be there 3 extra days if your return flight is cancelled? Can you live with getting there a few days late if the plane has issues?
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 05:12 PM   #1415
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny199r View Post
Can you afford be there 3 extra days if your return flight is cancelled? Can you live with getting there a few days late if the plane has issues?
Ugh, I know!

I mean, yes staying the extra days shouldn't be a problem. A few days late would suck as I'd be planning around the MLB schedule.

I won't book this far out, but I mean... $800 vs $3,200.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 09:44 PM   #1416
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1718101574235439313
Old 10-30-2023, 10:27 AM   #1417
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post

Lynx to and from Vegas is a breeze and I haven't seen any cancelled or delayed flights on that route at all. Last week we actually arrived half an hour early coming back.

The only issue I've had was when I booked way ahead of time and they decided to move their Saturday flights to Fridays for the winter, so I had to add another day. Sucked but I think I was the only one booked on the flight at the time because I bought so early.

They police the Personal Item exemption very closely, so if you are carrying on something larger than a grocery bag, pay for it online as the prices goes from $30 to $80 at the gate.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2023, 10:36 AM   #1418
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only time I have had a Flair or Lynx flight actually cancelled was last year during the Vancouver snowpocalypse when literally everyone was cancelling flights. I have had a lot of delays with both airlines, but usually less than an hour. The risk you run is that if something goes wrong (e.g. one time I had my flight changed to a time I could not get to the airport for), getting ahold of their customer service to fix the issue is a huge PITA.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2023, 10:42 AM   #1419
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The risk you run is that if something goes wrong (e.g. one time I had my flight changed to a time I could not get to the airport for), getting ahold of their customer service to fix the issue is a huge PITA.
Yep this is pretty much my only fear especially as December weather could be crap. I appreciate everyone's feedback and it's making me think it's worth booking, especially with WestJet charging an absurd 900 for the direct early morning flight.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 11:22 AM   #1420
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

We flew the Lynx Vegas flight earlier this month for the opening weekend of U2 at the Sphere (stunning by the way) and had some relatively minor issues all things considered. Our flight home was moved from the morning flight to the evening flight but they let us know about that a week or so in advance. At the airport, a sudden thunderstorm meant a 2 hour delay taxiing on the runaway as the backlog of flights cleared out (not their fault at all obviously) but then we had another 20 minute delay at the gate in Calgary as there was nobody there to operate the bridge. Chatting briefly to an airport employee when we got inside, he said they have a habit of bad communication with the airport and didn't let them know of the actual arrival time.

Again, nothing major really, just my recent experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:

Tags
las vegas , sin city , vegas