Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #21
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I curse the game most days I play it, but I play it almost every week of the year.

I may hate the fact that they change very little every year, but with the 100's of hours I put in every year I clearly get my moneys worth.

With that said, it'd be nice for EA to actually improve it rather than just tweak it every year.
3 Justin 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #22
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's the game I seem to play the most.

It's also the game that infuriates me the most.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashasx For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #23
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

New NHL 13 Feature: Be a puck mode!
Old 05-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

I can't justify a yearly purchase of the same game... but every second year seems about right for me. Probably end up picking this one up.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #25
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobbles View Post
this video disappoints me... why? because the last thing i think about when playing is "boy i sure wish i could do more with the skill stick while playing"

i know its obviously not the only thing they will work on, but i just continue to be amazed at how many problems the game has and how they ignore them and add useless features that no one cares about...
But from a marketing perspective that's the video they have to make. While we care about defensive AI and tweaking the physics engine, announcing that wouldn't really drum up anticipation.

I have yet to see a sports game in existence that doesn't have a way to use cheap exploits... I'm not entirely convinced there's a way to make a sports game without them.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #26
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I played my Beapro last night for the first time in a couple of months. I still enjoy the game a lot and while I mainly play Beapro I would love to see some more basic changes in that mode.

I really want to be able to demand a trade.

I'd really like to be able to counter contract offers.

I'd love to be able to refuse a contract offer and re enter the draft if I get drafted by the Oilers or Canucks.

It was funny, I was playing the Rangers last night as the top defensemen for the ducks and the Rangers were blocking every shot as they collapsed in front of the net.

It was frustrating and brilliant and the same time, the only thing missing was Torts yelling at me for using my cellphone on the bench.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #27
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

More of the same here, but here's teaser #2:

Old 05-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #28
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Beaten.

So new skating engine for 13?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #29
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
But from a marketing perspective that's the video they have to make. While we care about defensive AI and tweaking the physics engine, announcing that wouldn't really drum up anticipation.

I have yet to see a sports game in existence that doesn't have a way to use cheap exploits... I'm not entirely convinced there's a way to make a sports game without them.
i definitely see your point, however, is the best marketing strategy "remember nhl 07"???
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #30
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
More of the same here, but here's teaser #2:

ok, i am all about the skill stick being a huge improvement several years back, but the physics engine is anything but realistic. it still licks balls even to this day...
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:18 AM   #31
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

My wish list:

- Menu update: The menu system is atrocious. One of the pet projects I've had on my mind over the last year is to revamp it graphically and send it off to them. Every year they promote new game modes to the top menu, while simultaneously having a game modes section. This is just one of many many problems. I'm a huge nerd and timed it out once. To get into a GM game takes approximately 3.5 minutes and requires 17 button presses.

- Offsides: It's better than it's ever been, but I'd still like to see the players try harder to stay onside. Perhaps they could dangle the puck behind them a little if near to the blue line in certain situations, or maybe not have the player do a natural deke motion when close to the line.

- The No Zone: Don't ever let the goalie casually push the puck out of the trapezoid ever, unless you fully skate into it.

-Load Times: I'd almost rather have the same amount of features and have the load times drop than have new features and increased load times.

-Free Agents: Please either put the goalies on the same page as the other players or let me know when I'm about to lose one to free agency. Twice I've tried to start a season with no goalies at all because I lost them both without knowing it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #32
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm a player who spends 95% of playing time on Be A GM, so that has always been the priority for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Make tweaks to the AI (make them smarter rather than giving them an inhuman advantage) and incorporate all the features from Eastside Hockey Manager and you may just have the best hockey game ever made.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #33
Lt.Spears
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

New skating physics for sure, i wonder if it will even change the game much.
Lt.Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #34
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Spears View Post
New skating physics for sure, i wonder if it will even change the game much.
Maybe you will be able to skate while you use the skill stick. That would be a big improvement
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #35
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hope it comes out for the Vita.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Esoteric For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2012, 01:13 PM   #36
Lt.Spears
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Maybe you will be able to skate while you use the skill stick. That would be a big improvement

Most likely i would think, being able to stick handle and move all over the place would make dangling so much fun.
Lt.Spears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #37
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

This will probably be the first year in a while I don't buy the new one, but I will if its on Vita
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #38
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I would buy a Vita if it came out for it and let you share a season.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #39
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hi-res screenshot
Spoiler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA Press Release
NHL 13 Delivers Major Innovations That Will Change the Way You Play the Game

True Performance Skating and Hockey I.Q. Create Innovative New Gameplay Experience

GM Connected and NHL Moments Live Provide All-New Experiences that Connect Hockey Fans to Their Friends and the Real-World of the NHL

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) announced today the key features for EA SPORTSTM NHL®13, promising the biggest change to the franchise since the introduction of the Skill Stick in NHL® 07. Headlined by all-new True Performance Skating, and supported by an innovative new A.I. system dubbed EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., NHL 13 will deliver a revamped gameplay experience that accurately captures the speed, creativity and strategy of NHL hockey. In addition, NHL 13 will also deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and the real world of hockey with the all-new GM Connected and NHL Moments Live modes. NHL 13 will be available on September 11, 2012 in North America and September 14, 2012 in Europe.

NHL 13 delivers an innovative new gameplay experience, accurately capturing the speed, creativity and strategy of today’s NHL through:
  • True Performance Skating – A game-changing innovation for the franchise that adds physics-driven skating and over 1000 new animations. True Performance Skating authentically replicates the explosiveness, momentum and top end speed displayed by today’s NHL players. True Performance Skating combined with the Skill Stick, finally gives gamers access to the entire toolset of an NHL player, delivering unprecedented control and unlocking a level of creativity never before possible in a hockey videogame.
  • EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q. – An innovative new A.I. system that governs the behaviors of players, goalies and team systems. In previous NHL games, players were only aware of skaters in their immediate proximity and goalies could only react to the player in control of the puck. With EA SPORTS Hockey I.Q., all players are now fully aware of every other player on the ice, resulting in quicker, smarter and more true-to-life decision-making. EA SPORTS Hockey IQ also delivers the deepest and most customizable set of real-world hockey systems and strategies ever for the franchise.

NHL 13 will deliver new experiences that connect hockey fans to their friends and to NHL hockey with:
  • GM Connected – The ultimate fantasy league with friends. GM Connected takes the franchise’s most popular offline mode, Be a GM, and allows you to play with and against your friends in your own 30-team NHL. Whether you are a hardcore sports gamer or a hockey fan that moonlights as an armchair general manager, the mode offers unrivaled accessibility and depth by allowing players to manage, play or coach on the road to building your team’s legacy. GM’s can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they never miss a single moment.*
  • NHL Moments Live – Rewrite or relive history as you replay some of the most thrilling moments from today’s NHL. NHL 13 evolves the concept introduced by other sports games, introducing each scenario with real-world NHL footage to bring players closer to the intensity of the moment. Moments from the 2011-12 NHL season will ship on disc and new moments from the 2012-13 NHL season will be added as and when available throughout the season.

Fans of the franchise can expect several other improvements and innovations in NHL 13, such as:
  • Team-First Presentation, which customizes your NHL 13 experience based on your favorite NHL team
  • The addition of Customizable EA SPORTS Hockey IQ allowing players to create and record their own player and team strategies to a level never before seen in the franchise.
  • Improvements to core offline and online modes, including Hockey Ultimate Team, Be a Pro, EA SPORTS Hockey League, a refined on-ice presentation, and more.

NHL 13 Stanley Cup® Collector’s Edition Available for Pre-Order

Celebrate over 20 years of EA SPORTS NHL hockey with the first ever collector’s edition on this console generation. With Stanley Cup-inspired digital offerings, the NHL 13 Stanley Cup Collector’s Edition includes:
  • Exclusive collectible Stanley Cup® tin featuring an embossed Stanley Cup image
  • Two Stanley Cup® Theme Hockey Ultimate Team packs featuring randomized player items from the Western and Eastern Conference Champions
  • Gold Jumbo Hockey Ultimate Team Pack (Regular) featuring 24 randomized items, including an exclusive Wayne Gretzky Hockey Ultimate Team Legend and six other rare items
  • A CCM Boost Pack featuring the all-new CCM RBZ stick (For use in Be a Pro and EA SPORTS™ Hockey League)
  • A 10% discount on a one-time purchase at shop.NHL.com
  • A complete copy of NHL 13

MSRP: $79.99

*App not available in France, Gibraltar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Libya, Morocco, Serbia and Montenegro, and Syria

Visit the EA SPORTS NHL 13 website for more details and other pre-order offers.
http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/art...nging-the-game

Last edited by Joborule; 05-18-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #40
Esoteric
First Line Centre

Exp:

Interested in seeing this in action; Skating improvements should be HUGE, that's one thing that's been a glaring weakness for years.

Online Be a GM is going to be a great addition; don't know how much I'll use it, but the option is going to be nice to have.

Hockey IQ - we've been told about AI tweaks before, hopefully it has a great impact.

With various presentation changes and tweaks, I'll purchase it again.

I still really hopes this comes out for Vita.

Last edited by Esoteric; 05-18-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Esoteric is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ea sports , nhl 13 , video game