Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #1
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:
Default WordPress Users - WordCamp 2019

I'm helping to organize a two day conference for WordPress users and it starts tomorrow. If you have a WordPress website you should think about checking it out. We have sessions on SEO, design, development, eCommerce, marketing, content, etc.

We also have an afternoon session with experts who can help you with specific problems with your own website. That kind of tech support is worth the price of admission alone.

If you have kids, on Saturday we have KidsCamp. They'll spend the day learning how to build their own website. My kids (9 and 10) participated last year and they had a blast.

$50 for a two day tech conference is pretty hard to beat.

https://2019.calgary.wordcamp.org
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Calgary and Montreal are the only cities who host this? That's a bummer. If I'd known about this sooner I'd probably have made it a work trip :P
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scornfire For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2019, 06:19 AM   #3
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scornfire View Post
Calgary and Montreal are the only cities who host this? That's a bummer. If I'd known about this sooner I'd probably have made it a work trip :P
Edmonton had one years ago but the organizers seemed to have dropped it. I spoke with someone yesterday who is looking to get it going again.

Vancouver seems to do it every 2 or 3 years but it's tough to build momentum on an event when it isn't annual.

There should also be a WordCamp in Ottawa in July but they can't make it official until the venue is secured.

This was our 7th year and we'll be doing it again next year. I'll be sure to promote it earlier.

Last edited by KTrain; 05-11-2019 at 11:13 AM.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote