Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #361
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
Touché!

I see there are a lot of armchair goalies in this thread who believe in the post touch. lol

I have never played goalie. I just know as a very good pool player "that has played in and won tournaments", that I have certain routines that help me quickly get to a certain mental state. I can definitely relate to what GioforPM said about mental triggers.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DazzlinDino For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 01:03 AM   #362
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlinDino View Post
I have never played goalie. I just know as a very good pool player "that has played in and won tournaments", that I have certain routines that help me quickly get to a certain mental state. I can definitely relate to what GioforPM said about mental triggers.
Neat. I have gotten very good at pool on a select few nights, but never could nail the ratio of beers etc to recapture the zone I was in repeatably, haha.

The one thing with tending is that once you are engaged in the play, you don’t have time to set up and think about things, you really have to trust your training and react to the situation. And the old expression “under pressure you sink to the level of your preparation” becomes really important.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 01:09 AM   #363
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Played goalie my whole life, post touch has always been a habit. It's not like I'm lost if I don't do it, it's that it assures to me that I'm perfectly where I want to be down to the inch. It reduces the odds of me being out of position. Even if it makes a 1% difference, I will do it. I want to call every single thing possible into favor to help me stop the puck, mental or not. Everything starts out of a pattern of habit and then becomes reactive.

It's just one of those things you call personal perspective and move on. Not everyone does it, but some people it helps, so whatever the reason, go for it, this is just why I do it myself.

Last edited by FiveSeven; 12-12-2018 at 01:11 AM.
FiveSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #364
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

I hate the Oilers so much and Mcdavid
jlh2640 is offline   Reply With Quote