Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2019, 11:23 AM   #181
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
i think there might be something wrong with Monahan.
If lovin' Monahan is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #182
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:
Default Monahan: "Losing sucks and I'm frustrated with my play"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk12 View Post
Did we ban a couple of long time posters for having different opinions about players that the mob really like? Geez with the censorship...when did the mods become the propaganda police.
It's pretty simple:

1. Two days ago we received six complaints from posters about Love which practically begged for him to be suspended. He has a pretty well-worn MO, and has been warned and suspended for precisely the same behaviour in the past. As a general rule, if a poster is banned it is because of an established pattern of behaviour and subsequent prior warnings or infractions.

2. Canada Matt was suspended for posting a link to another discussion forum which itself has for a long time been discouraged. But beyond this, Canada Matt was instigating posters to read a discussion on another site that was explicitly disparaging to this community, the site owner, and the moderation team. This goes with a frequent recent history of in-thread complaints from him on this site about CP and the moderation team. As with Love, Canada Matt has been incited for previous similar infractions, and been reminded before to make use of the "Report Post" feature to lodge his complaints, or to PM the Mod account directly with questions or concerns.

We don't make it a practice to explain all of our disciplinary decisions, but I thought it important here to remind everyone of a couple of things: First, while "trolling" is not simply defined it is something that we continue to want to discourage. It's a lot more than merely holding a different opinion, and when it starts to interfere with the productivity of discussion it is a problem. It is also fairly complicated to deal with. Second, we have cracked down in the last year on in-thread complaints about the site and how it operates. There is a post-reporting feature. There is a Help & Suggestions Forum. There is a Moderator account that accepts private messages. Members need to make use of these resources if they have problems or concerns, and abstain from littering the Boards with them.

So with that, let's move on from this here and get back on to the topic of Monahan's awesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 03-30-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:07 PM   #183
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Thrilled to see my concerns/observations (outlined in my first post on the first page) pretty much put to rest last night. Monahan played with confidence and purpose. Great to see!
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:21 PM   #184
Psytic
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good work Money keep it going its all about getting hot at the right time.
Psytic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:46 PM   #185
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Monny has made his living off of his knack to be in the right spot, and his shot. It was a relief to see him get back to his basics last night. Too many times recently his release has been slow motion. Hopefully it was all a confidence issue, and last night was the boost he needed.
Also it was great to see him let that one timer go. Has he ever done that? If so, not many times, yet alone using a slapshot at all
Old 03-30-2019, 12:50 PM   #186
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Flames had lost 6-7 last night, I would have been happy as long as Monahan was good.

Instead, the Flames won 6-1, Monahan was great, and so was Smith.
I tend to be pretty pessimistic, but I can hardly think of anything wrong after last night's game.

If they can do it again, that'll be amazing.
1qqaaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #187
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Monahan breaking out last night was precisely what the team needed. Combine that with Smith's play over the last 10 or 12 games, and a lot of concerns can be alleviated, or at least downgraded.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 03:44 PM   #188
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Ouch.

Yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and not read the rest of that thread.
I mean, 15 year old Scorp was a lot. But you've grown up, you care a lot about the team, you know your history and you're one of the best posters on here now. Don't worry too much about what other people think.