Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #61
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Even with the colossal disappointment that is spring Flames hockey I still enjoy watching the rest of the playoffs. Weirdly enough I like choosing teams I want to see lose and cheer against them the rest of the way. Looking at you Toronto.

I also get excited for the off season and potential moves. Another strange side effect of spring Flames hockey.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:44 AM   #62
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Perennial disappointers like the Sharks, Caps, Preds to an extent, are still competitive during the playoffs and keep it fun year in and year out.

For the Flames, and therefore the fans, it's just suck since 1989 except for one fluke season and in that year they barely squeaked in.

I'm bitter that the flames went out with a whimper after a stellar regular season. I was expecting a few rounds of playoffs. Cup of course was the goal, but at the very least I was expecting some entertaining hockey that went into May. They weren't even competitive in the first round.

This feels different than two teams battling it out and my team lost. It feels like the other team was ready to leave it all on the ice and our team didn't even bother show up. It's an empty feeling. How does that happen where one team just doesn't show up for a game, nevermind a series?

Tough questions need to be asked of the leadership to be honest. The GM should not be afraid to make changes like McPhee did until he got the formula right. Throw sentimentality out the window. You might have a gem in Valimaki and you have a top pair guy in Andersson. Sell high on Gio?
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:48 AM   #63
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

This thread title is driving me crazy, fix that s**t.
Engine09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:21 PM   #64
Steve Bozek
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine09 View Post
This thread title is driving me crazy, fix that s**t.
Agree. And while we're at it, let's get posters to understand the difference between "disinterested" and "uninterested", and to use the terms properly.
Steve Bozek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 01:26 PM   #65
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

When the Flames are in it my interest in other series wavers. I only watch other games on off days. When the Flames are out of it, watching playoffs is entertaining and stress free.

However I haven’t watched hardly any hockey since we were knocked out. Needed a day or two to digest. I’ll definitely watch all the game 7s now and subsequent rounds. My disappointment has subsided and I can enjoy the playoffs again.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #66
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm still in denial. I've kept watching hockey and keep thinking the Flames should be playing tomorrow. Which is silly, I know.

What I have lost interest in is the off season/how to fix the Flames/what to do next year threads. I feel like the fan base was robbed of a deep run.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:28 PM   #67
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
This is kind of funny... OP thanks your post, proceeds to ignore the advice
Story of my life, I'm sitting over here like "I've proven I'm f****** right, why isn't anyone listening to me?!?!?!?"

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: