Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #101
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator View Post
Ernie, can we quit smoking in peace?
No doubt. Lots of people in here trying to quit smoking and better their lives and we have Anti Vaping Crusder Ernie in here trying to make people feel bad about about making positive changes. Give it a rest already.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #102
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyZ View Post
No doubt. Lots of people in here trying to quit smoking and better their lives and we have Anti Vaping Crusder Ernie in here trying to make people feel bad about about making positive changes. Give it a rest already.
I never said anything about not using them to quit smoking. Not once. I believe I encouraged that (even though the data so far shows it to have negligible long term effectiveness for that use). I would love nothing more for everyone in this thread to give up the smoking and nicotine habit.

I don't think it should be an issue to point out what isn't known and the dangers of what long term vaping use may have on you or those around you (i.e. not using it to actually quit the habit but developing a different modified habit). But I can leave the thread.

Last edited by ernie; 08-15-2014 at 09:42 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #103
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

We understand your concerns, unfortunately there isn't a lot of data, but most of us believe this is harm reduction. No one is claiming there isn't any negatives, but compared with smoking this is probably less harmful long term. I also think you over inflate the harmful effects of the nicotine itself, especially the second hand vapor.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #104
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
We understand your concerns, unfortunately there isn't a lot of data, but most of us believe this is harm reduction. No one is claiming there isn't any negatives, but compared with smoking this is probably less harmful long term. I also think you over inflate the harmful effects of the nicotine itself, especially the second hand vapor.
That's my issue is it actually harm reduction? Not sure it is from the user or bystander point of view but C'est La vie. Probably more so for bystanders.

The rudimentary data thus far also shows this trend is leading to kids picking up a habit they wouldn't have and that is a health concern and IMO a societal concern if it's not a controlled industry (it's a habit usually developed as a teen).

Last edited by ernie; 08-15-2014 at 09:47 AM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #105
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie View Post
That's my issue is it actually harm reduction? Not sure it is from the user or bystander point of view but C'est La vie. Probably more so for bystanders.

The rudimentary data thus far also shows this trend is leading to kids picking up a habit they wouldn't have and that is a health concern and IMO a societal concern if it's not a controlled industry (it's a habit usually developed as a teen).
I believe fence sitting by Health Canada is contributing to youth vaping. These things aren't brand new, my buddy had one 5 or 6 years ago. Some framework of legislation should have been drafted by now. Also regulation doesn't realistically prevent minors who are determined to get something. Liquor and smokes were illegal for me to buy at 16, but I still managed to obtain both on a regular basis. Educating people that a lifetime on the nicotine treadmill sucks is really the best preventative.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:00 AM   #106
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can someone tell me the difference between a mod and my current egoC-twist + Evod setup? What would the advantages be? Or as flames 89 suggesting the Kanger EMOW setup?

I don't know what to do? If i got a mod would I still need by current Evod setup for mobility and the mod just for home?

Final question, my EVOD setup gets a clogged feeling 2-days after i replace the coil head.. could this be due to a fluid thats to thick?
terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #107
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

egoc-twist is essentially a mod. It's a variable voltage mod. If you are happy with it, there would be really no need to change. If you want a more advanced mod like a provari or a dna type regulated mod, the only advantage would be to have the ability to go lower ohms on your coils (1.0 or less). If you want unregulated then you go with mechanical (unregulated) but then you need to know ohms law really good so you don't blow the battery in your face.

I have a a dna 30 (Hana) that I would use all the time. What I really liked about it is I could charge it with a mirco-usb cable so i would have to bring my battery charger with me to work all the time.

What kind of juice are you vaping? I find darker liquids are a little more prone to being cloggy. That are you aren't vaping at a high enough level, and the coils are getting clogged quicker.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:53 PM   #108
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
egoc-twist is essentially a mod. It's a variable voltage mod. If you are happy with it, there would be really no need to change. If you want a more advanced mod like a provari or a dna type regulated mod, the only advantage would be to have the ability to go lower ohms on your coils (1.0 or less). If you want unregulated then you go with mechanical (unregulated) but then you need to know ohms law really good so you don't blow the battery in your face.

I have a a dna 30 (Hana) that I would use all the time. What I really liked about it is I could charge it with a mirco-usb cable so i would have to bring my battery charger with me to work all the time.

What kind of juice are you vaping? I find darker liquids are a little more prone to being cloggy. That are you aren't vaping at a high enough level, and the coils are getting clogged quicker.

Thanks man, thats what I thought, with clean coils (new coil head) I love the smoking experience. My menthol from G&G is very dark and thick so this could be the problem. Just ordered a bunch of new flavors from coolvape... coca cola, spearmint and menthol (l0l).

Thinking of maybe switching from the EVOD to the PROtank II mini. What do you think?

So a mod does not necesearlly mean better?
Old 08-15-2014, 01:58 PM   #109
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah ernie, quit being a jerkface and laying down some sensible caution regarding a brand new product that obviously has no adverse side-effects due solely to the fact that it has the advantage of not having been around long enough for anyone to know about them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:59 PM   #110
arsenal
Director of the HFBI

Exp:

i have heard good things about the mini protank. if you have no desire to move to a kayfun or russian or any type of rebuild-able tank where you build your own coils, I don't really see a need to move to anything other than the egoc-twist. The more advanced mods are if you want to try to sub-ohm or build your own coils.

I just bought a different box mod, but with my russian and the coil that I have in it right now it wont fire because the resistance of the coil is too low. If my hana was working properly then I wouldn't have any problem. If you are going to stick with protanks with ohms of 1.5+ I don't see much benefit of getting anything else.
Old 08-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #111
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yeah ernie, quit being a jerkface and laying down some sensible caution regarding a brand new product that obviously has no adverse side-effects due solely to the fact that it has the advantage of not having been around long enough for anyone to know about them.
We all know the potential risks. It's the nicotine prohibitionist stuff that is getting a little tiring.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnes For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #112
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Even if that caution has been laid down over and over and over.

These guys all know the risk of un-tested product. I would bet on it.

They do also know the feeling in the morning after smoking a pack and a half at the bar.

I bet every vaper here knows there is the possibility that there is some possible side effect that they cannot feel.

They have done the risking in their brain and feel in their finite lives they do not have the 20 years for the studies to be done.

They know.
People on here may know, but I'm not a smoker and I didnt know, the information is good because my kid isnt just quitting smoking using vape, hes making it his new thing so the more info I get the better and I doubt I'm alone in that.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 08-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #113
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As someone who likes liquor you must be cognizant that it's not healthy for you. Does anyone go into your scotch thread and regale you with the dangers of drinking hard liquor and how irresponsible you are?
Old 08-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #114
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
As someone who likes liquor you must be cognizant that it's not healthy for you. Does anyone go into your scotch thread and regale you with the dangers of drinking hard liquor and how irresponsible you are?
Nope, because people have been drinking scotch for hundreds of years. We know the deal. Now, if a new synthetic scotch replacement came on the market last year and it had all the benefits of scotch and none of the drawbacks and sounded too good to be true then maybe some discussion might be in order.

Old 08-15-2014, 02:45 PM   #115
terminator
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Nope, because people have been drinking scotch for hundreds of years. We know the deal. Now, if a new synthetic scotch replacement came on the market last year and it had all the benefits of scotch and none of the drawbacks and sounded too good to be true then maybe some discussion might be in order.
Alochol is terrbile, does'nt matter, how long its been around; it causes damage to the brain that you could otherwise avoid.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #116
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
Well he's a dumbass.

My guess is it turns out to be quite a boon when all is said and done. I fear that the banning folks are the ones who do the old abstinence is the only solution thing that works so well in everything else like sex, drinking, drugs.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/50-...lions-of-lives
The banning folks also represent companies that make NRT products that cost a fortune and don't work all that well.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 03:06 PM   #117
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
...As for juice, vapeme.net is a decent shop and are canadian. I order from bombies.com exclusively now...
I ordered from VapeMe 4 days ago. Shipped 3 days ago, and it arrived today.
I'm not home for another few days to try it out, but I would recommend them based on quick shipping and the prompt email/communications from them. I'm a sucker for great customer service and they're on the ball, for sure.

Thanks for their info!
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #118
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Thinking of maybe switching from the EVOD to the PROtank II mini. What do you think?

So a mod does not necesearlly mean better?

I believe the Kanger aerotank mini and the Aspire Nautalis mini are both newer, which means better.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames89 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #119
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Can someone tell me the difference between a mod and my current egoC-twist + Evod setup? What would the advantages be? Or as flames 89 suggesting the Kanger EMOW setup?

Your ego twist battery is fine. My emow recommendation actually wasn't great. But you need to try a better tank/coil like the aerotank or Nautalis mini.
Flames89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames89 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #120
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

2 weeks plus a day since my last cigarette.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: