Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-03-2014, 02:12 PM   #21
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Only caught the last half or so. Seems REALLY interesting.

Lemme see if I got this right. They figure the Knights Templar, shortly after they became outlawed, moved all their wealth and burried it on the island? And what was with the layers of woodem beems they seem to have buried every100 ft or so? Only part I really got to see in full was the part at the end regarding the coconut husks.

So this is an island within Canadian Territory but did I hear right the brothers bought it? Are the brothers Canadian or American?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:28 PM   #22
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the brothers are American. The one guy must be some kind of O&G tycoon or something as they keep talking about him buying an island and potentially dumping millions of dollars into is brothers pet project.

Pretty cool show nevertheless.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #23
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched it tonight and enjoyed it, as I've read about this mystery and a few years ago got to go onto the island.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #24
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Only caught the last half or so. Seems REALLY interesting.

Lemme see if I got this right. They figure the Knights Templar, shortly after they became outlawed, moved all their wealth and burried it on the island? And what was with the layers of woodem beems they seem to have buried every100 ft or so? Only part I really got to see in full was the part at the end regarding the coconut husks.

So this is an island within Canadian Territory but did I hear right the brothers bought it? Are the brothers Canadian or American?
Knights Templar treasure is one of the thoughts. I didn't know much about this island, although my wife grew up in the east so she knew a bit of the lore about the island.

My understanding with spoiler tag from last episode in case you haven't watched

Spoiler!

I have seen enough to keep me intrigued but some of the things they are doing bug me. Like when in the first episode the camera footage wasn't there, why not go back and try again.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:41 AM   #25
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched the second episode with my daughter, she took learnt about this in school (which surprised me).

What will get interesting is if the "rich" brother thinks this is worth is and goes full oil patch on this thing.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:23 PM   #26
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

The first two episodes were pretty good, with the exception of the typical History Channel / TLC sensationalized camera shots and countless unnecessary recaps. It would have been great if they approached these shows more like, say, PBS does. It is an interesting enough topic without the silliness.

Anyway, the 3rd and 4th episodes are pretty bad, going into various Da Vinci Code type theories and ghosts, etc.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #27
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The first two episodes were pretty good, with the exception of the typical History Channel / TLC sensationalized camera shots and countless unnecessary recaps. It would have been great if they approached these shows more like, say, PBS does. It is an interesting enough topic without the silliness.

Anyway, the 3rd and 4th episodes are pretty bad, going into various Da Vinci Code type theories and ghosts, etc.
I fell asleep during episode 3 and decided to be done with it. The endless recaps and everything being over-sensationalized drove me nuts. I'd like to know what they find but without the drama.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #28
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, so this is coming in on Sunday nights, yes? Watched last nights episode where they are about to drain the swamp. Am I up to date? How many have I missed?

Great show, really enjoyed it but agree with others and the drama. It seems like shows today assume we have the attention span of a gold fish and need a full reminder after a commercial break as to what happened just prior to said break.

Sure looking forward to next week and seeing what's under that swamp!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:50 AM   #29
TKB
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, so this is coming in on Sunday nights, yes? Watched last nights episode where they are about to drain the swamp. Am I up to date? How many have I missed?

Great show, really enjoyed it but agree with others and the drama. It seems like shows today assume we have the attention span of a gold fish and need a full reminder after a commercial break as to what happened just prior to said break.

I also watched last night for the first time, really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one!
TKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #30
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKB View Post
I also watched last night for the first time, really enjoyed it and look forward to the next one!
Damn I missed it.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #31
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Not a whole lot. Maybe a bit of history about the shaft dug beside the money pit and some diving where they discovered rectangular stones in the water. They have shown that graphic where they scroll down the different layers of the money pit until it fills with water from that angled shaft that goes out to sea about 80 times. But despite of the repetition, I am hooked. I fully expect to be disappointed at the end though.
Old 02-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #32
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is anyone else finding this show a little dull and slow? I'm intrigued by the Oak Island story and have been on the island, but I think they could speed this along.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #33
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Is anyone else finding this show a little dull and slow? I'm intrigued by the Oak Island story and have been on the island, but I think they could speed this along.
It helps if you have it PVR'd. I would go nuts if I had to watch it with long commercial breaks.

But yeah, I kind of wish they took a different approach to getting to the bottom of it.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:31 AM   #34
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

So..... Did they find the treasure? Inquiring minds want to know,but not enough to actually watch it.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:50 AM   #35
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_Beef View Post
So..... Did they find the treasure? Inquiring minds want to know,but not enough to actually watch it.
No.

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:56 PM   #36
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was there not an episode this last Sunday?
Old 03-06-2014, 02:00 PM   #37
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Was there not an episode this last Sunday?
No, not for the last two weeks, as far as I know. Last one was about them hiring the diver to dig around in the marsh and came up with a Spanish coin.

At this point, I think its just some scammers or practical jokers seeding the area with little nuggets of hope.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:54 PM   #38
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't look there is an episode this coming Sunday either. Or the one after that.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:29 PM   #39
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn.

Clearly they don't find anything otherwise I would imagine we would have heard about it long before the show aired but it was interesting to watch. Hope that's not the end of it.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #40
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump.

Anyone still watching this?

I have been with my wife, but must confess it is more for the humour than anything else.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.