Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2020, 09:52 PM   #121
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred View Post
gif?
https://twitter.com/user/status/1237925161849909248
Old 03-12-2020, 10:10 PM   #122
BigRed
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post

It would be even better if it counted as Neals 20th and gave us that 3rd rd pick ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigRed For This Useful Post:
Old 03-12-2020, 10:16 PM   #123
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Should go by projected goals if they don't finish the season.

Your third is belong to us.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:48 PM   #124
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's hard to imagine the season re-starting at this moment (though it is somewhat plausible in empty stadia), but if they do, I doubt they jump immediately into the playoffs with game 1.

Another option, that might be tremendously unpopular, is to go with only the top 8 teams and make it 3 rounds. Shorter time period and easier logistically...

Pretty stark contrasts from 2nd to 3rd in the ATL and CEN. The team hard-done-by would be the Pens with 86 pts, while the Oilers 83pts in 2 more games would be especially lucky to get in. Pens have a much higher pt% (.623); DAL and CAR also have ~.595 compared to Oilers at .585

Single game showdown between Pens and Oilers for the last spot in the west. Then seed each conference by random draw? Or stay within division...

Home-ice advantage would be less significant in empty stadiums. Maybe you play first 3 at the lower seed's rink, and last 4* at the higher seed (to reduce travel risks). Who has last change could still follow the usual 2-2-1-1-1 pattern...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 03:54 PM   #125
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Yeah, so, none of that is happening.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #126
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wonder how conditional events in contracts, trades, etc, are going to play out. Some players have games played bonuses. Some trades change depending on whether the team makes the POs, games played by the traded guy etc. And of course, Neal never gets his 21 goals if the season stops.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 09:47 AM   #127
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I wonder how conditional events in contracts, trades, etc, are going to play out. Some players have games played bonuses. Some trades change depending on whether the team makes the POs, games played by the traded guy etc. And of course, Neal never gets his 21 goals if the season stops.
Honestly, when is the last time Neal has scored a goal. That guy has been a bum after his hot start.
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 10:57 AM   #128
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
I have zero experience in contract law and these situations are clearly uncharted waters. But to me it would be logical and fair to prorate performance targets and also the payout value of those bonuses. But when has fairness and logic ever factored in. The deals that are tied to making playoffs etc. are a different matter altogether.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #129
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I have zero experience in contract law and these situations are clearly uncharted waters. But to me it would be logical and fair to prorate performance targets and also the payout value of those bonuses. But when has fairness and logic ever factored in. The deals that are tied to making playoffs etc. are a different matter altogether.
Unfortunately, I doubt that’s how it will work. Either the contract condition will be said not to have been reached or the whole thing will be voided somehow. Unless they agree globally with the union on such things.

It would be great for the Flames if the Neal condition was prorated.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:45 PM   #130
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
Honestly, when is the last time Neal has scored a goal. That guy has been a bum after his hot start.
Scored a goal in the last game.
Old 03-16-2020, 02:52 PM   #131
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
If the parties wanted the amounts pro-rated in case of a lockout or whatever, they would have said so. Presumably they didn't, so if Neal doesn't reach 21 goals, he Flames don't get the draft pick.

It is no different than if Neal got injured.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 03:04 PM   #132
Reggie Dunlop
All I can get

Exp:

The AHL is advising its member teams to send their players home. The season will not be resumed.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1239657693545000962
Reggie Dunlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 04:32 AM   #133
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
The sports networks are gonna go crazy in the interim. Reruns...lots of reruns....sigh. Sports are usually the one bright spot during difficult times.
Old 03-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #134
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Dunlop View Post
The AHL is advising its member teams to send their players home. The season will not be resumed.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1239657693545000962
Well that’s not what it says, unless you’re offering commentary.

Makes no sense for players to hang around in Stockton for next two months. I’m surprised they hadn’t released them before now.

But since there no AHL TV money I agree it’s very unlikely they play anymore this year.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #135
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

per TSN a group of players are working on the following proposal to get to the PA and then present to the NHL

Last edited by sureLoss; 03-17-2020 at 01:33 PM.
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 01:30 PM   #136
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

So we could be going to training camp 2.0 at the Stampede?

Very interesting. Wonder if they'll bring up guys like Czarnik etc for one last run through the gauntlet.

This is gonna be such a weird weird season. We may never see anything like it ever again.
TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:43 PM   #137
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
per TSN a group of players are working on the following proposal to get to the PA and then present to the NHL

Seems kind of optimistic at this point, but we will see I guess.

This thing just spiked in a few countries and it will probably be months before it tapers off enough to resume normal activities.

If we are serious about flattening the curve, it means avoiding the "spike" that other countries had, but dragging it out over a longer period.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #138
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Very interesting.

My birthday is August 2nd it would be pretty sweet going to a Flames playoff game that day
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #139
Press Level
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Honestly, if we're out of quarantine by July, the last thing that I will be doing is sitting in front of my TV watching hockey. Stick a fork in this season. It's done.
Press Level is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Press Level For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2020, 02:28 PM   #140
Jetfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Wow. I mean if the majority of the players are willing to sacrifice their summer recovery time to make the end of this season happen, good on them I guess. I imagine the fatigue and injuries could be pretty bad though in the 20-21 season, hopping into a new regular season with only a month between the finals ending.
Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote