Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-21-2020, 10:39 PM   #21
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

First episode of the new season that I wasn’t overly interested in. I’m sure the Ahsoka arc will turn out fine in the end but this first episode was a miss for me.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:46 PM   #22
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post

Love this scene. I think my favorite Vader moment. You can almost see Anakin come back for a moment, and then never again.

Amazing how these shows crushed his turn so much better than the movies.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:44 AM   #23
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There were a lot of things that I loved about Vader's portrayal in Rebels and believe me I was worried that they would screw him up completely. But at that point in his life he was pure hatred and rage, and probably at his apex in terms of power. The best thing that they did was not have him hesitate in terms of being indecisive with Ahsoka.

On top of that, brilliant job of figuring out his own lightsabre style. He was all power, and if you want everything was about protecting his control box in his armor. He was also all attack.

One complaint that other star ward fans is why didn't he look more burnt under the mask when his face was revealed. But I believe that we saw him the way Ahsoka hoped he would be, as Anakin lost.

I still expect that we're going to see this Clone Wars series end with Ahsoka on the run with Rex and him telling her that Anakin was killed by Order 66. It has to be a crushing ending with no optimism, think the end of Empire times 3,675

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 09:19 AM   #24
MrButtons
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
First episode of the new season that I wasn’t overly interested in. I’m sure the Ahsoka arc will turn out fine in the end but this first episode was a miss for me.
The beginning almost felt awkward? The best way I describe it is when they were first talking after she crashed there was a delay like it was a video game. I have a feeling it is just setting it up and she's gonna be bad ass by the end of it.
MrButtons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:24 PM   #25
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh. Was really hoping those annoying sisters were one-off characters.

Not liking this arc at all so far. Extremely disappointed. If we’re only getting 12 episodes that’s fine but these last two feel like a total waste.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:53 AM   #26
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I didn't mind the episode, it wasn't great, but it wasn't outright terrible.

I think that they really have to show Ahsoka's post jedi struggles. I mean she pretty much is still taking on that role of jumping into things without thinking. In this case pissing off the Pike Syndicate.

I loved the scene when her and Anakin connected and they basically did the Return of the Jedi scene and it showed the link that she had with Anakin.

Yes to me the sisters are a bit annoying, and a bit stupid and naive, but that's by design, you've got a grifter that's not good, a pilot that's not experienced, and Ahsoka making decisions with the support of the Jedi to bail her out.

Old 04-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #27
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have to say, not been a fan of this new season at all. Thought it started off well, and I liked the action, but, very unfortunately, the Ashoka storyline has brought it to a grinding halt. Its sad because they have a chance to explore this cool, more free-thinking character, and they just waste her.

So she leaves the Jedi, but does even get off the freaking planet? Meets annoying, incapable characters, spends her whole 1st episode talking to them in a hanger. Then finally something semi-interesting with the spice heist, but that's ruined by her dumb friends and they get trapped. Then they spend a whole episode escaping only to end up trapped again at the end, rendering the episode a complete waste.

Pretty disappointed overall. If I wasn't already invested in the Clone Wars/Rebels saga, I would've turned this off. What's wrong with giving the story some time differences? We've been following Ashoka for what, the week after she let the order? We can't skip a few months and come up with a more interesting way to bring her into the story. I dunno. I think it sucks.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:17 AM   #28
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I liked the bad batch arch, they're going to play a major role in what happens next.

I haven't minded the start of the current arch, its been slow and the sisters aren't great, but I think they've done a nice job of her transformation away from being a Jedi with all the rights and privileges and all of those Jedi that would have bailed her out of her mistakes. From what I've heard, the last episodes of the series are pretty dynamite.

I have some theories as well.

Spoiler!

Old 04-10-2020, 03:32 PM   #29
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Today’s episode was the first episode of the arc that I was interested in. I have high hopes for the last four episodes.
Old 04-10-2020, 05:12 PM   #30
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

heading towards the end, the Sisters served their purpose and reminded Ahsoka that deep down she's still a Jedi.

Old 04-10-2020, 10:13 PM   #31
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
heading towards the end, the Sisters served their purpose and reminded Ahsoka that deep down she's still a Jedi.
true... but i'm kinda glad they are done with the sisters (hopefully)

part of me can't wait for the final episodes, but then part of me doesn't want it to end becuz i love clone wars

oh... and i maybe squealed a little when then had maul in this episode. maul and boba fett are my 2 favourite bad guys
Old 04-10-2020, 10:42 PM   #32
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
true... but i'm kinda glad they are done with the sisters (hopefully)

part of me can't wait for the final episodes, but then part of me doesn't want it to end becuz i love clone wars

oh... and i maybe squealed a little when then had maul in this episode. maul and boba fett are my 2 favourite bad guys

Oh I'm looking forward to the last four episodes, it should answer a lot of questions that we have.

1) What happened to Rex?
2) How did Maul get stranded?
3) How does Ahsoka escape order 66
4) Does she hear about Anakin's death.
5) Do the Bad Batch survive order 66
6) Do we see Wolf and Gregor again
7) will we see the Mandalor does he meet Ahsoka?

I'm looking forward to it though I believe that last episode is going to be really hard to watch.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 01:17 PM   #33
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ok so it looks like this street rat, scoundrel! Take that! Just a little snaaacckkk guys! RIP HIM OPEN TAKE IT BACK GUYYYYYSS!!! story arc is done and Ahsoka can move on. The voice actress for Ahsoka said that the next few episodes will show us the fabled Siege of Mandalore and they are nothing short of epic. She even goes on to say she believes it is some of the finest Star Wars ever made. I know Sam Witwer also said in an interview he believes the finale episodes of this season, which are basically meant to be a movie, are among some of the best Star Wars ever made as well.. so here we go.
Old 04-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #34
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'll be sad to see it end, Clone Wars really did reignite my love for Star Wars in a big way.

Star Wars animation really did save the franchise even though I did like a lot of the parts of the PT. But Clone Wars and Rebels were just quality watching, and the last two years of Rebels I would vote were slightly better then Clone Wars. Sadly Resistance just wasn't very good, and I blame Kathleen Kennedy for the downfall of Star Wars. Mainly because she was the one that took all of the ST and did late changes that really wrecked things up, and pissed off a lot of the main players in the Star Wars universe, but changed the entire tone of Star Wars since she took over, fortunately it sounds like she's been removed from all creative for Star Wars.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:42 PM   #35
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Much much better episode than the last few. I get why the sisters were used, could have cut out the whole previous episode and replaced it with something else though and got to the same point.
Old 04-14-2020, 02:47 PM   #36
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'll leave this here

Spoiler!

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2020, 02:48 PM   #37
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

lol, literally posted at the same time.

Looks good, can't wait.
Old 04-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #38
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its kinda cool to see the 501st markings which later became Vaders legion, with the Ahsoka paint job on the helmet.

And realize that in a few short hours or days, they're going to try to murderize her.

Old 04-14-2020, 03:15 PM   #39
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sorry on a bit of a Clone wars thing, but this tells you the genius of Dave Filoni.

JJ brings back one of the most iconic characters in Star Wars in Palpatine, and to me it falls flat, and I didn't like it all that much.

Filoni brings back Maul, and I remember I cringed at a guy that was cut in half coming back on spider legs, and really hated it, then suddenly Dave made it outright brilliant and made a cool Star character that was murderized or thrown away in the movies and made it a almost iconic full fledged storyline that ended tragically with the Maul Kenobi simple duel.

I also liked that Filoni didn't fall into the trap in the Ahsoka vs Vader duel where Anakin emerges and shows some regret for what he does or a spark of the light side, instead showing Vader at his height of rage and anger and hatred.

I'm sad this series is going to end.

Also add on that there are rumors that Kennedy is on thin ice with Disney especially after her self chosen changes to Rise of Skywalker and her treatment of Hayden, I hope that Disney considers putting Filoni in charge of the whole Star Wars shooting match.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2020, 02:39 PM   #40
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Holy crap, that was spectacular

Spoiler!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: