Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-24-2020, 09:23 PM   #1
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:
Default The CP Quarantine Chinese Drama Club

Since we are all quarantine(ing) and staying indoors and looking for something to watch. I wanted to try an experiment and see how it works. I had to choose a drama that nobody has seen and something foreign to get interesting discussion, whether the drama is good or is crap.

This is a new drama that aired from Nov 2019 to Jan 2020.

The drama is called, Joy of Life. It's a historical setting, around year 500 AD. If you like Game of Thrones, think Jon Snow with a modern 21st century mind.

The schedule here will be mafia-like. The 'day' will be viewing the episode and the 'night' will be discussion the episode. An Episode lasts about 45 minutes.

I will post Episode 1 at 10am Wednesday. You have 24 hours to watch before discussion begins 10am Thursday. Then Episode 2 will be posted 10am Friday and discussion begins 10am Saturday and so on. We'll take Sunday off so episodes will be posted M-W-F. The thread will be open to discuss older episodes but please give 24 hours before discussing the new one. I will moderate and give I instructions.

If you've seen the drama, do not spoil, in fact you can help me moderate and explain stuff. If you are participating, do not read spoilers or youtube comments which have spoilers. If our big group can follow and watch together, I think itll be a fun activity and great time killer.

I think you'll like it, it an excellent, well written drama. There are a tonne of interesting well-rounded characters. And it's pretty funny too.

Any thoughts on the trailer or any questions?

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 10:09 AM   #2
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Episode 1

Do not discuss this episode until Thursday at 10am. Can continue to discuss general questions.

Characters introduced:
Fan Xian: Main character, starts out as a baby
Wu Zhu: Servant of Fan Xian's late mother
Chen Ping Ping: Head of Overwatch Bureau Control Department (like the FBI)
Fei Jie: Head of the third bureau of the control department. Fan Xian’s first teacher. Master of Poison.
Fan Ruo Ruo: Fan Xian's half-sister.

Notes:
The writer is quite funny with names in this drama.
Fan Xian means "Being Annoying". Read backwards Xian Fan means "Criminal Suspect"
Chen Ping Ping is an extremely girly name. Given to the Ruthless Head of the FBI

Last edited by GirlySports; 03-25-2020 at 10:13 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Episode 1 open for discussion.