Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2019, 06:13 PM   #41
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
Fantenberg seems like a waste. Should have just kept Kulak in the AHL for a season and used him as depth, considering he is the better player.

Poor asset management
Fussing over skittles.

Who cares? Easily interchangeable players, and cost little to nothing.

Was pretty good for the Flames all things considered. Not his fault the difference makers were not difference makers.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2019, 06:56 PM   #42
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
I think Treliving said he had one deal line up for a player with a 2nd but the other team wanted a 2019 pick. They didnt have it so lost the trade. I think that may actually have been the Marcus Johansson deal.

Too bad, I think he would have flourished here in Jankos slot. And the COL series would look very different .

Of all the deadline deals the 2 biggest successes are Duchene and Stone. Close 3rd to Zuccharello.
I strongly doubt that Marcus Johansson would have been the difference in that series.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:20 PM   #43
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
Fussing over skittles.

Who cares? Easily interchangeable players, and cost little to nothing.

Was pretty good for the Flames all things considered. Not his fault the difference makers were not difference makers.
Well it’s an Internet forum, in a thread about deadline moves, and it’s related to our deadline move.

Doesn’t seem like very competent management to draft a guy in the fourth, spend resources and time developing him into something, then let the relationship sour over ~100k on a one year deal, then trade him for junk, then realize you need depth at that position, and trade another fourth for a guy who is a most likely a downgrade, while another team gets the player you drafted and developed.

Was the ~100k really worth it? And even if it was that’s Montreal’s savings now anyways.
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 07:32 PM   #44
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last three deadlines Flames have moved out a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and a 7th. So almost an entire draft short of the first rounder.

WHat to show for it? One playoff win and Lazar, Shore, Stone and Fantenberg. Probably only Stone will still be here next year and that's because his contract is an anchor.

Go big or go home? At least do something different I guess because that's rather grim.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Strange Brew For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #45
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Last three deadlines Flames have moved out a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and a 7th. So almost an entire draft short of the first rounder.

WHat to show for it? One playoff win and Lazar, Shore, Stone and Fantenberg. Probably only Stone will still be here next year and that's because his contract is an anchor.

Go big or go home? At least do something different I guess because that's rather grim.
Boy, that's grim.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote