Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #221
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ideally, I'd like to see 2-3 years at 5 mi (cap floor reasons)
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #222
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Disappointed indeed
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #223
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerSteve View Post
Call me crazy, but the fact that Burke has still not come down to meet with the media could mean another deal is still happening.
I was thinking the same thing!
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #224
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I don't think he'll sign because the deal that makes sense for the Flames I don't know if it makes sense for him.

Unless the Flames offer a 5 year deal or something, which I hope they don't.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #225
getoverit
Scoring Winger

Exp:

disagree, his value is at all time low. give him 1 yr to redeem himself, good for Flames and for Cammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I don't think he'll sign because the deal that makes sense for the Flames I don't know if it makes sense for him.

Unless the Flames offer a 5 year deal or something, which I hope they don't.
getoverit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #226
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What Burke's other trades today (and frankly his whole career) indicate is that he just doesn't make a trade if he doesn't get value.

You don't see alot (any?) bad or lopsided trades by Burke. I'm pretty sure his philosophy is that he just wont make a trade to salvage value. He'll only make trades where he feels he's made a net value increase.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2014, 02:57 PM   #227
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins 1m #Pens GM Ray Shero said in addition to Goc, there's another deal coming that hasn't been finalized yet. Hopefully can announce soon.

Probably the Stempniak deal, but who knows, maybe a Cammy surprise?
StrykerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #228
Miniac
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Call me crazy, but the fact that Burke has still not come down to meet with the media could mean another deal is still happening.
Or inking a new contract extension with Cammy.
Miniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #229
nemanja2306
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan1297 View Post
Anyone else think that Cammy plans to re sign here in the summer
If we offer him somewhere between $6-7M, for ONE YEAR, why wouldn't he? He's not going to get more than $5M as FA, and even $5M is generous.
nemanja2306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #230
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

I'm gonna cross my fingers for a Cammy + Stempniak deal to the Pens.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #231
c.t.ner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Probably the Stempniak deal, but who knows, maybe a Cammy surprise?
Doubt it. There are too many talking heads on TSN/Sportsnet to let something like a Cammy trade slip by for soo long. Probably just trying to find a unique way to have his tie draped over him.
c.t.ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:01 PM   #232
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Either Burke ran out of time because it took for ever to get the Vanek and Moulson deals done or the return was so terrible Burke thought it would be better to try to re-sign him than trade him for crap.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:04 PM   #233
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The NHL trade call is taking a long time because of the fits of laughter coming from the NHL and Flames.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #234
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

To the people losing their minds for not trading Cammalleri would you have been happier if Flash was right and there was really very limited interest in Cammalleri? How about Cammalleri for a 2014 3rd and a 2015 4th? Or Cammalleri for what Hemsky was traded for? Would you have honestly been happy with that?

My guess is that those were the kind of offers on the table.

Further to my other post about value. Burke basically always gets good value in trades. How does he do that? Who knows, no one here has negotiated a trade with him. But it might be that Burke's honest about his threshold and that he doesn't ever break when he's lowballed or doesn't have alot of leverage in a trade discussion. So if all Burke is getting is lowballs or offers below what his stated minimum is what is he to do?

Does he break? That would get you a couple 3rd or 4th rounders. But would the value of those picks be enough for the reputational impact it would have and then on his future trade negotiations?

Burke could have thought "if I buckle or break now on cammalleri then that means that in the future some GM might think I'll buckle or break with an even more important deal on the table. Frankly getting a 4th rounder is less valuable to me than it impacting my future negotiations for potentially more important trades to the franchise."
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #235
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

The irony is, if we had flipped Cammallerri for a 3rd, (and stempniak not traded) most of us would have been ok with it. However because it is the other way, most of us are ticked off.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #236
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Burke still on the trade call or has he come down for his interview with fan960?
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #237
Cleveland Steam Whistle
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
To the people losing their minds for not trading Cammalleri would you have been happier if Flash was right and there was really very limited interest in Cammalleri? How about Cammalleri for a 2014 3rd and a 2015 4th? Or Cammalleri for what Hemsky was traded for? Would you have honestly been happy with that?

My guess is that those were the kind of offers on the table.

Further to my other post about value. Burke basically always gets good value in trades. How does he do that? Who knows, no one here has negotiated a trade with him. But it might be that Burke's honest about his threshold and that he doesn't ever break when he's lowballed or doesn't have alot of leverage in a trade discussion. So if all Burke is getting is lowballs or offers below what his stated minimum is what is he to do?

Does he break? That would get you a couple 3rd or 4th rounders. But would the value of those picks be enough for the reputational impact it would have and then on his future trade negotiations?

Burke could have thought "if I buckle or break now on cammalleri then that means that in the future some GM might think I'll buckle or break with an even more important deal on the table. Frankly getting a 4th rounder is less valuable to me than it impacting my future negotiations for potentially more important trades to the franchise."
I do think this is part of it. Burke manages to the long term, what he misses out in value today on Cammy (although I don't think this saga is done) he likely feels like he will make up in future trades because people know he will risk losing an asset for nothing if he doesn't like the deal.
Cleveland Steam Whistle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleveland Steam Whistle For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #238
StrykerSteve
Ass Handler

Exp:

Burke speaking to media in a few mins. I guess it's all over.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:23 PM   #239
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

So has clammy been dealt, or is he still our chattel?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #240
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cammy and Butler should have been traded regardless. Butler i want resigned like the taste of battery acid and Cammy should been flipped for a 2nd or 3rd if that is all Burke could get. Manifest that pick into an opportunity of an NHL player. The 2nd-3rd round produces several NHL players from 1st to 4th line players.
Sure i expected Cammy to fetch a 1st and a prospect, a 1st or a 2nd and a prospect.
But if it's not there take what the table gives you.
Now Burke gets nothing for Cammy and i'm not holding my breathe for a pre UFA day rights trade.
Burke missed the mark with Cammy and Butler.
If Butler would have fetched even as little as a 5th i would have been delighted.