Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #3141
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I'm too excited to not share. I not only renewed my seats, but they let me add a single in the supporters section! It might mean that I give away my seats a few times through the year to be able to "sit" there, but I just had to do it. Front row, and I'm super excited about this!
Fantastic. I think I can get my hands on a Vuvuzela that you can have.

Or are you more of a 'comically-oversized drum' kind of guy?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 11-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #3142
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is one 'seat' left in 200. Also, checking out the other sections in appears that 70% of the 200s will be season ticket holders. Probably more once the official new buyer date happens. I don't know why I was able to buy tickets, probably a glitch in the matrix.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:47 PM   #3143
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Goddamnit. I was hoping to get a season ticket in 200. I doubt that last one will be free on the 14th.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #3144
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Fantastic. I think I can get my hands on a Vuvuzela that you can have.

Or are you more of a 'comically-oversized drum' kind of guy?
Did the guys with the smoke bombs get thrown out?

Otherwise I hate the vuvuzela, and kind of just prefer the chanting and yelling.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:04 PM   #3145
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
There is one 'seat' left in 200. Also, checking out the other sections in appears that 70% of the 200s will be season ticket holders. Probably more once the official new buyer date happens. I don't know why I was able to buy tickets, probably a glitch in the matrix.
They told me that all of the 200's will be season tickets. At this point there are seats that haven't renewed in 202, but 200/201 are tighter, with one in 200 at this point.

I have given feedback that they should make another supporters section, but that might already be happening organically in the corner of the grandstand?
Old 11-05-2019, 05:21 PM   #3146
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I just renewed my season ticket!
Old 11-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #3147
Traditional_Ale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They told me that all of the 200's will be season tickets. At this point there are seats that haven't renewed in 202, but 200/201 are tighter, with one in 200 at this point.

I have given feedback that they should make another supporters section, but that might already be happening organically in the corner of the grandstand?

Nobody in 200 sits down. Usually by the end of the game 201 is all standing as well.

So far, this is the oldest I've been.
The Following User Says Thank You to Traditional_Ale For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 05:56 PM   #3148
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Goddamnit. I was hoping to get a season ticket in 200. I doubt that last one will be free on the 14th.

I was able the buy season tickets without being a person who is renewing. I would fiddle with the site once you are logged into your account. I clicked buy tickets, and when non showed up I clicked schedule and from there I saw 16 ticket pack. Hope that helps!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:40 PM   #3149
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Did the guys with the smoke bombs get thrown out?

Otherwise I hate the vuvuzela, and kind of just prefer the chanting and yelling.
The guys with the smoke bombs did not get thrown out. Nor should they, IMO, but the club and us supporters have gone back and forth on that all year.

Quote:

Section 200 was supposed to be reserved for our group, but I know of a few who didn't renew. TheIronMaiden is more than welcome though in my books. Same with Muta. Sections 203 and 109 are starting to organically form supporters sections as well.

Last edited by shermanator; 11-05-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:49 PM   #3150
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

An idea of the TV ratings for the games on CBC. Of course, the CPL games only broadcast on OneSoccer would be significantly lower.

Not an apples to apples comparison, but the Ottawa Fury didn't top 10K total views for their games which were streamed on Youtube. Their playoff game got a total of 5.2K

https://twitter.com/williamsbob75/st...46473354432519

Last edited by shermanator; 11-05-2019 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:09 PM   #3151
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

That's annoying that OneSoccer won't release any numbers be it subscribers or viewers per stream. But pretty positive numbers from the CBC broadcasts. That tells me the league needs to pursue CBC much harder, as I bet the OneSoccer subscriber base is very small.

It seems like a good way to get it, but ultimately $10 a month is something that only a handful (in viewership) terms is spending. I did it and will possibly do it again next season, but in a world where people are making tough choices between major streaming services at around the same price, you're almost certain getting next to ZERO casual fans buying and that is not good for a start up.

Last edited by jayswin; 11-05-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:14 PM   #3152
jayswin

Exp:

I will concede part of my not feeling like I got great value out of the $60 or whatever I paid over the season was because of Cavalry ending up with so many "playing out the string" games. If next season is more down to the wire in both seasons then I'm sure the value will be there for me.

Plus, even though it seemed like it wasn't a bother for others, I felt a huge loss of connection in the broadcasts when they made those cuts that included not properly mic'ing up the crowds, which made Cavalry fans almost non-existent on the stream.

That was a really big shame, and kind of took the viewing experience down a few notches, imo.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #3153
jayswin

Exp:

Anyways, main point being that those numbers seem pretty decent for CBC, so I'm really hoping they take a look at increasing their game commitments.

For everyone in this thread it likely wouldn't change much, but for casual fans it could mean the difference between following the team or not if they could suddenly watch like 7-8 Cavalry games on regular TV.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:30 PM   #3154
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
The guys with the smoke bombs did not get thrown out. Nor should they, IMO, but the club and us supporters have gone back and forth on that all year.

Section 200 was supposed to be reserved for our group, but I know of a few who didn't renew. TheIronMaiden is more than welcome though in my books. Same with Muta. Sections 203 and 109 are starting to organically form supporters sections as well.
I just meant that all the 200 sections will be seasons tickets, not solely the 200 section if that's how you interpreted this? But are you implying that I shouldn't have been able to buy a seasons ticket in the supporters section?
Old 11-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #3155
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just meant that all the 200 sections will be seasons tickets, not solely the 200 section if that's how you interpreted this? But are you implying that I shouldn't have been able to buy a seasons ticket in the supporters section?
My mistake, I confused section 200 with the 200's as a whole.

I was under the impression that there were only a few seats that opened up and I thought we had filled the ones that opened up, but it's been a week or so since I've heard. Also, didn't mean to interpret that you're not welcome, just mentioning that other CPers I have seen throughout the year are.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 08:19 PM   #3156
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well don't worry, I'm there for the party and singing/chanting. I know what I'm getting into, and I'm excited to be there!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 08:54 PM   #3157
Yoho
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1191904869034135554
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Yoho For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2019, 08:34 AM   #3158
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've heard Carducci also was contacted about a call up for the game but not 100% certain he's been called. Roster comes out tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2019, 09:06 AM   #3159
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is strange that I was able to buy tickets before the renewal period was up. No complaints from me though. I am really pleased with the price/location of the tickets.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:10 AM   #3160
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
I was able the buy season tickets without being a person who is renewing. I would fiddle with the site once you are logged into your account. I clicked buy tickets, and when non showed up I clicked schedule and from there I saw 16 ticket pack. Hope that helps!
I'm doing this the same way, but now the ticket options won't load.... did you use Chrome, Edge or Firefox? Either way, I think the jig may be up. Damnit!

Closed Thread

Tags
2xchamps , canadian premier league , canpl , cavalry fc , fc edmonton is no good , fuforge