Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #21
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I feel like it is still waiting for the bottom half of the jersey to load, like internet images in the 90's.
*tasteful nudes of Deanna Troi
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rando For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 11:32 AM   #22
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

That is a joke right? That looks like something created on Kindergarten.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #23
hah
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Looks like KKK hoods
Old 11-14-2019, 01:42 PM   #24
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like it.
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #25
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Since they usually make the two uniforms in a Stadium Series game have a similar style, I expect the Kings jersey to be black and silver with a huge abstract crown in the middle.
The original purple and gold would be hilarious.

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #26
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love where this is going, and I fear that where it's missteps are from either production adjustments or trying to be a bit too clever. It would be very interesting to see what the original design looked like

But this is what these jerseys should be trying to be IMO. Something wild and experimental, if fans want to buy it... great, noted! If no one buys it? Also noted! But this one I actually hope they take another swing at.

I really wish we'd move past these gigantic numbers though. I get the practical reason for it, but as fan apparel it looks odd to me. Maybe have a 1-off, but then tweak the design and maybe wear it again a few nights at home?
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:44 PM   #27
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

It looks like even the "A" is barfing a bit.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:51 PM   #28
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
I love where this is going, and I fear that where it's missteps are from either production adjustments or trying to be a bit too clever. It would be very interesting to see what the original design looked like

But this is what these jerseys should be trying to be IMO. Something wild and experimental, if fans want to buy it... great, noted! If no one buys it? Also noted! But this one I actually hope they take another swing at.

I really wish we'd move past these gigantic numbers though. I get the practical reason for it, but as fan apparel it looks odd to me. Maybe have a 1-off, but then tweak the design and maybe wear it again a few nights at home?
The A logo with the mountains is cool. Execution is off.

Would be a great shoulder patch, or even as a normal sized chest crest, old school in a circle like the Blue Jackets best jerseys.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:00 PM   #29
Dx54
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Those look brutal
Dx54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:09 PM   #30
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

The guy wearing the jersey 100% has the same face as any kid forced to wear what their grandma bought them for Christmas.

Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 03:25 PM   #31
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This is exactly it.

The NHL is usually so boring with stuff like this that I can't really fault them when they actually try something that is a bit more experimental.

I honestly think that with pants that actually match either the right shade of blue or maroon, and with a guy in full equipment instead of whatever is going on in that photo that it will look a lot better.

For this jersey I think part of the issue is that the A sits too high. Should be a little lower on the jersey so that it actually comes to a point. below the neck line. Plus now there is too much just blank Maroon at the bottom, which wouldn't be an issue if you push the whole thing down.

Kind of excited to see the Kings jersey in this style too - since I feel like a big crown or chevron on the jersey could be really neat.

I prefer trying something different like this that might not work, instead of doing what they did last year and going with just two colors. Which well they may look better is also just really boring.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 11-14-2019 at 03:56 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:39 PM   #32
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ who do I place bets with?

$500 on angled vertical split jersey
Old 11-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #33
rhino
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern2814 View Post
I like it.
To hell you do
rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #34
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like an ugly Christmas sweater
MrMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #35
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I feel like it is still waiting for the bottom half of the jersey to load, like internet images in the 90's.

So was thinking about this and do think the issue is how the A is too high up on the neckline, and doesn't actually finish off in a point for the top of the mountain. It makes the white on the top of the jersey kind of look like a bib or napkin tucked into your neck.

You move it all a couple inches lower, have the A come to a peak, you have less maroon at the bottom (no more waiting for bottom of the jersey to load effect) , and now it's much cleaner looking. Looks bad now since that doesn't come to a peak but you have all the other mountains with a peak in the crest.

Here's a quick and rough mock up:

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 11-14-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:25 PM   #36
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ already a huge step forward I think

The eye of the A just needs to move up a bit, and gives a pretty good baseline for a ticker white band - which I think it needed. Somehow, the sock designer was also of the same mindset with thick white stripe?

Anyway... it's still weird and cool - but I was playing around with a quick mockup and I dig it

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 05:32 PM   #37
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah crazy how you made that better with a couple of tweaks in like a two hour time period.

Not sure how the professional designers couldn’t see things like that.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #38
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

Maybe it's a Training "Camp" jersey?
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reggie Dunlop For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 06:01 PM   #39
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
^ already a huge step forward I think

The eye of the A just needs to move up a bit, and gives a pretty good baseline for a ticker white band - which I think it needed. Somehow, the sock designer was also of the same mindset with thick white stripe?

Anyway... it's still weird and cool - but I was playing around with a quick mockup and I dig it

And once again...fans on the internet are much better designers than whoever they paid to do the real thing.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 06:12 PM   #40
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked how they incorporated top of the peak into that weird little pentagon that the NHL logo sits in. This is the first time that has made any sense.