Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-01-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
Muta
Franchise Player
 
Muta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auckland, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
A lot of words
Cecil, I'm not going to lie... I just don't have time to read a post that long. You have quite a bit of issues which I also just don't have time to respond to everything you posted. Plus, there's just as many people that probably agree with me as they do with you.

As an athlete myself, the unspoken rule if that if there's a kid around, you give them the souvenier... even if you want it for yourself. That souvenier will likely mean more to them than to a grown adult. If you don't agree with that, then really... it's just petty.

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I did catch your 'reasoning' for the photo though, and I gotta say... wow. She's taking a pic infront of a kid who clearly wanted the ball. He's crying. She's not. She's sitting right infron of him showing off her trophy while the kid is literalyl a foot away from her. How you say they aren't connected is just bizarre.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #42
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Cecil, I'm not going to lie... I just don't have time to read a post that long. You have quite a bit of issues which I also just don't have time to respond to everything you posted. Plus, there's just as many people that probably agree with me as they do with you.

As an athlete myself, the unspoken rule if that if there's a kid around, you give them the souvenier... even if you want it for yourself. That souvenier will likely mean more to them than to a grown adult. If you don't agree with that, then really... it's just petty.

So I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I did catch your 'reasoning' for the photo though, and I gotta say... wow. She's taking a pic infront of a kid who clearly wanted the ball. He's crying. She's not. She's sitting right infron of him showing off her trophy while the kid is literalyl a foot away from her. How you say they aren't connected is just bizarre.

Yeah but I don't get how you think she knew the kid was crying. Maybe she should have, maybe she did, but we don't know for sure.

If you watch the clip, the kid is facing away from her and she's facing away from the kid. I don't see how you think her photo and his crying they are connected (other than the fact he's crying about her prize).

It seems that you are suggesting that she's intentionally taking the pic in front of the kid as an eff you. I don't see that. I see two separate events. The kid is crying, she is happy. She also happens to be taking a photo.

How can she be insensitive by taking a photo if she doesn't know that it is insensitive because she doesn't even know that the kid is crying?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #43
Muta
Franchise Player
 
Muta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Auckland, NZ
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Yeah but I don't get how you think she knew the kid was crying. Maybe she should have, maybe she did, but we don't know for sure.

If you watch the clip, the kid is facing away from her and she's facing away from the kid. I don't see how you think her photo and his crying they are connected (other than the fact he's crying about her prize).

It seems that you are suggesting that she's intentionally taking the pic in front of the kid as an eff you. I don't see that. I see two separate events. The kid is crying, she is happy. She also happens to be taking a photo.

How can she be insensitive by taking a photo if she doesn't know that it is insensitive because she doesn't even know that the kid is crying?
Pretty sure you can hear a kid crying from a foot away. That alone would raise red flags, would it not?

Which leads me to say, if not... I don't believe she's being insensitive on purpose... I think she's just oblivious. Which makes her look very socially stupid. Big difference between what you're suggesting and what I am.

A classy adult would have automatically given the ball to the kid closest to them. That's just... the right thing to do at a sporting event. I have no doubt after seeing that video that that chick just isn't the smartest chick out there.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #44
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Pretty sure you can hear a kid crying from a foot away. That alone would raise red flags, would it not?

Which leads me to say, if not... I don't believe she's being insensitive on purpose... I think she's just oblivious. Which makes her look very socially stupid. Big difference between what you're suggesting and what I am.

A classy adult would have automatically given the ball to the kid closest to them. That's just... the right thing to do at a sporting event. I have no doubt after seeing that video that that chick just isn't the smartest chick out there.
I'm not going to pretend that it's not weird that she didn't notice. She was practically back to back with the kid.

And you're right, if she didn't notice, she should have. But like I said in my really long post, maybe she was so caught up in the moment the surrounding events (like a kid crying) weren't perceived by her.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #45
getbak
Franchise Player
 
getbak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLiner View Post
Question is: Did the player intended to give it to the kid? I've seen flames players point at kids before throwing sticks, and even sticking around to ensure the kid gets it. That's a bit different because the play is going on but if I was a betting man, it appears that he spotted the kid and threw it in its direction. A foul ball is different, but if it was intended for him...
That's the line for me too. In the video, it looks like the player was intending the ball to go to the kid.

If it was a regular foul ball and everyone went up for it, I don't have a problem with someone choosing to keep it rather than giving it to the kid.

Personally, I'd give it to the closest kid who wasn't being a brat, but I'm not necessarily going to judge someone who decides to keep it. That said, I have been in a crowd that has booed someone who kept a puck instead of giving it to a kid until they relented and gave it to the kid.
__________________
Turn up the good, turn down the suck!
getbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:59 PM   #46
Blaster86
UnModerator
 
Blaster86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post


tl:dr these people may be selfish heartless dicks who wanted to rub it in the kids face but IMO they could just as easily, or maybe even more likely, are just regular people who had a very exciting moment and weren't 100% clued in to their surroundings and now the media is making a mockery of them.

Even the tl;dr is tl;dr.

tl;dr Cecil hates kids.
__________________

BUTLER FOR STARTER!

Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:58 PM   #47
normtwofinger
Self-Retirement
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm not going to pretend that it's not weird that she didn't notice. She was practically back to back with the kid.

And you're right, if she didn't notice, she should have. But like I said in my really long post, maybe she was so caught up in the moment the surrounding events (like a kid crying) weren't perceived by her.
Or she's a narcissist.
normtwofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:46 PM.

Calgary Flames
2017-18




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016