Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2018, 03:12 PM   #2881
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
Drag Race is awesome. Been watching for a few weeks now and it's definitely top-tier reality competition stuff.
only bad thing about season 6 is that they seem to have dropped the majority of challenges where they have to make/sew their outfits.

usually pretty funny train wreck to see some of the outfits where a contestant, usually a pageant queen, hasn't bothered to learn how to sew.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:05 PM   #2882
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Netflix Canada Discussion

Watched a few of the Medal of Honor episodes and really liked them. What I don’t understand is why they run the credits so early when there is still 10-15 minutes left with the the real ceremony. I am assuming they didn’t think people would want to watch it or what is the reasoning there?
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #2883
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Right... but there's clearly a big difference between "I got stuck watching this with my wife and was surprised it was decent" and "This is my new favorite movie and I've watched it 5 times in just a couple weeks".

But, sure guys, being borderline obsessed with a "living out your princess fantasy" movie is totally normal behavior. My bad...?
Woah, just a second here. I'm not obsessed with the movie. I just really enjoyed it. It made me smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I don’t think he actually likes it, is the thing. I think he gets his jollies by coming in CP and posting borderline outrageous / ridiculous stuff and then laughing about how many people he can get to take him seriously.
Haha, my jollies. Like every time I get accused of this I can usually prove I'm being genuine. This is no exception. I have a dated photo in my phone of my kids pointing at the paused movie the second I spotted V.H.'s body double in a scene and it's from a week or so before my post on here. You don't spot that kind of thing on your first watch.

You give me too much credit. I'm not creative enough to make stuff up. I also could not have predicted that was going to be a controversial thing to say, particularly because this thread isn't even that active quite often.

I missed the memo where guys aren't supposed to like certain genres of movies. I can't even believe that's a thing.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #2884
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 01:24 PM   #2885
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got around to watching the last season of House of Cards. Good golly, the horror - what a waste of acting talent.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VladtheImpaler For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 03:43 PM   #2886
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladtheImpaler View Post
Finally got around to watching the last season of House of Cards. Good golly, the horror - what a waste of acting talent.
Bummer. That's on our list to watch. I'll likely gut it out though, I've invested in the first five seasons so cannot just not watch.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #2887
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

The last season of HoC might be the worst final season to a series I've ever seen. Up there with Dexter.
Old 12-12-2018, 05:04 PM   #2888
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
The last season of HoC might be the worst final season to a series I've ever seen. Up there with Dexter.
Oh, much worse. The horror, the horror...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:21 AM   #2889
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Sliver, this is strictly for you.

red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to red sky For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #2890
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
Sliver, this is strictly for you.

GTFO. Love this show and haven't seen this one. I know what I'm doing tonight.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #2891
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

She's adorable

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:31 AM   #2892
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Highly recommend "Sick Note" for anyone looking for a new comedy series to watch. Rupert Grint (of Ron Weasley fame) and Nick Frost (Shaun of the Dead/World's End) both put in outstanding comedic performances.
Started this show just this week. Wow is it ever surprising. Both funny and entertaining. Nick Frost is awesome, so is Don Johnson. Great premise and storytelling so far.

Highly recommend.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:05 AM   #2893
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonded View Post
Is crave + HBO worth the 20 bucks?
So I finally got an answer to a question I've had since they announced the HBO tier. I wanted to confirm that when Game of Thrones airs, I can watch it live, and that it's available immediately to stream. It's petty I know, but the way that show is I don't want to have to wait.

Pete Holmes had a comedy special airing on HBO over the weekend, and sure enough it was on one of the live "channels" (this is an odd thing that crave+HBO has). My wife had an issue that required me to pause it for 10 minutes, and upon hitting play it jumped 10 minutes forward. Not a great user experience.

However! When I searched for the show, it was already fully streamable. I figured I would have had to wait until it finished for it to be available, but it looks like it was made available as soon as it began on the "live" channel.

So all in I'd say it's been worth it so far. It's only a couple movies per week added, but it's not terrible. I'll keep it at least until Game of Thrones is over and then make a decision.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2018, 11:30 AM   #2894
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
So I finally got an answer to a question I've had since they announced the HBO tier. I wanted to confirm that when Game of Thrones airs, I can watch it live, and that it's available immediately to stream. It's petty I know, but the way that show is I don't want to have to wait.

I posed the exact same question to the Telus rep when I added the HBO option for Crave. I'm guessing spoilers will be abound the day after each episode airs so I figured I better get ahead of the game.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:14 PM   #2895
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

“Sunderland til I die” is a great show on Netflix. It is very different from Manchester City all or nothing which is on prime, but I recommend both.

Sunderland’s show follows the team after they are relegated from the premier league.

I took sneaky pleasure imagining this for the e=ng thread.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2018, 10:39 PM   #2896
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I binged The Innocent Man. If you're a fan of Making a Murderer you'll enjoy this and find it equally frustrating.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #2897
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So I was a fan of That 70's Show. Which meant that I should like The Ranch. And, while the first few seasons were fine for some laughs. This new season (which admittedly I'm only a few episodes in to) is crazy dark with the departure of Danny Masterson which is justified. But it seems to have really messed up the show. Minimal to no chuckles now which is a staunch departure from previous. I would've almost preferred a quick wrap up like Ashton Kutcher did for Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:19 AM   #2898
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I was going to start watching the Ranch, but haven't gotten around to it, but after reading your review I might not bother, first of all because of Masterson being a monster, second of all I believe that when you write out a main character that the show is written around you should just kill the show.

I also wanted to make sure that all of you fellas and gals realize that the fourth season of Fuller House was uploaded on Friday, so you should all get on that.

Old 12-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #2899
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I don't know how you can watch modern TV that still includes laugh tracks like they're pretending to be filmed in front of a studio audience.

I just finished Norsemen. It's a hilarious, quick watch (2, 6 episode seasons)

Last edited by KTrain; 12-19-2018 at 01:49 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2018, 11:37 AM   #2900
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

You know I'm joking around about Fuller House right?