Old 05-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #201
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Apparently Thor's fat suit is considered 'fat shaming' by some:

https://www.cbr.com/trouble-avengers-endgame-fat-suit/
As a fat guy, I am ashamed of this article.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wastedyouth For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2019, 03:58 AM   #202
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa226 View Post
I read somewhere that the primary reason they filmed Infinity War and Endgame back to back was for financial reasons.

The cost to cast that many stars in a film and pay them to show up twice, I guess is quite astronomical.

On a film like this that is a license to print money, I find that interesting.
Probably had just as much to do with logistics. Getting everyone together was likely a scheduling nightmare. Half of Hollywood probably had to wait while this thing was finished shooting before they could get on with other movies.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 10:00 AM   #203
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Haha, so about Captain America's ending. Even the people involved in the movie are disagreeing about what Cap did.

Apparently the directors and writers are not on the same page.

https://nerdist.com/article/avengers...-agree-ending/

Director says that old Steve Rogers is from another reality and he jumped back to the prime reality somehow.
Quote:
“The time travel in this movie created an alternate reality. He lived a completely different life in that world. We don’t know how exactly his life turned out, but I’d like to believe he still helped many others when they were needed in that world.”
Quote:
“Yes, there were two Captain Americas in that reality. It’s just like what Hulk said, what happened in the past has already happened. If you go back to past, you simply created a new reality. The characters in this movie created a new timeline when they went back to the past, but it had no effect to the prime universe. What happened in the past 22 movies was still canon.”
Quote:
For example, the old Cap at the end movie, he lived his married life in a different universe from the main one. He had to make another jump back to the main universe at the end to give the shield to Sam.
One of the writers say that Steve Rogers went back in time and lived out his life in the same universe
Quote:
“That is our theory. We are not experts on time travel, but the Ancient One specifically states that when you take an Infinity Stone out of a timeline it creates a new timeline. So Steve going back and just being there would not create a new timeline. So I reject the ‘Steve is in an alternate reality’ theory.

I do believe that there is simply a period in world history from about ’48 to now where there are two Steve Rogers. And anyway, for a large chunk of that one of them is frozen in ice. So it’s not like they’d be running into each other.”
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:46 AM   #204
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last one makes no sense. The other ones sort of do, except that if he traveled back into the prime universe, where's his time travel suit etc?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 02:55 PM   #205
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The spoiler ban ends on Monday. I don't remember seeing something like this before.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1123968719607218179

https://www.polygon.com/2019/5/2/185...poiltheendgame
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:02 PM   #206
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Saw it for a second time yesterday. Everything held up really well. I had less minor issues with the third act since clearly I didn't catch a couple things the first time around.

What I did notice was how much the first half sags at times. They relied on humor and callbacks to keep the audience engaged but could've used some action sequences that were not just abbreviated to help things early on. Because When the jokes aren't as funny the second time, there isn't a lot of interesting stuff happening beyond that to keep it afloat until later.

The ending still hit in the feels, was well executed. It was good enough to squeeze two theater viewings from me but I don't think i could do a third. Infinity war and endgame showcase some of the best of what the franchise has to offer, but within its own limitations.

Would like to see Marvel break some boundaries in its next phase.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 05:22 PM   #207
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

They could easily squeeze some more dollars out of people if they did more double features of Infinity War and Endgame. I wouldn't go back just for Endgame but I think I would to see them back-to-back.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #208
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
They could easily squeeze some more dollars out of people if they did more double features of Infinity War and Endgame. I wouldn't go back just for Endgame but I think I would to see them back-to-back.
No intermission?
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:24 AM   #209
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I finally saw it today and I don't know what to think. I'm not sure I loved it as much as everybody who was saying that it was perfect. It wasnt to me. Maybe because my nephew spoiled Tony Starks fate by saying the opposite of what happened. He's a terrible liar and I can see through his every word.
Maybe it's because my coworker spoiled Steve Rogers fate, to an extent, by saying "Steve Rogers gets the ending he deserves."

I wasn't surprised and I felt it was because I knew what was going to happen. I was disappointed.

It was also sad that those two characters are pretty much done. You knew the end was coming but then it's here and it sucks. Maybe that's why I didn't like it because I didn't want to be ready for what could have been expected. I mean they're super heroes, and super heroes survive everything, right?

I don't know. I need more time to figure this out.

One thing I'm couldn't figure out is how past Nebula could call upon and display memories from her future/our current. Did I miss an explanation?

I really hated fat Thor.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 05:50 AM   #210
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always think it's better to go out on a high note.

Evans and Downey likely wouldn't have had that many good performances in them. At some point everyone gets tired of doing the same role.

I'm a little weirded out by Black Widow dying, as she's booked to have a solo movie out next year. Either they have to bring her back after declaring her very decisively gone, or they're going to do a prequel set in a time before her death, which feels a bit weird.

Of course Black Widow NOT having a solo movie was always kind of a black mark on Marvel, and it really should have happened years earlier. So I guess this is a case of "better way too late than never".
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 08:55 AM   #211
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

I assume a Black Widow movie would be a Cold War origin story, and may not even involve ScarJo.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 09:13 AM   #212
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nebula crossing with her past self was shortly explained as the two "sharing the same network".

I think it makes sense enough. She is connected to what would be some sort of galactic internet and each Nebula would have the same IP address.

A Black Widow movie should definitely be a prequel. Her life before the Avengers has always been a mystery and should have a lot of room for stories. There's hints that she knew the Winter Soldier, so that could be a thing too.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:48 AM   #213
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
I assume a Black Widow movie would be a Cold War origin story, and may not even involve ScarJo.
I think they'll retcon Black Widow into relatively current espionage. There's plenty of 2000-2020 international tension to pull on. Putting her into the Cold War wouldn't make any sense.
Old 05-05-2019, 10:00 AM   #214
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Maybe we’ll finally learn what they did in Budapest?
Inglewood Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 10:04 AM   #215
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I think they'll retcon Black Widow into relatively current espionage. There's plenty of 2000-2020 international tension to pull on. Putting her into the Cold War wouldn't make any sense.
Wouldn't she have not been born for the most of the cold war?
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 10:12 AM   #216
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Wouldn't she have not been born for the most of the cold war?
Right. Probably trained in a Cold War era facility in the late 80's/early 90's, but I assume most of her missions would surround more Bush-era conflict. And it's not like there hasn't been Russian/USA espionage since the Cold War.

It'd be neat to see a story involving her and The Winter Soldier working together against Hawkeye and Shield before Hawkeye turns her. Maybe after the WS leaves her for dead or something.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #217
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Maybe we’ll finally learn what they did in Budapest?
I hope they keep Budapest as vague as The Noodle Incident.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 02:48 PM   #218
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I finally saw it today and I don't know what to think. I'm not sure I loved it as much as everybody who was saying that it was perfect. It wasnt to me. Maybe because my nephew spoiled Tony Starks fate by saying the opposite of what happened. He's a terrible liar and I can see through his every word.
Maybe it's because my coworker spoiled Steve Rogers fate, to an extent, by saying "Steve Rogers gets the ending he deserves."

I wasn't surprised and I felt it was because I knew what was going to happen. I was disappointed.

It was also sad that those two characters are pretty much done. You knew the end was coming but then it's here and it sucks. Maybe that's why I didn't like it because I didn't want to be ready for what could have been expected. I mean they're super heroes, and super heroes survive everything, right?
I went into Endgame expecting that Tony and/or Steve would die, they've both run their course in the MCU and there wasn't much else to do with their characters. But they way they executed the endings for both was completely unexpected. The 5 year jump was a total surprise, and giving Tony a family gave him and his final sacrifice so much more depth. And letting Steve finally realize the dream he's been chasing for the last decade was way more satisfying than simply having him die

The characters will live on though. We already know who the next Captain America will be, and I'd put money on Tony's daughter becomming the next tech genius in the MCU. I think we're at the point now where the movies don't just follow the comics, we're probably going to see more original stories and characters emerge in the MCU with comics following
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2019, 02:54 PM   #219
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Much more likely you see Shurri and/or Peter Parker as the tech heads of the MCU.
Old 05-05-2019, 07:08 PM   #220
spuzzum
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Saw End Game this weekend with the kiddos. Thought it was good. Movies and the overall experience just keep getting better & better. Amazing technical experience. Good humor and the plot going back in the past worked well.

The climax had a letdown being 99% certain Thanos was toast before the movie started. Cool seeing all the superheroes spawn from nothingness, but would have interesting had a few more main characters bite the dust.

No film should ever be longer than 3 hours.
spuzzum is offline   Reply With Quote