Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #21
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Haha, I typed my question before your ninja edit.

I am curious about all of those, especially Cad bane, he's a badass. Darth Maul as well, especially since you'd have to think it would then be Vader that kills him for good.
I liked Bane but I really like Hondo a lot better just because he was a true pirate and had some of the greatest lines in the series.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #22
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
What I would love to see is they flash to a world with an Imperial shuttle landing and Vader gets out and walks towards a building past a older Ashoka who's eyes open wide in horror and recognition and she starts to cry. Vader senses her and turns to confront her and then turns and walks away as if she means nothing and she's not a threat.
This would be a cool way to see that Ahsoka can still access the force, but doesn't use it. I'd go darker though as I'd have Vader acknowledge that he knows who she is, but kill her anyway. IMO, Vader has been weakened too much in the prequels and The Clone Wars. People need to see how evil he was.

Quote:
I don't know if they'll kill Ezra or Kanan, they're series central. I would think that this rebel group will though see a lot of heart break and probably some death and in the end they realize that their rebellion is causing innocent people to suffer so they break up and go their separate ways with Kanan and Ezra vanishing into the outer rim to hide from the Inquisitor or Vader.
Would be a way to include them in the movies, but really takes away from Luke's story as the only remianing Jedi. I just figured that would be how this series ends, and they can always explore the time period between other movies or even between Episode 6 & 7 in the future. I do like that they aren't going to adhere to the EU though, so it will be new storytelling for all, and they can go whichever way they choose.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:27 PM   #23
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
This would be a cool way to see that Ahsoka can still access the force, but doesn't use it. I'd go darker though as I'd have Vader acknowledge that he knows who she is, but kill her anyway. IMO, Vader has been weakened too much in the prequels and The Clone Wars. People need to see how evil he was.
Maybe, its funny though because I prefer to think of the Vader that they had in the book Revenge of the Sith instead of the movie. Especially the scene where he slaughtered the separatist leadership. Where he was taking extreme joy in killing them. "But we were promised a handsome reward" Vader "Don't you find me handsome" Or "Lord Sideous promised that we would be left in peace" Vader "The communication was garbled, he said you would be left in pieces"

But he still had a capacity for mercy in that book. in the duel with Obi-Wan he extorts him to flee and vanish and go meditate, the galaxy didn't need the jedi anymore"

In the book Dark Lord he even to an extent felt that Obiwan was a victim, he'd been indoctrinated by the Jedi and Vader was trying to bring Obiwan knowledge and Padme protection.

I don't think that he would brutally strike down Ashoka though, she was really the only jedi who in his mind didn't betray him. In fact he probably knew that he had personally failed her and felt loss when he left the jedi temple.

I would think that if Vader did encounter her, he would almost not want to open up the scars of Anakin's old life, just like he won't step foot on Tatooine. On top of that, she was merely a lost Jedi, she had left the order because of its hypocrisy, You would think that he would see her almost as a confirmation that he had ultimately made the right decision.

Plus it would be more powerful even if he basically stared at her, and knew that she knew who he was and brushed her off as if she really meant nothing.

Quote:
Would be a way to include them in the movies, but really takes away from Luke's story as the only remianing Jedi. I just figured that would be how this series ends, and they can always explore the time period between other movies or even between Episode 6 & 7 in the future. I do like that they aren't going to adhere to the EU though, so it will be new storytelling for all, and they can go whichever way they choose.
My assumption is that the Inquisitor is a possible gateway to Vader becoming involved, at some point I believe that he is going to fail to put a pin in this rebel group and Vader is going to show him the price of failing his master and we get something worse chasing them down (Maul as a Assassin would be interesting).

We have yet to see the brutal nature of the Empire. They are more like school yard bullies right now, but as these Rebels have more success you might see things like Storm Trooper's from the 501st, or Imperial Guards or even bounty hunters (No disintegrations Fett) Right now its not much of a clamp down. But at some point the Rebels aren't going to win, we know they can't win.

Having Ezra and Kanaan fleeing for the outer rim to go into hiding would be a logical move to end the series.

Remember at the start of ANH it is still a dark time which gets darker in ESB.

Old 10-28-2014, 05:35 PM   #24
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe, its funny though because I prefer to think of the Vader that they had in the book Revenge of the Sith instead of the movie. Especially the scene where he slaughtered the separatist leadership. Where he was taking extreme joy in killing them. "But we were promised a handsome reward" Vader "Don't you find me handsome" Or "Lord Sideous promised that we would be left in peace" Vader "The communication was garbled, he said you would be left in pieces"

But he still had a capacity for mercy in that book. in the duel with Obi-Wan he extorts him to flee and vanish and go meditate, the galaxy didn't need the jedi anymore"

In the book Dark Lord he even to an extent felt that Obiwan was a victim, he'd been indoctrinated by the Jedi and Vader was trying to bring Obiwan knowledge and Padme protection.

I don't think that he would brutally strike down Ashoka though, she was really the only jedi who in his mind didn't betray him. In fact he probably knew that he had personally failed her and felt loss when he left the jedi temple.

I would think that if Vader did encounter her, he would almost not want to open up the scars of Anakin's old life, just like he won't step foot on Tatooine. On top of that, she was merely a lost Jedi, she had left the order because of its hypocrisy, You would think that he would see her almost as a confirmation that he had ultimately made the right decision.

Plus it would be more powerful even if he basically stared at her, and knew that she knew who he was and brushed her off as if she really meant nothing.

My assumption is that the Inquisitor is a possible gateway to Vader becoming involved, at some point I believe that he is going to fail to put a pin in this rebel group and Vader is going to show him the price of failing his master and we get something worse chasing them down (Maul as a Assassin would be interesting).

We have yet to see the brutal nature of the Empire. They are more like school yard bullies right now, but as these Rebels have more success you might see things like Storm Trooper's from the 501st, or Imperial Guards or even bounty hunters (No disintegrations Fett) Right now its not much of a clamp down. But at some point the Rebels aren't going to win, we know they can't win.

Having Ezra and Kanaan fleeing for the outer rim to go into hiding would be a logical move to end the series.

Remember at the start of ANH it is still a dark time which gets darker in ESB.
I like the way you think, Ahsoka became my favorite character in all of Star Wars, that said I think Vader would never kill her due to his attachment issues.

I am liking Hera too she really is the "glue" for this team, and acts as a balance to kanan's pragmatic behaviour.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 06:47 PM   #25
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I think this series has a lot of charm, Hera is very much the I guess Princess Leia of the group, holding everyone together and being the moral center of the group.

Sabine is like Ashoka who started the clone wars as the young girl looking for adventure and is a bit rebellious but she eventually became a bit hard. I can see Sabine doing that as a Mandalorian.

Zeb and the droid are there for comedy and are a bit disposable at some point.

By the way the darkness is coming in the next episode
Spoiler!

Old 11-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #26
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really dark espisode last night, that I really liked.

We finally got a long look at the inquisitor who was voiced by the very malicious Jason Isaacs.

A very cool duel between the two where Kanan was pretty much outclassed in every way.

We also learned the fate of a very significant character in the Clone Wars.

Spoiler!

Old 11-04-2014, 09:02 AM   #27
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I enjoyed the latest episode.

I'm guessing that the Inquistor isn't a full on Sith, much like Grievous, and Maul, Ventress etc. Otherwise the Rule of Two would be breached would it not?

I love that my son looks forward to every new episode a smuch as I do.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I doubt it, he's a pretty powerful dark side user, but he probably isn't educated in the ways of the Sith.

A third Sith would be a path to power that neither Vader or Palpatine would want.

he's basically a useful tool for the true Sith Lords, and even though the EU spent years pooping all over the rules of two with secret apprentices (Force Unleashed) and Sith Acolytes. I would expect that Palpatine would be a Banite Sith and use the rule of two to continue the lineage knowing that Vader would probably never defeat him.

It is interesting that in the first episode Vader was talking to the apprentice about hunting down force sensitive children to use or to die.

Seems like Palpatine knows that there is an jedi threat.

the other thing that I took out of that episode, I have a feeling that Kanan isn't much of a jedi and he even knows it and the inquisitor knows it, especially when it comes to teaching Ezra. Its likely at some point in this series one of both of them flirt with the darkside.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:58 AM   #29
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Maul thing was an interesting thing and I just saw it in your post.

In the book Plagueis, when Palpatine admits to his master that he had found a force sensitive baby. Palpatine instructed him to instruct him as an assassin not as a Sith. To use him basically as a tool. I think the Darth title was a sop to buy him loyalty.

It was a foolish move by Plagueis because it does in the spirit break the rule of two, it would have been easy for Palpatine and Maul to team up as father and son . . . err master and apprentice and kill Plagueis.

Greievous had no force abilites, Ventress thought she was an apprentice, but she had been lied to all along by Dooku.

Old 11-04-2014, 11:01 AM   #30
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
the other thing that I took out of that episode, I have a feeling that Kanan isn't much of a jedi and he even knows it and the inquisitor knows it, especially when it comes to teaching Ezra. Its likely at some point in this series one of both of them flirt with the darkside.
I got that feeling too, though how did Kanan survive Order 66 then? Luck? Away on Jedi vacation on Dantooine? Hide under a rock until all the fighting was done?

I think that is a logical place to go with almost any Jedi, they need to be tempted at some point to show their true allegiance to the Force.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #31
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
I got that feeling too, though how did Kanan survive Order 66 then? Luck? Away on Jedi vacation on Dantooine? Hide under a rock until all the fighting was done?

I think that is a logical place to go with almost any Jedi, they need to be tempted at some point to show their true allegiance to the Force.
The first book in the new EU was a Star Wars Rebels book and it talked about Kanan's escape.

Basically it was more along the lines of vanishing into the underworld and not using the force. He basically became a drunken partying freighter pilot.

I would assume because they haven't given a time line, that we have a lot of the new Imp technology, AT-ST, Tie Fighters, Imperial Star Destroyers. But I think that this is probably a few years after Order 66, Kanan was a teenager when he escaped as well. Makes me wonder if he is actually a Jedi Knight? Did he pass the trials? Or was he a Padawan.

Some of the Inquisitors line's really point to the thought that Kanan isn't a very strong Jedi. And the whole "Have you taught the boy nothing" line said a lot.

You got the feeling that during the duel the Inquisitor wasn't pushing all that hard.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #32
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

btw I was reading a interview with the DF and he even mentioned that they think that Chopper might be gathering Jar Jar Binks level hatred as a character.

Old 11-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #33
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I liked the latest episode a lot. The inquisitor was very much toying with them. I also am thinking that we have been seeing very skilled Jedi until now, Anakin, Obi Wan, Ahsoka, Mace, Luminara. Kanan strikes me as what would be an an average Jedi.

I also don't think the average Jedi would be or should be very good against Sith or those that use Sith techniques. The point of the darkside is power(IMO), it is easier and faster, and is why it is both tempting and makes the user so dangerous. The catch of course it that the seduction of power has been that the Sith don't even trust each other because of it.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:56 PM   #34
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

One of the great Lucas theories of why the Jedi like Luke was so clumsy was that they were never fully trained. Yoda didn't have years to shape him and train him. Vader was old and broken and conflicted by the time he fought Luke but still beat him handily in ESB.

Right now we only know about a few living force users in the GFFA

Palpatine is hands down the most powerful Force user out there. He was defeated not due to Luke being more powerful, but because he fell into the same trap as the Jedi, he grew arrogant.

Vader - At this point in the series, he's probably at the height of his power and rage. Anakin is deeply buried, he believes that his wife was killed by his hand and his child died with her. I'm pretty sure that if he ran into this band of rebels it would be over in a heart beat.

Yoda - Still powerful, however in the book ROTS when he was fighting Palpatine he realized that he was not as strong as the Sith. He'd trained to fight the ancient Sith, the new Sith were a far different and far more lethal animal. He didn't have it in him to defeat Palpatine, and I doubt that he would beat Vader at the height of his power. He also wasn't destined to win in a straight up fight

Ben Kenobi - one of the last of the Jedi Council. hidden away and aging. He's probably still powerful, but he doesn't have the conviction to kill his best friend and apprentice.

Ashoka - She was pretty much still a padawan. She was a natural fighter, but I don't think she was a top powered force user. I'm betting by this point she hasn't used the force in years.

Kanan - I'm convinced that when order 66 came about he was still a padawan. If you read the book that they just put out, he hates the force and doesn't want to be a jedi.

Ezra - completely untrained.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #35
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Cap, who put out the book? It is considered legit?
Old 11-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #36
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I can't watch these shows. No matter how high the production values or if they get James Earl Jones to come in and voice Darth Vader, the style kills everything for me.

Why do they have to animate it like some cheesy Pixar movie for 3 year olds? When I was growing up, I liked all the cartoons and comics where characters were drawn realistically.

I can't watch something that looks like this and enjoy it. Even the kid in me says it's super lame and super ugly and I can't take it seriously. George Lucas started selling out the minute he decided to sell toys and Ewoks and Jar Jar to kids instead of making great movies and franchises that would inspire them. Instead, Lucasfilm just condescends to both adults and kids to this day.

Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:51 PM   #37
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Cap, who put out the book? It is considered legit?
Its Del Ray, written by John Jackson Miller. Its considered to be the first book in the new EU. Its legit.

They just released Tarkin by James Luceno. He he also among other books wrote Labyrinth of evil and Dark Lord, the rise of Darth Vader too books that I really liked.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #38
Barbecue
Scoring Winger

Exp:

with the attention this kids show is getting from adults... is this the new "bronies"?
Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #39
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I do not know this Bronies

Old 11-17-2014, 11:01 AM   #40
Barbecue
Scoring Winger

Exp:

http://whatisabrony.com/

looks like there's an entire CP thread on Bronies already
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...hlight=bronies
Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote