Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-08-2019, 05:56 PM   #1401
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would say you need at least 15mg to feel much of anything, even as a 1st timer.

You might feel something with the lower doses, but nothing that would really give you the experience of being "stoned."

The lower doses tend to be used to activate a higher CBD dose.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:44 PM   #1402
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I would say you need at least 15mg to feel much of anything, even as a 1st timer.

You might feel something with the lower doses, but nothing that would really give you the experience of being "stoned."

5mg gets me stoned. I think everyone has different tolerance.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2019, 08:25 PM   #1403
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post

I know this isn't true for everyone and if you're a first timer reading this, 15mg can - without a shred of doubt - really mess you up. It won't hurt you or anything, of course, but it could be a 3-4 hour anxiety bomb. That's something you could chalk up as an 'oops' if you are somewhat experienced, but I hate the thought of someone experiencing that their first time. BTW, you are actually more likely to have fun than a bad time, but I just don't see why you wouldn't wade into experimentation slowly.

I agree with you that you won't have the stoned feeling with a small dose. Maybe your advice is better, though. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. If you are looking to get stoned, my microdose recommendation won't get you there. Mine is more for cautiously experimenting with oil/capsules without much concern at all of having a bad time. Your approach will get you high, guaranteed.

Maybe I should have articulated that better before encouraging all you guys to get microdose capsules haha. Sorry!
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 09:12 PM   #1404
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah I have no problem going slowly to see how it effects me. If it does come to the point that I decide I get 10mg capsules instead then so be it but at least I'll know without having a bad time.

I can drink a lot before feeling drunk, doesn't mean I'm going to convince someone that's never drank to have as many as I do
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:46 AM   #1405
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd just caution against not feeling high after the first time. The phenomenon happens relatively frequently.

I tried 10+ mg the first time, absolutely nothing. Of course I thought "I better try 20 mg the next time"...Which lead to an 'oh ####, I need to get out of here and under the covers' feeling.

But yeah, I think my sweet spot is 12.5 mg of a Lemon Skunk mixed with a 2.5 mg of a hybrid or high CBD oil one for a total of about 15 mg THC and 5 mg CBD.

Last edited by Oling_Roachinen; 04-09-2019 at 08:49 AM.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #1406
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Alberta’s 106, 378 medical cannabis patients dropped roughly $256 million throughout 2018, according to the report. That’s even more than Ontario, where 172,406 patients spent $241 million on medical cannabis.

But Alberta also had the highest recreational sales, with about $33 million spent on cannabis from the Oct. 17 legalization date until the end of December. That also edges out Ontario, which has more than three times Alberta’s population but spent about $29 million on recreational weed.
https://www.thestar.com/edmonton/201...rcentlegalweed
Old 04-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #1407
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I assume Ontario's low recreational numbers are due to people buying it illegally due the the government being unable to get a store open.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 12:33 PM   #1408
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I assume Ontario's low recreational numbers are due to people buying it illegally due the the government being unable to get a store open.
Yeah there is no question they bungled that badly.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:46 PM   #1409
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, ####.

Based on the recommendations in this thread I ordered the 2.5 mg Lemon Skunk capsules. I swear I selected the correct one, but they shipped me the 10 mg bottle. Looking online I don't even see the option for 2.5 mg anymore. I suspect they pulled a switch-a-roo because they went out of stock, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Since I'm such a lightweight there is no way I'll consume these. $70 down the drain. Literally.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 PM   #1410
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Well, ####.

Based on the recommendations in this thread I ordered the 2.5 mg Lemon Skunk capsules. I swear I selected the correct one, but they shipped me the 10 mg bottle. Looking online I don't even see the option for 2.5 mg anymore. I suspect they pulled a switch-a-roo because they went out of stock, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Since I'm such a lightweight there is no way I'll consume these. $70 down the drain. Literally.
The 2.5mg capsules are different than the ones on the AGLC website. (AGLC has both 2.5 ML and 10ML containers, but those both contain the 10mg caps and not the 2.5mg ones that people are discussing and are available in store, not online right now). Confusing indeed

I'm sure if the pack is new someone here will be interested in helping you recover the majority of the cost.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #1411
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducay View Post
The 2.5mg capsules are different than the ones on the AGLC website. (AGLC has both 2.5 ML and 10ML containers, but those both contain the 10mg caps and not the 2.5mg ones that people are discussing and are available in store, not online right now). Confusing indeed

I'm sure if the pack is new someone here will be interested in helping you recover the majority of the cost.
Yeah I probably flubbed it. After thinking a bit, I could probably use them to make some brownies or something.

Anyone have suggestions regarding recipes and strength?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Old 04-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #1412
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah I probably flubbed it. After thinking a bit, I could probably use them to make some brownies or something.

Anyone have suggestions regarding recipes and strength?
You could suck it up and get paranoid baked a couple times until you develop a tolerance.

Just expect to have the skeletons in your closet that your ego blocks from your everyday mind confront you all at once while you look out your window every five minutes waiting for the FBI to break down your door even though you live in Canada and weed is now legal *deep breathe*.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 11:27 PM   #1413
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, ####.

I sided with bold and went all in tonight on a quiet, safe evening.

It's just, well...just delightful.

-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2019, 09:03 AM   #1414
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Not sure what to make of this, but i suspect this was not expected with legalization.

Quote:
Hospital visits related to cannabis use have increased by 25 per cent in Calgary since recreational use of the substance was legalized, say physicians.

A greater willingness to consume cannabis following the end of prohibition last October could be a reason for the jump in numbers, said Dr. Eddy Lang, a senior researcher with Alberta Health Services who specializes in emergency medicine.

“We’re seeing more hospitalizations due to cannabis and more emergency room visits,” said Lang.

“Now there’s less stigma around using it, more people are trying it and more are seeing side-effects.”
https://calgarysun.com/cannabis/cann...d-2ccdeccad291
Old 05-24-2019, 09:59 AM   #1415
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant99 View Post
Not sure what to make of this, but i suspect this was not expected with legalization.

https://calgarysun.com/cannabis/cann...d-2ccdeccad291
It could also be that more people are willing to seek medical help now that they know that they wont face any legal retribution.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2019, 10:18 AM   #1416
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

That doesn't surprise me. There's bound be to a sizable group who is new to the drug and wary/fearful of the effects, or take too much the first time, and go to the hospital as a reaction to the feeling.

Also, this is a good thing, that people are comfortable seeking medical attention for weed-related issues. It will help everyone become better educated, including the already active smoking community, and the medical community as well.

Last edited by Coach; 05-24-2019 at 10:58 AM.
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coach For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2019, 10:26 AM   #1417
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Yup. There is an entire town off the 401 that just said f it a few years ago and has like 20 stores in a 4 block radius. Including a pot farmers market. They are not ‘legal’.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #1418
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The much bigger headline for that story should be this:

Quote:
Another trend Calgary hospitals have seen since last fall is a dramatic drop in the number of opioid overdose admissions, he said.

“A year ago, every ER was seeing five or six overdoses a day, now it’s down to one or two a week,” said Lang.

It’s possible a heavier use of cannabis has contributed to that drop, something that’s been seen in some U.S. states, he said.

Safer opioid consumption sites, such as the one provided at the Sheldon M. Chumir Health Centre, might also be a factor, as could the growing popularity of crystal meth that’s been seen by some as displacing opioids.
From 35-42 a week to 1-2? That's an insane drop. Good job crystal meth!
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2019, 11:36 AM   #1419
Tron_fdc
In Your MCP

Exp:

Anyone else into hash? I've never really been into it. Always stuck to flower and concentrates. Now that I'm dabbling in the hashish I find I really enjoy it, but it's a PITA to
smoke or light up. Anyone with any advice other than high school hot knives?

Also wondering if anyone knows what the difference between all these brands are. Mercedes, Gold seal, Mazerati, it's all super confusing.
Tron_fdc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tron_fdc For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #1420
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron_fdc View Post
Anyone else into hash? I've never really been into it. Always stuck to flower and concentrates. Now that I'm dabbling in the hashish I find I really enjoy it, but it's a PITA to
smoke or light up. Anyone with any advice other than high school hot knives?

Also wondering if anyone knows what the difference between all these brands are. Mercedes, Gold seal, Mazerati, it's all super confusing.
Is a vaporizer a possibility?

Never really thought about it.