Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-15-2019, 01:56 PM   #2761
TheIronMaiden
First Line Centre

Exp:

Am I the only one who finds these pictures creepy? Like what purpose do creep shots like that serve other than to prove that the person behind the camera has no respect for people's privacy.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:01 PM   #2762
rage2
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Am I the only one who finds these pictures creepy? Like what purpose do creep shots like that serve other than to prove that the person behind the camera has no respect for people's privacy.
To show that they were there?

To be fair, those weren't my shots. My phone takes way better pictures than that. I refused to take pictures not because of privacy, but because F the Oilers.
rage2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rage2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 02:05 PM   #2763
Firebot
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
I wonder what time the incident happened. They started pretty early, came in around 6pm that night to Bridgette Bar where we were eating and were going pretty hard on beer and wine during their whole time there. McDavid mixed it up quite a bit, different drink every order. They sat 2 tables beside us so yea, pretty much saw every drink going to their table.

So they were bar hopping all day? Sightings at the Bridgette Bar and the Cactus Club the same day, and who knows what else?

A bender prior to the season ender and some mysterious injury that the Oilers are silent about. Oilers gotta Oilers.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #2764
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know how I feel. I really like that place, but now I know so do the Oilers. At least I have never sat at that table.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:06 PM   #2765
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is it normal to be paid that much money and to go get plastered the night before work? Do most teams do this?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #2766
kukkudo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Oil fans are waiting for Cooper or Babcock haha good luck.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 03:17 PM   #2767
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Is it normal to be paid that much money and to go get plastered the night before work? Do most teams do this?

Don’t know about most teams, but I don’t think it is that unusual

Quote:
"If You Can't Play Hockey Hungover, You Probably Shouldn't Be In The League" - Ryan Reaves
https://sports.yahoo.com/nhl-pro-apo...205139986.html
Old 04-15-2019, 03:25 PM   #2768
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, it happens a lot. I know last year year when we beat the Ducks here, they were out at Barcelona the night before the game getting in one. Funny they left their phones in their hotel room so they "appeared" in their hotel if someone used the finder apps (guessing wives as I can't imagine the team baby sitting like that).
Old 04-15-2019, 07:22 PM   #2769
trublmaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post

my feelings for paparazzi in general
trublmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:34 PM   #2770
Groot
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I know for certain that McDavid, Lucic and co spent a significant amount of time and money at National on 10th that night as well. A close friend of mine works in a more senior position there and was telling me about it the next day. He said he would be surprised to see any of them skate Saturday night with how much they drank. McDavid was falling asleep/passing out on the bar and Lucic was trying to fight people in the crowd. Management had to have them leave eventually, in a cordial manner. He also said that he would never take photos of opposing teams players as many opposing teams call and make arrangements to visit National 10th (the bourbon room is popular with visiting teams) and he wouldn't want to tarnish his or the establishments reputation.
Groot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #2771
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groot View Post
I know for certain that McDavid, Lucic and co spent a significant amount of time and money at National on 10th that night as well. A close friend of mine works in a more senior position there and was telling me about it the next day. He said he would be surprised to see any of them skate Saturday night with how much they drank. McDavid was falling asleep/passing out on the bar and Lucic was trying to fight people in the crowd. Management had to have them leave eventually, in a cordial manner. He also said that he would never take photos of opposing teams players as many opposing teams call and make arrangements to visit National 10th (the bourbon room is popular with visiting teams) and he wouldn't want to tarnish his or the establishments reputation.
You just did. No team will want to use it now unless they do a full industrial chemical clean to remove the Oiler stench.
topfiverecords is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2019, 08:02 PM   #2772
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
You just did. No team will want to use it now unless they do a full industrial chemical clean to remove the Oiler stench.
I guess now we know why they are doing major renos in that building.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:53 AM   #2773
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

This could provide at least a small break from misery.

Why are the Flames Ahead of the Oilers?

Quote:
Simple question: What the hell happened? How did Calgary right its ship so effectively, creating a deep, balanced and entertaining powerhouse, while the Oilers, who were given a massive head start with four draft-lottery wins in six years, are still wandering the desert?
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2019, 10:54 AM   #2774
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

Pretty well no comments whatsoever. It's like Oilers fans saw the title and clicked "next" or the article was shuffled down the list quickly in hopes the OBC didn't notice. This quote is funny because I recall getting texts ridiculing the Flames for the Jankowski pick while they were celebrating Yakupov at 1st overall;

Quote:
The Flames took Jankowski (he scored 14 and 17 goals the past two seasons) at 21 that year and still made out better than Edmonton did at first overall.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #2775
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Pretty well no comments whatsoever. It's like Oilers fans saw the title and clicked "next" or the article was shuffled down the list quickly in hopes the OBC didn't notice. This quote is funny because I recall getting texts ridiculing the Flames for the Jankowski pick while they were celebrating Yakupov at 1st overall;

Well 2 quotes:

Dman Davison - Let's make this quick and simple, the flames have not won a chamionship since 89. They will be judged basing on making the finals. That have not done that in years, so if just getting into the playoffs puts you massively ahead of the oilers that you don't know what championship building truly is. Some building gets you into the playoff, some building takes you to the finals. We are not sure yet how good Calgary mgmt really is until there is a trip to the finals. Oilers did good a couple years ago but not great, therefore, failure.

Jeremy Clayton - We have better players.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:20 PM   #2776
Mean Mr. Mustard
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post

I think that the easy answer is Giordano, the impact of a veteran leader on the blue line can't be understated. This has allowed for the young defenders to grow in a more sheltered environment, not like the Oilers constantly throwing the next young player onto the blue line hoping for a miracle.

Plus as the article says, their drafting sucks, their development program is non-existent, their trading is awful, their signings never pan out, and they change management every 2 years starting over at square one.
Mean Mr. Mustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:21 PM   #2777
Captaincanada80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

If by players he means McDavid & Draisaitl, he’s not wrong. If he means all the others, he’s off by 18 players
Old 04-16-2019, 02:28 PM   #2778
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Well 2 quotes:

Dman Davison - Let's make this quick and simple, the flames have not won a chamionship since 89. They will be judged basing on making the finals. That have not done that in years, so if just getting into the playoffs puts you massively ahead of the oilers that you don't know what championship building truly is. Some building gets you into the playoff, some building takes you to the finals. We are not sure yet how good Calgary mgmt really is until there is a trip to the finals. Oilers did good a couple years ago but not great, therefore, failure.

Umm the first point is kind of dumb and sounds like another Oilhead living in the past.

The second point, is silly outside of Draisaitl and McWeiner, they are far behind the Flames, and the biggest indicator is how many Flames have graduated from their farm team. Meanwhile Edmonton has a bunch of veterans and never will be NHL'er on their farm team.

Add on that the Oilers are probably looking at another lengthy rebuild.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:45 PM   #2779
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr. Mustard View Post
I think that the easy answer is Giordano, the impact of a veteran leader on the blue line can't be understated. This has allowed for the young defenders to grow in a more sheltered environment, not like the Oilers constantly throwing the next young player onto the blue line hoping for a miracle.

Plus as the article says, their drafting sucks, their development program is non-existent, their trading is awful, their signings never pan out, and they change management every 2 years starting over at square one.
Agreed on Gio and that leaks back to the impact of Iginla IMO. The Oilers just haven't had a player of that ilk since Pronger flipped them the bird.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:46 PM   #2780
schteve_d
First Line Centre

Exp:

I know we're all a little disappointed right now, but this thread never belongs on the second page.

E=NG.
schteve_d is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schteve_d For This Useful Post: