Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #121
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Wow, tough way to send it to OT. Khawi is money from almost anywhere, just take a shot from further out. What a fun game, though.

Kevin Durant is an unreal basketball player.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:43 PM   #122
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It blows my mind that Toronto has a top 5 player in the world and they still can’t get a goddamn call.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:45 PM   #123
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Shut up Durant you ####ing baby. Every call has went your way tonight.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #124
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

A travel against GS. I can’t believe my eyes!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2018, 08:57 PM   #125
jayswin

Exp:

Wow, what an incredible game! Our bench and course not getting calls almost cost us the game, but what a clutch OT performance.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:59 PM   #126
jayswin

Exp:

There seemed to be a bet going on between Drake and Kevin Durant, with Durant taking off his jersey and giving it to Drake. Broadcast suggested Drake's jacket was going the other way if the Warriors won.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #127
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kawhi is unbelievable. He’s so similar to MJ it’s crazy, he’s a demon out there. Best player to dawn a raptors jersey, and yes I was a fan when Carter was playing.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:37 PM   #128
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’ve been a pretty big JV supporter over the years and used to get mad at Casey for underusing him, but tonight just highlighted to me that I’ve been wrong. This guy is absolutely clueless on the defensive end. Twice he came in with a 15 point lead and twice it got reduced to almost nothing within 5 minutes. Hes lost out there against a good team and they were killing the Raps with offensive rebounds. If we have a need at the deadline, I’d be willing to move on from JV to
Address it.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:41 PM   #129
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dp

Last edited by Beninho; 11-29-2018 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:42 PM   #130
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I’ve been a pretty big JV supporter over the years and used to get mad at Casey for underusing him, but tonight just highlighted to me that I’ve been wrong. This guy is absolutely clueless on the defensive end. Twice he came in with a 15 point lead and twice it got reduced to almost nothing within 5 minutes. Hes lost out there against a good team and they were killing the Raps with offensive rebounds. If we have a need at the deadline, I’d be willing to move on from JV to
Address it.
He really sucks at rebounding, he just stands there with his hands up and sucks at boxing out. I also had a similar opinion of him but he just doesn’t fit the raptors defense at all and it’s showing big time this year . Just not athletic enough compared to the rest of the roster. His offence isn’t good enough to mask his issues on defense and rebounding, he’s like a poor Marc Gasol with zero shot
Old 11-29-2018, 11:44 PM   #131
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It blows my mind that Toronto has a top 5 player in the world and they still can’t get a goddamn call.
Top 3
Old 11-30-2018, 07:52 AM   #132
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kawhi is great, don't get me wrong, but if the Raps win the title this year it will be because of Siakam's development. I said earlier in the thread that he was not quite a borderline star, but he might be a borderline star before the All-Star break. He opens up so much with his ability to drive and finish, and he's a good defender too. After years of the Cavs-Warriors snoozefests, it'd be nice to see Raps-Warriors based off last night, would be a lot of fun.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:58 AM   #133
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Kawhi is great, don't get me wrong, but if the Raps win the title this year it will be because of Siakam's development. I said earlier in the thread that he was not quite a borderline star, but he might be a borderline star before the All-Star break. He opens up so much with his ability to drive and finish, and he's a good defender too. After years of the Cavs-Warriors snoozefests, it'd be nice to see Raps-Warriors based off last night, would be a lot of fun.
C'mon. i know you're trying to be all "hot takey" but if the Raps win it's because they have a superstar. This team doesn't even come close to being this good with DeRozen.

Siakam is critical to this team's success, just like Lowry's unreal season, but none of it matters without Leonard.

Last edited by corporatejay; 11-30-2018 at 09:07 AM.
corporatejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:04 AM   #134
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Address it.

I suspect he gets limited minutes in critical playoff games. He's just there to give guys a rest, it's a long long season.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:11 AM   #135
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
C'mon. i know you're trying to be all "hot takey" but if the Raps win it's because they have a superstar. This team doesn't even come close to being this good with DeRozen.

Siakam is critical to this team's success, just like Lowry's unreal season, but none of it matters without Leonard.
Right, but you are also admitting acquiring Kawhi is meaningless without the other guys. Yes they need Kawhi to get further than without DeRozan, but that's only further to the Finals. If they actually wanna win the Finals, they need Siakam (and others) to step it up. So far, that is what has happened. That they got Kawhi without giving up Siakam (or Anunoby) is why they can do more than just hope to make the Finals.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:51 AM   #136
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do think a team would take on JV and give up good value. Again, in pro sports ego plays a big part and teams love taking on projects to be the ones that turned guys around. I've not given up on JV, but if you need to improve he's right now the piece to move.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:54 PM   #137
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do we really want to change this team right now?
Old 12-02-2018, 03:11 PM   #138
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

You want them to win against the best, then you look at all options, yup.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2018, 02:16 PM   #139
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

While I'm not totally opposed to trading JV, you still need one big C on the roster, to contend with those other huge bigs like Whiteside, Drummond, even Cousins in a hypothetical finals matchup. I wouldn't feel good about Ibaka being the only option as a traditional C in the playoffs. So how, realistically, do you upgrade that by trading JV? I'd be inclined toward keep the roster as is, experiment a bit with Pascal playing C with the bench unit, and then in the playoffs if you do have a series where you just can't keep JV on the floor, run a Pascal bench unit.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:31 PM   #140
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man.. this reffing is atrocious tonight
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote