Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-26-2019, 01:49 PM   #201
CGY12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
The team is second overall...anyone constantly negetive is either a troll has some major issues.

Constructive "concern" is one thing

The ####ing Sharks have lost six straight, Flames lost one game.

It's the same clowns that were crying and telling us we are getting swept by Vegas in round one and the Sharks were about to run the table.
Or they use this platform a different way than you. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.

Just because I may point out something negative after a loss, or chime in on how I think the team can improve, on CP, vs. running on here after a win doesn't mean I'm not fist pumping after victory.

I'm very happy the Flames are first in the west, but I also recognize the difference between playoff hockey vs. regular season hockey. The Flames lack experience when it comes to playoff hockey vs. all the other top teams in the west (Jets, Preds, Vegas, SJ). So from that perspective, I have some concerns in regards to whether they can go deep, especially with the way some players are preforming in crunch time down the stretch.

Ultimately we all want the same thing for the team, but I disagree with jumping down someone's throat for an opinion they may have regarding a subject. Debate is "constructive" as you like to put it, calling people "clowns" is not. People are emotional about the team, the game, its not a bad thing.
CGY12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CGY12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 02:22 PM   #202
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
The idea that Monahan easily allows guys to box him out, (besides this slump) is bordering on lunacy.

You don't score as many goals as he does, from where he scores them if you're being pushed around and boxed out.
That's the topic. The reason people are talking about it is because his play has been below his usual standards. Its not an indictment of his whole career to date.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 02:29 PM   #203
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would not shock me in the very least if what we are seeing is a team mandated sail at half mast effort.

We have a comfortable lead and only when the Shatks made things a bit interesting did the Flames wake up to get some more distance. Now they have a buffer again and we are seeing the fws in coast mode. Seems like Peter's has two line rolling hard every night while the other two just are there to balance out ice time.

I for one believe they're only pushing when they need to. Which makes sense if you want to go on a deep run.

So the closer we get to locking up home ice, the less effort I suspect we will see until the fully shut players down to rest.
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dammage79 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 02:40 PM   #204
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
Would not shock me in the very least if what we are seeing is a team mandated sail at half mast effort.

We have a comfortable lead and only when the Shatks made things a bit interesting did the Flames wake up to get some more distance. Now they have a buffer again and we are seeing the fws in coast mode. Seems like Peter's has two line rolling hard every night while the other two just are there to balance out ice time.

I for one believe they're only pushing when they need to. Which makes sense if you want to go on a deep run.

So the closer we get to locking up home ice, the less effort I suspect we will see until the fully shut players down to rest.

Some people fail to grasp that it’s a marathon and not a sprint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:47 PM   #205
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
That's the topic. The reason people are talking about it is because his play has been below his usual standards. Its not an indictment of his whole career to date.
Sorry, to be more specific I was referencing this post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
You're describing Monahan at all times aren't you? On a rip or in a slump.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #206
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1110631823539736576

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MissTeeks For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 04:28 PM   #207
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post

I agree. The effort has been there when needed. The team has just played a grueling long season and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Natural to let off the gas when you have a lead and know the second season that starts on April 10th is going to be a war of attrition. I think there are enough people in the organization (Conroy ) and the coaching staff (Gelinas) that can personally speak to what is ahead.

If things are set by Sunday the final stretch in April will be preseason intensity level.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #208
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I don't think anyone has claimed that any of the Flames players are without warts, nor do I think this is the sort of counter opinion that dino7c is targeting. I could be wrong, but I suspect his frustration stems more from this sort of extreme nonsense:
I think you’re right. But maybe instead of making comments that are easily interpreted to be an attack on a multitude of people, the poster should direct their comments at the particular post you are referencing. That’s the whole problem IMO.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #209
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pouty gets to be the King Sh*t of Turd Island for a day. Big accomplishment. Arrogance in his case, is a kingdom without a crown.

Our boys will be fine.
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 08:25 PM   #210
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
I don't think anyone has claimed that any of the Flames players are without warts, nor do I think this is the sort of counter opinion that dino7c is targeting. I could be wrong, but I suspect his frustration stems more from this sort of extreme nonsense:
Yeah I'm talking about Love...saying he wishes he could cheer for other teams lol

this season? that is ridiculous. Guy has been complaining about Mony for years its not just this stretch. He says the exact same thing after every game and its straight up trolling.

CGY12 I get it, you come vent after losses...good for you, hope we don't see much more of you this season...my comments weren't directed at you

Last edited by dino7c; 03-26-2019 at 08:37 PM.
dino7c is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dino7c For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2019, 09:29 PM   #211
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Yeah I'm talking about Love...saying he wishes he could cheer for other teams lol

this season? that is ridiculous. Guy has been complaining about Mony for years its not just this stretch. He says the exact same thing after every game and its straight up trolling.

CGY12 I get it, you come vent after losses...good for you, hope we don't see much more of you this season...my comments weren't directed at you

Reminds me of last season people going on about Monahan but didn't know he was playing with some serious major injuries. I didn't bring this up before but that hit Monahan took before he was out a few games, some thought it was upper body but on the replay to me it looked like he may have jammed his wrist. If that's the case it would explain why he is being sheltered giving him some time to get healthy. Monahan is a warrior, I suspect he is battling some nagging injuries.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 02:58 AM   #212
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
Or they use this platform a different way than you. I don't understand why that's so hard to understand.

Just because I may point out something negative after a loss, or chime in on how I think the team can improve, on CP, vs. running on here after a win doesn't mean I'm not fist pumping after victory.

I'm very happy the Flames are first in the west, but I also recognize the difference between playoff hockey vs. regular season hockey. The Flames lack experience when it comes to playoff hockey vs. all the other top teams in the west (Jets, Preds, Vegas, SJ). So from that perspective, I have some concerns in regards to whether they can go deep, especially with the way some players are preforming in crunch time down the stretch.

Ultimately we all want the same thing for the team, but I disagree with jumping down someone's throat for an opinion they may have regarding a subject. Debate is "constructive" as you like to put it, calling people "clowns" is not. People are emotional about the team, the game, its not a bad thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGY12 View Post
Can we stop questioning people on whether they are a fan of a team if they post something negative?

People care enough about the Flames to take part in a forum and voice their opinion, that tells me they care and are passionate.

Just because they have a negative view of a particular subject regarding the team, doesn't mean they aren't a fan, I think its actually the opposite.

Personally I use the forum to air out my frustration when I see something I don't like. Everybody has different uses for it. It all gets magnified when we are 2 weeks away from the playoffs.

Monahan's play is a legit concern.

Powerful x 2

Last edited by Love; 03-27-2019 at 03:00 AM.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote