Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #7661
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

In case anyone has forgotten, here is a reminder of how awesome Trump is.

Stand up tall. Answer freedom's call. Oh ya. USA!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #7662
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
In 15 minutes South Korea can take a million casualties or more plus you have nuked the civilian population of North Korea and taken the lid off the use of Nuclear weapons in combat.

And all you have done is given the entire area to china.
Oh I'm not saying it's a wise move. But in the event of an attack in the US or it's territories, that's the sad reality. They get one shot at a western target.

Last edited by OMG!WTF!; 08-09-2017 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:32 AM   #7663
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Oh I'm not saying it's a wise move. But in the event of an attack in the US or it's territories, that's the sad reality. They get one shot at a western target.
The concern is it could be an awfully big punch.

I have all kinds of respect for the General that you quoted, and clearly I'm not him. But unless someone has come up with an iron curtain that can destroy hundreds or thousands of mortar, artillery, fin stabilized rockets, ballistic rockets and more at one time, Seouls going to take massive damage.

And his statement that is something like from the time the first round hits Seoul. Artillary doesn't really work like that. The statement should be, from the time the first several hundred rounds hit Seoul.

I mean frankly the best hope for getting rid of Kim is with the Chinese and their willingness to have someone within the North Korean government do their dirty work and decapitate that government while disrupting comms with the field. Then hope a friendly to China power takes over.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #7664
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

Rah Rah, white people yah!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:35 AM   #7665
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
People forget how close we were to a nuclear crisis during the missile crisis. We were one over heated vacuum tube basically away from a nuclear exchange.

While both sides were to an extent rational, ...
Therein lies the problem. Neither side is rational. We have to hope the Generals on the American side have a little more nutsack than their NK counterparts and can pry the football from President Comacho's hands.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:16 AM   #7666
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

When Trump does this kind of crap think to yourself "what am I being distracted from?"

For now it seems like the FBI raid on Manafort. Whilst the concept of hate pounding another country with America's nuclear manhood will sexually excite his base it's not gonna happen. This is basic manipulation and control of the media that he has, for all of his warts, proven to be a master of.

This is nothing. Wait until he gets charged with something and then stuff's really gonna get crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #7667
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Therein lies the problem. Neither side is rational. We have to hope the Generals on the American side have a little more nutsack than their NK counterparts and can pry the football from President Comacho's hands.
If I remember right there is still a voting system for the American's nuclear launch system.

The president can't launch without confirmation from another person that I believe had to have been appointed by Congress.

So for example under the two man rule, Trump would authorize the release of nuclear weapons and his secretary of defense has to verify the code. He can't veto it, but the launch order is suspended if the president's order isn't supported.

As well iirc the vice president in combination with congressional leadership can actually veto a presidential launch order.

So Pressident Comacho (love that term) just can't jam his finger on the firing switch and unleash hell.

I believe James Mattis is still the Secretary of Defense and I don't believe that he would back a nuclear launch order for no good reason.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:28 AM   #7668
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post

lol - Like everyone else, Trump screwed over the Freedom Kids
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politi...ump/index.html

Quote:
The manager of a dancing girl group has made good on his threat to sue Donald Trump and pledges to take the case to trial.

In January, Trump held a rally in Pensacola, Florida, and a group of three girls performed a dance routine of their song "Freedom's Call."
Video of the pro-Trump children was a social media hit. But Jeff Popick, the group's manager and the father of one of the girls, told CNN the Trump campaign did not give him and the girls their due.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 AM   #7669
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
If I remember right there is still a voting system for the American's nuclear launch system.
Voting system may be a bit strong. Here's a pretty concise review of the process.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/g...weapon-launch/

President Comacho has the authority to launch. I guess if they really wanted to #### with him, they could just deny his challenge code response when he uses the biscuit. Beyond that, we're screwed if he decides he wants to take a bird out for spin.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:47 AM   #7670
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pence would be giving Donny a shoulder rub as he was hitting the launch buttons.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:50 AM   #7671
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
icon53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Pence would be giving Donny a shoulder rub as he was hitting the launch buttons.
and whispering in his ear 'yes, god wants you to do it'
The Following User Says Thank You to puffnstuff For This Useful Post:
Old 08-09-2017, 11:54 AM   #7672
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Voting system may be a bit strong. Here's a pretty concise review of the process.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/g...weapon-launch/

President Comacho has the authority to launch. I guess if they really wanted to #### with him, they could just deny his challenge code response when he uses the biscuit. Beyond that, we're screwed if he decides he wants to take a bird out for spin.
So I guess it's not like the movies where missiles launched can't be called back or aborted
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #7673
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Trump and his condo network may ultimately bring him down.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.76b6a4b2b81b

Also remember that NYAG Eric Schneiderman is looking into Trump and his deals. Rumors out of NY have Schneiderman with indictments against Trump and his kin, but waiting for the feds to get their investigations done first. The belief is that if any charges come of those investigations, and Trump uses a pardon to protect anyone, that Schneiderman will use those pardons as support for his charges. Pardons do not extend to state charges, so regardless of what happens federally, Trump and his nest of pit vipers could be looking at jail time and seizure of property by the State.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:58 AM   #7674
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
In 15 minutes South Korea can take a million casualties or more plus you have nuked the civilian population of North Korea and taken the lid off the use of Nuclear weapons in combat.
And that's assuming that China or Russia trust that all the launches they're seeing and are flying overhead aren't intended for them, "No really, trust us", and don't retaliate on their own.

The results are beyond thinkable.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:07 PM   #7675
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

More on Trump's lies about his success in updating the American nuclear arsenal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6ce7f443f251
Old 08-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #7676
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
More on Trump's lies about his success in updating the American nuclear arsenal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.6ce7f443f251
LOL the best line from that article:

Quote:
“It’s absurd; this is like — you have to be the biggest hayseed in America to believe this,”
I give you, the GOP base.

that scary thing is this is really just par for the course....Trump has been exaggerating or flat out lying so much that is has lost any potency with most people.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:31 PM   #7677
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jim Jefferies nails it on North Korea.

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/...e-ecc55416eed1
Old 08-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #7678
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think he bows to pressure pretty easily, at least temporarily, and a room full of generals could talk him down from such a situation. What they can't do is control his tweets. He might feel that something like "Time for talk is over. Missiles left their silos five minutes ago" as a valid negotiation (or distraction) tactic, and send that off without consulting anyone. To me that's the most plausible scenario of Trump starting a nuclear war.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #7679
edslunch
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default American Politics Thread: Orange is the new POTUS

Quote:
Jim Jefferies nails it on North Korea.

http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/...e-ecc55416eed1

Link didn't work (in Canada). They got to Jeffries too....

Last edited by edslunch; 08-09-2017 at 12:43 PM.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #7680
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

It is really disheartening to hear just how little attention is being paid to America's ally in South Korea. We are literally discussing nothing but Trump and North Korea and the threat to a possibly US missile strike, possibly Guam.

While of course that should get lots of attention in the US media; it should also be shouted on a near 30 min repeat all day that within 30 mins of a war breaking out on the peninsula you will see anywhere from 2 to 20 million people die. Maddog said the 20 million figure not more than a month ago in an interview.

Its like the conservatives in the US could give 2 ####s about what would happen to the people of South Korea.
Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms