Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Leagues and Games > Calgarypuck Hockey League
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:
Default Canes and Sabres trade some players

Carolina Gm and I have been talking throughout the day and a deal has been accepted.

Buffalo trades Charlie Coyle, James Neal, Krill Maksimov and a 4th to Carolina for Shea Weber, Carl Hagelin and a 5th plus cheese.

For my part, I needed a responsible blueliner out there. Also, we just lost Bouwmeester for a month. The defense was looking pretty scraggly. Weber will solidify the backend and wear the 'C' for years to come. He is the highest rated player in the deal and really fills a void on the team.

I gave up two good wingers which is going to hurt, I'm not gonna lie.

As far as Maksimov is concerned, he was a guy I drafted 2 years ago. He had a terrible camp this fall in Edmonton. I made a mental note to cut him loose at some point. So including him in this deal made sense.

Thanks to Doug. Pleasure to deal with as always.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2018, 06:51 AM   #2
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Hurricanes were in some bad need from some help with their forward unit. Sam Reinhart has been killing us and we needed to move him down the depth chart and try to get some production from him against less talented players.

James Neal hopefully helps with the scoring and brings in some veteran leadership to play with the struggling Barzel. By the looks of the NHL Neal, I may only get one season out of his 3-year 6.5M contract but it comes in a season we really need his output. Charlie Coyleas some depth that can play up and down the lineup and gives us some trading flexibility in the future.

Thanks to SportsJunkyfor the talks, a lot of names were tossed back and forth and he stayed with it till eventually, a deal was on the table.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post: