Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2015, 08:29 PM   #81
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a bizarre game.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #82
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now, Bombers need to do it to the Esks tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 08:32 PM   #83
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

TSN and stamps app are showing a 20-17 loss. WTF?
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:33 PM   #84
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tissues needed on the Riders board...

FFS, typical horseshoes-up-the-*** win by Calgary. That bs expression that you gotta be good to be lukcky ... where did Calgary being good cause Medlock to punt what will probably be his only 2 net yard punt of his career. That's not being good. Can't stand them full of themselves cow patty lickers.
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:38 PM   #85
jayocal
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
TSN and stamps app are showing a 20-17 loss. WTF?
Same with The Score app. CP and twitter set me straight.
jayocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:41 PM   #86
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

They keep showing the Stamps record as 10-4 on TSN when they show the score (23-20 Stamps).
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:48 PM   #87
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
Dickinson might be on bath salts.
Haha. Really?

This team is 63-20 with DD as the OC, and they are 4-2 in the playoffs, with two Grey Cup appearances and one Championship.

They are well on their way to hosting their third straight West Final, which would be their 4th straight appearance in that game in what will be 5 seasons.

I dunno, maybe he knows what he's doing?
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 09:06 PM   #88
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Take it easy. I assume you didn't watch this game because nothing over 20 yards was working for BLM passing the ball. More Cornish wouldn't have been a bad thing in this game. No serious Stamp fan discounts the success of Hufnagel / Dickenson.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #89
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayocal View Post
Same with The Score app. CP and twitter set me straight.
Yeah, saw this as well when out and about.

Glad to come home and see the highlights with Medlock, who was so pumped about kicking a severely wind aided meaningless FG to make it 13-0 in the 1st quarter no less, to fluff a punt into the wind and hand the game to the Stamps.
browna is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:01 PM   #90
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzSome View Post
I don't get why there is a NO YARD penalty on a blocked field goal. It wasn't a punt or kickoff return.
If a kicked ball (FG or punt) crosses the line of scrimmage, even if blocked, it becomes a punt. Yards must be given. Only two exceptions are good field goal and field goal off the post and out. Both are dead ball.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JBR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2015, 10:44 PM   #91
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Still a very weird rule, since it was touched on the offensive side of scrimmage and a live ball.
Jason14h is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #92
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
Still a very weird rule, since it was touched on the offensive side of scrimmage and a live ball.
Not really, weird, it's the same as the punting rules, for the most part.

You can line up players onside for FG attempts, and go recover a miss if you want. Kicking rules are almost all the same, but a ball is only eligible for 3 points if it is kicked off the ground.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #93
Slanter
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
Tissues needed on the Riders board...

FFS, typical horseshoes-up-the-*** win by Calgary. That bs expression that you gotta be good to be lukcky ... where did Calgary being good cause Medlock to punt what will probably be his only 2 net yard punt of his career. That's not being good. Can't stand them full of themselves cow patty lickers.
It's a funny comment, because the Stamps would have been unlucky not to win that game. They were by far the better team, and outside of two big plays (punt return, big run) Hamilton did nothing.
Slanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:16 AM   #94
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanter View Post
It's a funny comment, because the Stamps would have been unlucky not to win that game. They were by far the better team, and outside of two big plays (punt return, big run) Hamilton did nothing.
This is true. Even tho the D gave a bit in the 2nd half they didn't break. Attributes of a great team. It's a big deal for a visitor to win in Hamilton.
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:23 AM   #95
jammies
Basement Chicken Choker

Location: In a land without pants, or war, or want. But mostly we care about the pants.
Exp:

Killam needs to go. He seems unable to instill discipline in the special teams nor win the battle against the opponent's teams. A touchdown punt return against, a blocked field goal, and a fumble recovery negated due to yet another penalty. Oh yah, and an unnecessary roughness penalty that moved Hamilton from inside their 20 to over the 30 when the game was in the balance. Just terrible.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #96
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good win by the Stamps on a strange game. Bo didn't really had a good game but can't blame because of the wind condition. One of the Stamps player mentioned that the wind was unpredictable. It looks like it is going one way but it really wasn't. The important was Bo did his job especially at the end. The Stamps did a great job managing the time especially in the 3rd quarter where they are facing the wind. Instead of throwing the ball much, they let Cornish run the ball then when the Corn Dog got tired, Harrison made the play also. Speaking of Cornish. I thought he had a great game. Defense especially tackle Micah Johnson was very activeand made some good stop on Hamilton's offense. Special Team is still the weak link of this team. Coverage was not that good and gave another punt return TD. Returner Skye Dawson did not start well but made up for it later on. I thought he made a foolish move on that missed field goal but his return turned out to be an awesome return. I am glad it didn't backfire on him. Penalties is still the biggest problem with this team. Referees did not call a good game. Nullifying a good catch by Joe West was just plain stupid. Offensive PI on Joe West was a twrrible call. CFL should let the coaches challenged thr OPI.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:06 AM   #97
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finished the game late on the PVR, what a wild finish. So that wind was nationwide then, errrr...

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #98
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Had my sons birthday party, so I missed most of the game except for the end. Well, actually, I missed the last 12 seconds, because the battery died on my phone.

Why does TSN have a number of highlight and game commentary videos available, and NOT ONE of them shows Calgary's touchdown? At least the extended highlight package on CFL.ca shows every scoring play.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:21 PM   #99
Dogbert
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Finished the game late on the PVR, what a wild finish. So that wind was nationwide then, errrr...

Posted from Calgarypuck.com App for Android
Hamilton is windy enough in general, but the last few days have been insane. It's almost enough to blow you right over if you aren't bracing for it.

Glad Cornish was on his game last night, as I thought he'd have to be. Get the C-Train rolling over these last four games, and ride him all the way to a repeat.
Dogbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #100
Armchair Quarterback
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

After watching yesterday's game it's obvious that our weakest point is our special teams. This season we've seen way too many blocked punts, TD returns on punts and kickoffs, and now even a blocked field goal. And our kick returning has not been stellar. Special teams really needs to step it up if we want to win in the playoffs.

Tags
calgary , dawson , hamilton , stamps , tiger cats