Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-20-2020, 03:12 PM   #721
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like the Off-Topic Forum, I just loathe the American Politics thread.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #722
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Dont we get a vote?
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #723
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubc80 View Post
Ha! This exact thing happened to me late last week.
I appealed mine and also got mine revoked.

I didn't keep my receipt either but when you dispute it, you can attach a file, so I sent them a screen shot of my Mastercard statement with the charge showing up.

They actually responded with the results of their investigation and it turns out I made a typo on my license plate when I typed it in.

You must be me cause that's the exact thing I did, as well as the reason for the ticket
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:15 PM   #724
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
Dont we get a vote?
Nope, this is Medieval Anarchy not Athenian Democracy.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:29 PM   #725
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Getting high as fuuuu.

Haven't had edibles in a long year
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 09:36 PM   #726
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

In 2003 I got my last real haircut from a stylist. We were friends and she cut my hair in her house. But her husband didn't like me so it all ended one afternoon with half my hair still uncut. I never saw her again until she looked me up on fb last week. This weekend I will be back among the professionally coiffed. I look forward to not having to answer the question What happened to your hair? ever again.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 06:52 AM   #727
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
In 2003 I got my last real haircut from a stylist. We were friends and she cut my hair in her house. But her husband didn't like me so it all ended one afternoon with half my hair still uncut. I never saw her again until she looked me up on fb last week. This weekend I will be back among the professionally coiffed. I look forward to not having to answer the question What happened to your hair? ever again.
Were you going to First Choice Haircutters or something for the last 17 years? There are probably a lot of stylists in the city as good as your friend. I will say some of the worst haircuts I ever received were amongst the most expensive so now I just go to Fivestar Barbershop as the money is fair and the guys do a decent enough job.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:14 AM   #728
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Were you going to First Choice Haircutters or something for the last 17 years? There are probably a lot of stylists in the city as good as your friend. I will say some of the worst haircuts I ever received were amongst the most expensive so now I just go to Fivestar Barbershop as the money is fair and the guys do a decent enough job.

Nah I've just been cutting it myself. I'm one of those oddballs that can't deal with change very well.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 05:50 PM   #729
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Powder, Otaru, Ramen & Japanese drivers make me happy.
Yewwwww
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 09:13 AM   #730
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

I love the unbridled meanness kids can get away with that I'm too old for. Like, they'll look right at their sister and say "I hate you" and the sister will say "You're an idiot and I hate you more." Stuff like that just makes me laugh. Imagine if you could say whatever TF you wanted at anytime. It'd be liberating.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:21 AM   #731
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I love the unbridled meanness kids can get away with that I'm too old for. Like, they'll look right at their sister and say "I hate you" and the sister will say "You're an idiot and I hate you more." Stuff like that just makes me laugh. Imagine if you could say whatever TF you wanted at anytime. It'd be liberating.

Old 02-11-2020, 09:40 AM   #732
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Rage Against The Machine coming to Calgary

I hope there is GA/floor TICKETS. My late 30's dad bod could use a good mosh pitting. Its been many many years.

CANT WAIT.

Note: Videos below probably have swear words.

Last edited by dubc80; 02-11-2020 at 09:45 AM.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 09:50 AM   #733
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Once you are into your retirement years it seems you can get away with saying pretty much anything. This is my experience with my grandparents and now parents. Their filter is gone for all intents and purposes.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #734
bigtmac19
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
Once you are into your retirement years it seems you can get away with saying pretty much anything. This is my experience with my grandparents and now parents. Their filter is gone for all intents and purposes.
Well what do you know - one thing to look forward to about being old, you can say anything you want. I can't wait.
bigtmac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 11:57 AM   #735
GrrlGoalie33
First Line Centre

Exp:

My ringette team makes me happy.

For the first time since my brain tumour was removed in August of 2013 (where I suffered a stroke on the table and lost all peripheral vision on one side) I'm back on the ice playing ringette!

My team, who I've never played for before are so amazing and supportive of me. They understand about my post-surgery physical and visual deficits and cheer loudly for me after every save and reassure me after every goal!

In addition to that, before they knew what a holey goalie I'd be, the entire team absorbed my ice fees into their own.

I could not have found a more amazing group of women to start back on the ice with!
GrrlGoalie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:08 PM   #736
Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

My fifteen month old son. I used to roll my eyes at all of the platitudes and cliches about how having a child changes your life. But it is truly a revelation. I've had to relearn everything I thought I knew about life and love. And it really makes me happy.
Old 02-18-2020, 07:36 PM   #737
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I used to read on CP about people who loved their jobs and think they were delusional or liars. Or blinded by money.

Well, I love my job. Not win the lottery and keep working full time love but love nonetheless.

I had zero career aspirations until now. Hard not to feel like I wasted 10-15 good working years. Better late than never I guess.

I hated my old career so much that I impulsively quit and then took 7 months off to think about it and do some research. I can’t believe it worked out so well.

Still no luck on the thermostat though. It’s hot as hell all day long.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2020, 08:50 PM   #738
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I used to read on CP about people who loved their jobs and think they were delusional or liars. Or blinded by money.

Well, I love my job. Not win the lottery and keep working full time love but love nonetheless.

I had zero career aspirations until now. Hard not to feel like I wasted 10-15 good working years. Better late than never I guess.

I hated my old career so much that I impulsively quit and then took 7 months off to think about it and do some research. I can’t believe it worked out so well.

Still no luck on the thermostat though. It’s hot as hell all day long.
This post rules. I'm in a similar position now. Grinded through a bunch of pretty good but not super exciting rules and just recently landed my dream job. It is a joy to go to work now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peter12 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 10:03 AM   #739
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
My fifteen month old son. I used to roll my eyes at all of the platitudes and cliches about how having a child changes your life. But it is truly a revelation. I've had to relearn everything I thought I knew about life and love. And it really makes me happy.
Just wait until he is fifteen years old, and thinks you are the most clueless person on the planet.

They come back around though in their 20s.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2020, 10:18 AM   #740
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Just wait until he is fifteen years old, and thinks you are the most clueless person on the planet.

They come back around though in their 20s.
Yeah my oldest boy is 13 and I am finding out the hard way that the challenge of parenting ramps up considerably when they hit their teens.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote