Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2024, 05:53 PM   #141
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
It's pretty funny that the people that are so insecure about themselves that they can't handle somebody else generating positive attention, or creating something that people find fun, had to come into a thread created specifically to thank the people that share inside information just to crap all over it again too.

It's one thing to post stuff in the Trade Rumours thread because I can kind of see being annoyed by taking over those threads if you don't like it (even if I still think even that is stupid)...but to come into this thread really just proves that they are insecure trolls.
This is a pretty western/first world thing in general. What's valued in society here (generally speaking)? Standing out, acheivement, social proof/standing, etc..

Someone generates positive attention for whatever reason and there are always rats coming out of the sewer to tear down and demean it. Even the most positive, people serving individuals will get their share of hate comments on a video (mind blowing in some cases).

It's sad but there are a lot of people that didn't get enough pats out there who will default to that kind of response instead of just accepting it for what it is.. which is the healthy response.

Really, what these posters are contributing is totally inconsequential and hurts no one. There is no reason to be combative.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 06:29 PM   #142
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec214 View Post
Markstom for a bag of socks...or pucks
Old 03-01-2024, 06:42 PM   #143
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

People also act like all sec posts is gifs, while ignoring that he also makes plenty of informative written posts as well. I agree with Bingo, if you don't like it, move on. There's plenty of posts on CP that I find dumb, so when I see them I move on to the next thread. No need to make it about yourself and how much it affects you, that's childish.

As well, just because a trade hasn't actually happened yet, doesn't make these guys wrong. It's pretty clear from other industry sources that the conversations sec claims have happened, did indeed happen. And sec said it first. Hell, it's not like paid insiders are never wrong either.

But the big thing for me, at the end of the day, who cares. No need to be a negative nelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I don't know why I'm wading into this, but here goes. I've had some definitive inside info on things in the past. I debated posting it here and didn't (plenty of reasons why not), but let's just say it was about a big deal and my "source" is someone who you would all recognize if I posted their name.

Thing is, the deal fell through. There are a million moving parts, even in the super straight forward trades and free agent signings. You could be talking to Conroy himself and think something is a sure-thing and then something happens to scuttle it. Remember when Iginla was definitely going to Boston?

I don't really understand why people would pile on guys posting what they know here.
Yup. I think I said it recently as well, but I used to have friends on the team and would share a few tidbits from the locker room on here, and just got jumped on for it. So I stopped.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 07:05 PM   #144
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Markstom for a bag of socks...or pucks
Not trade related. More a GIF speaking to members of CP. It’s an image, up to interpretation. Some will get it.

Sincerely,

SEClund, Secvalli, Secdreger, Sec👀
Old 03-01-2024, 07:08 PM   #145
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bob SecKenzie.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:09 PM   #146
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Not trade related. More a GIF speaking to members of CP. It’s an image, up to interpretation. Some will get it.

Sincerely,

SEClund, Secvalli, Secdreger, Sec👀
Hey Sec! We are all dying for an update!??
Pickle Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:11 PM   #147
Sec214
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Juice View Post
Hey Sec! We are all dying for an update!??
I typically keep my rumour to the rumours thread. It keeps the parents happy.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:15 PM   #148
Pickle Juice
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I typically keep my rumour to the rumours thread. It keeps the parents happy.
lol alright then! I’ll be waiting over there!
Pickle Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 07:15 PM   #149
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The history of CP shows those who post insider info least frequently (ie one or two posts a year) have the best track record.

But that’s missing the point. Whether the info CP’s self-professed insiders share is accurate or not doesn’t matter. What matters is that it’s fun to behave as though it is true. Especially if it’s in the form of cryptic GIFs. Because that #### is hilarious.
Throw enough sh!!!t against the wall, and post enough times, eventually something will stick.

Or do it super seldomly, if ever, and have some dork mod, Karen his way into the midst of it.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=125687
cam_wmh is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2024, 07:17 PM   #150
All In Good Time
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Bob SecKenzie.
This one is respectful
All In Good Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 08:04 PM   #151
LowellK21
Draft Pick

Some of you take this #### way too seriously...

Personally I think it's fun to get a "peak" behind the curtain with some of the info that gets posted. Who gives a crap if it doesn't come to fruition. Have fun with it. And chill the eff out. Sheesh.
LowellK21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LowellK21 For This Useful Post: