Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-24-2019, 01:11 PM   #141
JackIsBack
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Not required to go to arbitration hearing. As long as there is a case is scheduled the 2nd buyout window will open after the team's last arbitration case is closed (either settled or ruling).

Thanks!
JackIsBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:17 PM   #142
Mayo
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
They have to get to the cap somehow and buying out Stone, as foolish as that would be, probably doesn’t get it done.

And doesn’t Treliving want to be able to add some kind of salary at the deadline?
Agreed we should move Frolik if the price is right, but in the event he's on the team night 1 I'd rather see him with Chucky/Backs than I would Bennett
Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:40 PM   #143
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Nah. Top 4 dmen are always in high demand. Brodie won’t be dealt unless it’s for a decent return.
That’s pretty subjective as to a good return. Some people thought Stone would fetch a 2nd round pick in offseason.

Yeah Brodie gets you back more than a Frolik but we’re talking about shedding salary and maximizing value.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:01 PM   #144
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
That’s pretty subjective as to a good return. Some people thought Stone would fetch a 2nd round pick in offseason..
Has anyone actually said this? Has more than one person said this continually? The search function is limited on this website but I did a search of Stone + 2nd round and it didn't turn up much, one guy was suggesting Stone for a 6th during the season.

Think I've seen bring it up derisively a couple times recently and it almost comes across as some strawman attempt to belittle some opinions. Not saying that's your goal but comes across that way.

As for clearing space, cap, Brodie frolik etc.. Brodie is a clear value player. You hold him for value, value he clearly has as was shown by the nixed Kadri deal.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:37 PM   #145
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rando View Post
Has anyone actually said this? Has more than one person said this continually? The search function is limited on this website but I did a search of Stone + 2nd round and it didn't turn up much, one guy was suggesting Stone for a 6th during the season.

Think I've seen bring it up derisively a couple times recently and it almost comes across as some strawman attempt to belittle some opinions. Not saying that's your goal but comes across that way.

As for clearing space, cap, Brodie frolik etc.. Brodie is a clear value player. You hold him for value, value he clearly has as was shown by the nixed Kadri deal.
I will let anyone defend their view of Stone’s worth and not going to speak for them. I was in several discussions stating he had little to no value and was told guys like Stone have great value. If I don’t remember correctly then I apologize or maybe those posters have changed their tune. It happens.

Of course Brodie has value.

But trading Frolik for cap space is trading from a weakness. The forward depth is iffy compared to defense.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:54 PM   #146
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But trading Frolik for cap space is trading from a weakness. The forward depth is iffy compared to defense.
The roster is teeming with LHS forwards who can do much of what Fro can do if given the opportunity. You lose a Frolik and you can plop a Dube, Mangiapane, Jankowski, maybe even Alan Quine there. Fro is exactly the kind of forward we have in excess IMO... I just don't think he's as valuable as his counting stats and two way reputation suggest. I think his skillset is very well-represented on our team by players who haven't had the benefit of Matthew Tkachuk and Mikael Backlund as regular linemates.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:56 PM   #147
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I like Frolik but with one year left on his deal he's probably a guy that was going to be moved regardless.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:01 PM   #148
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

So the last Flames case is Rittich, which is scheduled for Monday. Will be nice to have a lot of the stuff done before the end of the Month. I comfortable with Tkachuk not signing until late August or early September. That is just the way it is with all those RFAs.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 05:06 PM   #149
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames released a short video of Bennett just in time for his arbitration hearing. Quite the beast in the video!

https://twitter.com/user/status/1154164355526774785
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to activeStick For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 05:10 PM   #150
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Get Rittich signed by Friday, Stone bought out by Monday and now its all about Tkachuk.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote